The Stocking Mill
The Stocking Mill is full of character creating a stylish yet cosy self catering cottage for up to four guests. Perfectly located in the heart of the of the picturesque village of Ashford in the Water and amidst the beautiful countryside of the Peak District its a walkers delight!
Boutique Country Cottage in a Superb Village Location in the Heart of Ashford in the Water
- A beautiful Grade II listed cottage, which started life as a Stocking Mill in the early 19th Century is ideal for couples or families of up to 4.
- Perfectly placed in the most picturesque village in The Peak District, Ashford in the Water, which is served by two well-regarded pubs and a village shop.
- A luxury ‘bolt-hole’, which has been recently renovated, retaining beautiful features, it fuses traditional charm with a stunning contemporary take on the cottage theme .
- Ideally located for Bakewell, Chatsworth and all the Peak District has to offer. Bring your walking boots for days out in the world-renowned hills or your bikes to make the most of the nearby Monsal trail.
- After your day out exploring, snuggle up in front of the wood burner or, perhaps walk around the corner to one of the village country pubs to sample a local ale.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The newly renovated cottage is over three floors and has two generous sized double bedrooms both individually designed with an elegant mix of old and new.
The spacious first floor master bedroom has a King Sized bed with the main feature of the room being the beautiful restored original fireplace.
With stairs rising to the second floor, there is a further double bedroom with a standard size double bed .
Off the landing on second floor is the recently fitted light and airy family sized bathroom. Fitted with a modern suite comprising of a shower enclosure, separate bath, wash basin and wc.
Cooking and Dining
If you are not tempted to dine out every night in one of the Peak District's fine eating establishments, then you can cook happily in the fully equipped modern kitchen.
With a contemporary slate gray finish and gleaming work tops, the kitchen is is well stocked, with all the equipment needed for a self-catered holiday. The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, an abundance of cookware, pots and pans, microwave and crockery/utensils/glassware.
The cleverly designed flexible dining space has been added in the cosy lounge. The bespoke drop leaf dining table pulls up to provide enough seats for four.
Cosy Sitting Room
Decorated in a modern palette of grays and yellows and furnished with modern fabrics with a country style, this is a charming snug to curl up and relax in after a day out in the fresh air.
The toasty warmth of the log burner provides a focal point in the room, set in the restored ‘Grit stone’ fireplace, revealed during the recent renovations.
The TV and DVD player with Sky TV and WIFI help you keep in touch with the outside world (this is not obligatory!).
Downstairs WC with coat hooks.
Outdoor Space and The Peak District
There is a shared courtyard with a table and two chairs. The courtyard provides access to lockable bike storage for up-to two bikes and also access to the washer/dryer
Tucked away down a sheltered lane yet in the heart of the popular village of Ashford in the Water you can walk from you doorstep to two traditional pubs, a country hotel, a village shop and a delightful tea room.
The popular market town of Bakewell has a rich array of independent shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants is within a 2 mile drive or walk along the meandering River Derwent .
You are literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Bakewell (2 minutes), Chatsworth House (5 mins), Haddon Hall (10 minutes), historic spa town of Buxton (12 minutes) to name just a few .
From Bakewell you can jump onto The Monsal Trail which can take you all the way off road by foot or bicycle to Buxton with lovely cafes to stop off on the way. Alternatively, head off on foot in whatever direction takes your fancy with access to the most incredible walks and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer right from your door step.
Plenty of on street village parking.