A perfect country retreat in the heart of the Peak District, this well equipped, stylish and comfortable 4/5 bedroomed lodge offers spacious living with lots of character. This family friendly property sleeps 8-10 guests. Amazing location just off the Monsal Trail in the village of Great Longstone, a short drive from Bakewell and Chatsworth. Can also be let in conjunction with Thornbridge Manor allowing groups of up to 30 to enjoy exclusive use of these fabulous property
Super Family Friendly Country Lodge Situated Right On The Monsal Trail And Close to Chatsworth
- Beautiful stone built cottage within easy walking distance to the village of Great Longstone, well served with lovely country pubs and a village shop.
- Explore the glorious Peak District on bike or foot on the fabulous Monsal Trail - a converted railway track with tunnels, stunning scenery and viaducts perfect for traffic free activities - even great for prams and pushchairs too.
- If you choose, enjoy the freedom of a car-less weekend as you can cycle or walk right from your door step
- Great base to visit the nearby market town of Bakewell, the picturesque village of Ashford in the Water and 10 minutes drive away from Chatsworth Estate.
- Stylish and comfortable 4 bedroom lodge (these are two attached dwellings but rented as one large property) with cosy log burner accommodating up to 10 guests.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This family friendly property sleeps a maximum of 8/10 people and all bedrooms are pleasantly decorated with neutral colours and fresh linen
- Bed 1 - twin or double with use of family bathroom
- Bed 2 - double with use of family bathroom
- Bed 3 - double with en suite shower room
- Bed 4 - king size double bedroom (double only) with en suite. This bedroom is access via a narrow spiral staircase.
- Downstairs, there is a second sitting room which can also be used as a bedroom with two large comfortable sofa beds for two extra guests - great as a family suite.
Please note that attached cottage has external access only within the private courtyard. Your beds are made up for your arrival and for added comfort we provide each guest with fresh towels, hand soap and shower gel.
Please click here for floor plans
Cooking and Dining
This well equipped, stylish and comfortable lodge offers spacious living and dining with lots of character.
The fully fitted country style kitchen has a fresh cream finish is equipped with modern appliances and stocked so that you will have everything your need to make your self catering stay comfortable. There is a fridge, separate freezer, microwave , toaster, gas hob and oven, electric kettle and large dishwasher.
To one end of the open plan kitchen there is a built in dining area designed to comfortably seat 10 guests.
One of the pleasures of staying at the lodge is the huge private courtyard which has outdoor seating and a BBQ. So if the weather is in your favour alfresco dining is a must!
The high beamed ceiling and the polished wooden floor provides a wonderful warm room to relax and socialise in. The impressive fire place is the focal point of the room and within sits the cosy log burning stove (please supply you own logs).
With plenty of comfy sofas and chairs to sink into and watch the flat screen TV (DVD player provided). The lounge overlooks the courtyard and in the summer months you can open the bay window double doors to enjoy the garden. Wifi is provided
Gardens and Outdoor Space
Just outside the Lodge you enter into a private walled courtyard complete with outdoor furniture and a BBQ (please bring your own charcoal). Beyond the courtyard is a secluded lawned garden.
One of the best features of this location is just across the county lane as you are only a few steps from the Monsal Trail. Head off on foot or bike in whatever direction takes your fancy and enjoy the most incredible scenery and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer right from your door step.
For unbeatable famous views of the viaduct at Monsal Head, you can jump on the trail and head through the tunnel to the Monsal Head and dale which is less than 15 minute's walk away. Also on the trail and on the way to Bakewell is Hassop Station cafe this is a super family friendly establishment right on the trail and is the nearest bike hire.
Please note strictly no dogs are allowed at this particular property. There is private parking for up to four cars
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Thornbridge Lodge is nestled down a country lane and provides wonderful village accommodation just on the cusp of Great Longstone. You can walk to a selection of heart-warming country pubs, a village store and buy fresh milk and eggs at the farm.
Take a leisurely walk through fields to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water, one of the most scenic and popular villages in the Peak District National Park.
Thornbridge Lodge makes a great base for visiting the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - the ancient market town of Bakewell, Chatsworth House (10 minutes drive), Haddon Hall (10 minutes drive), historic spa town of Buxton (15 minutes drive) to name just a few.