Fairfield HouseSleeps 10
A charming and stylish house is a perfect haven for smaller groups of 8/10 guests wanting a break in the heart of the beautiful Peak District. Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell and a short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water which is served by well-respected country pubs.
Five Bedroomed Stylish House Near Bakewell and Chatsworth
- Charming and stylish house prominently occupying an elevated position, a perfect haven for smaller groups of 8/10 guests wanting a break in the heart of the beautiful Peak District.
- Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell and a short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water.
- Beautifully presented 5 bedroom detached home, perfect for families and mixed groups of 8-10 guests.
- Large lawned garden and a fabulous deck area for outdoor dining with amazing views over the open countryside.
- Explore the glorious Peak District on bike or foot on the fabulous nearby Monsal Trail - a converted railway track with tunnels, stunning scenery and viaducts perfect for traffic free (and mud free!) cycling and walking.
- Ideally located to visit two of Derbyshire's most prestigious stately homes, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The accommodation provides 5 newly decorated bedrooms with all the rooms (apart from the bunk bed room) having the choice king size or twin beds.
- Bedroom 1 - King size double or twin with use of upstairs shared shower room and downstairs WC
- Bedroom 2 - King size double or twin (compact as a twin) with use of shared shower room
- Bedroom 3 - King size double or twin with en suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 - King size double or twin with use of shared shower room
- Bedroom 5 – Full size bunk beds (suitable for adults) with use of shared shower room
Please click here for the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
Fitted with stylish kitchen in French grey finish and a splash of colour to the walls! The kitchen is fully stocked with all the equipment you need to enjoy a self catered group holiday with the added comfort of all the modern appliances you would expect.
The room is flooded by light from the ceiling sky light and the patio doors which have a pleasant outlook of the garden and beyond.
The dining table has plenty of space for up to 10 guests to dine together. To complete the room there is a good size lounge area with sofas gathered round a log burning stove (please supply you own logs) and a wall mounted TV.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect at the property.
Off the main hallway, is the bay windowed lounge which is decorated in soft greys and warm yellows with sofas and comfortable seating to relax in. Another log burning fire can be lit in here. Perfect for families, as an alternative quiet space away from the main open plan area.
To make life easy you have use of a utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Great storage for all your muddy boot and coats. Downstairs WC
Click here for the floorplans of the property
Garden and Outdoor Space
The generous size lawned garden has a fabulous open vista of glorious countryside. You can enjoy making the most of this view from the decked patio area with ample outdoor seating and enjoy the peaceful location and rural views.
If you have bought your bikes to make use of the nearby Monsal Trail, you can store them in a large lockable shed. To the front of the property there is a drive providing off road parking for four cars.
Due to it's residential location Fairfield House is not suitable for hen and stag groups - we have plenty of other properties we can recommend!
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell and a short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water.
You are literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Chatsworth House (10 minutes), Haddon Hall (10 minutes) and the historic spa town of Buxton (20 minutes) to name just a few.
From Bakewell you can jump onto The Monsal Trail which can take you all the way off road by foot or bicycle to Buxton with lovely cafes to stop off on the way. Alternatively, head off on foot in whatever direction takes your fancy with access to the most incredible walks and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer right from your door step.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.