The Peak District is a great place to enjoy a Hen Party. Our relaxed and beautiful houses are perfect for sitting back and relaxing in the Peak District.
Hen Weekends In Your Own Country House
Gather your ladies and head off to The Peak District for a relaxing yet stylish rural hen weekend! Our beautiful properties are the perfect place to hold the finest of hen weekends for that special lady. A fabulous alternative to the ‘traditional’ hen weekend. You can choose one of our luxurious properties for a sophisticated house party that you and your hens will enjoy. Our exclusive venues are a breath of fresh air in the heart of the glorious Peak District Country side.
You have the freedom to build your own package with lots of unique activities right on your door step – we have tons of ideas and can recommend an abundance of activities both on and off site to suit all budgets and timescales (full/half days or even a couple of hours) Our properties are ideal for private dining, chic afternoon teas at Chatsworth House, cocktail making and long lazy afternoons with BBQ’s and pimms in the gardens. Perhaps you may enjoy visiting the lovely local villages and towns of Ashford in the Water, Bakewell, Ashbourne and Buxton or maybe you have more adventurous activities in mind?
We welcome all hen groups who are looking to spend time together with their favourite people in an amazing countryside setting.
Peak District Hen Activities
Just some ideas of activities that will entertain you during your stay! •Country sports – clay pigeon shooting, riding and fishing•Pampering•Spa•Walking (with the odd country pub thrown in)•Golf•Paintballing•Quad biking•Cycling•Navigating•Quad Biking•Water Sports•Sailing•Canoeing and Kayaking•Mountain Biking•Rock Climbing•Caving•Abseiling•Cooking course•Baking•Chocolate making•Cocktail making•Craft and Pottery Classes•Life Drawing•Go karting•Wine Tasting•Go Ape
We have some great contacts of local companies that we recommend upon request but here are two that we particularly recommend for group activities. Both offer a wide range of choice that can be tailored to your budget: peakoutdoortraining.co.uk are highly recommended experts in all outdoor adventure activities in the Peak District. Demon Wheelers have a great range of experience in organising many different events. Loads of unusual activities can be organised both on and off site from Crystal Maze, Archery to Mini Quad biking - the list is endless demonwheelers.co.uk
For a full list of some of the activities available in the Peak District, please see our Peak District Activites page
Our Hen Accommodation
We can offer a varied range of fantastic properties in amazing locations for any group size for any event. From a grand Victorian residence to a country manor house to converted barns and rural farm houses, we are sure you will find a property to suit your group and your budget.
We know that groups come in all shapes and sizes so all our venues offer flexible group dining and most bedrooms can be set up as double or twins. There are plenty of gleaming bathrooms or en suites and fully equipped kitchens making catering for a large group a pleasure not a chore. For those who don’t want to cook, caterers can be recommended on request.
Have a look through our website and do contact us as we are very happy to advise on all aspects of your stay.
Hen & Stag Policy
The Peak District is a fabulous place to enjoy a relaxed gathering and we welcome stag or hen groups to many of our more rural properties.
Please carefully read our stag and hen policy below so that you and your fellow guests are fully informed of our expectations before your arrival.
To view our full Terms and Conditions please view this link.
- Our properties do NOT cater for rowdy house parties. Our properties work really well for low key celebrations and relaxed weekends. Many properties are primarily residential accommodation and the applicable house rules must be respected at all times. You may be asked to leave if you do not adhere to the house rules.
- Strictly NO noise outside or external socialising after 10pm (Some properties have a 9pm curfew). We expect neighbours and local residents not to be disturbed after this time.
- We do not allow, the hire of hot tubs, live bands, PA systems and discos at our properties.
- It is essential that you confirm the exact number of guests that will be staying in the property and no additional guests are allowed at the venue without our prior permission. If additional guests are found staying in the property you all may be asked to leave.
- A Damage Deposit is charged on all group bookings and refunded after your stay.
- If there is extra cleaning above and beyond our generous allocation for a normal clean, we have the right to retain an agreed fee for any work carried out for excessive cleaning and this will be at the owner's discretion. Please ensure cookers are left clean, dirty dishes washed and put away and food cupboards and freezers are cleared out.
- If you are considering booking any activity/caterer during your stay, we can supply a list of recommendations and will make a note of the company visiting. Please double check with us that the activity/caterer you have booked is suitable for the property.
- The Peak District is a beautiful location to stay in, please do not book a property with us if you are expecting to combine it with a city night
out. Coming back in the early hours of the morning can cause noise disturbance even if you are trying to be quiet
- If you would like to decorate the inside of the property, please do so with appropriate adhesive which does not leave marks on the walls or pulls off the paint when removed.
- Please refrain from putting up banners on the outside of the properties particularly if you are in a village location, on a shared venue or have neighbours nearby.
- Your group must agree to behave in a considerate way to the people living near the property, (especially in the village locations) and to respect their privacy and peace at all times.
- Strictly no fireworks or Chinese Lanterns – these are not countryside friendly as we have lots of livestock in the Peak District.
- We only accept Hen and Stags parties in certain houses. Please only confirm a booking in one of our Stag/Hen friendly properties
We understand that planning a hen and stag stay is a big responsibility and if you are the person designated to book your holiday on behalf of a large group, we suggest that you forward this document on to all your guests attending so that everyone who attends fully understands the terms and conditions too.
To view our full Terms and Conditions please view this link.
If you are happy with the above policy we look forward to accepting your booking and hosting your stay.