Benty GrangeSleeps 20
Benty Grange is a spectacularly renovated barn providing superb self catering holiday cottage accommodation in undeniable beautiful surroundings. With seven en suite bedrooms designed in a classic country style with a French/Vintage twist, it is perfect for groups between 14 to 20 guests.
Charming Self Catering Rural Barn Conversion Near Monyash With Seven En suite Bedrooms
- Seven stylish bedrooms
- Seven en suites
- Sleeps 14 to 16 guests but offer flexibility and can sleep up to 20 guests (some are family rooms with bunk beds).
- A beautifully renovated barn finished in a classic country style with a French/Vintage twist.
- Superb open plan ground floor communal space provides the ideal area for everyone to dine and socialise together
- Amazing detached games room in a converted barn
- Situated in a stunning elevated rural position in the White Peak area of the Peak District. Perfect location for walkers, cyclists and families.
- Within minutes you can walk to the popular Tissington & High Peak Trail and hire bikes out at the bike hire centre or you can walk up the country lane to the picture postcard village of Monyash or pop along the trail to our award winning country pub The Royal Oak.
- Dog Friendly
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Benty Grange has seven individually styled and beautifully furnished en suite bedrooms which offer flexible sleeping arrangements for between 14 and 20 guests (some are family rooms with bunk beds). We know all groups come in different shapes and sizes and are flexible with the set up of the bedrooms to accommodate all kinds of groups so most rooms can be double or twins.
Each bedroom has been designed with an eclectic mix of traditional features and contemporary style. The former barn has a deceptively spacious layout with separate stairwells both having internal access within the house yet leading to two independent sleeping areas.
Please click here for the bedroom layout.
Cooking & Dining
Benty Grange kitchen is an absolute delight to prepare and cook your group meals in. The fantastic open plan design has created a fabulous living and dining space which allows you enjoy to all gather together. Fitted with an oak kitchen finished in a classic French grey accompanied by a bespoke handmade 3 metre central island with additional seating.
The kitchen opens out into the dining room which is has a large table with chairs and benches providing plenty of comfortable space for a maximum of 18/20. French doors lead out to a patio and private lawned garden with countryside views to die for.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
To make your stay more comfortable there are two lounge areas with plenty of sofas to sink into. The cosy lounge area is furnished with a comfy corner leather sofas and sky TV (40 inch TV). The second lounge has further sofas another 40 inch TV with full sky package and a log burner to warm the cold nights. Through an inner hall way you will find a downstairs cloak room and wc.
The house has been fully renovated and is heated with ground source heating and the water system will allow multiple shower use at one time. There is wifi at the property (please see important notes under house restrictions).
Benty Grange is attached to a larger farmhouse giving you the assurance that the owners live close by if needed but still affording you privacy to enjoy your stay.
Please click here for the floorplans.
Garden and Outdoor Space
Benty Grange is surrounded by beautiful open countryside with stunning views so if the weather is kind make use of the outside patio area with four large circular garden picnic benches and BBQ. You also have your own private lawned garden which is suitable for children.
Just a couple of metres to the rear of the property, is a super rustic converted outbuilding where guests have use of a games room - great for teenagers and big kids! This is well stocked with table football, a pool table, dart board and a giant connect 4.
As you are really near to the Tissington and High peak Trail we recommend that you bring your bikes (you can hire them just down the road at Parsley Hay too). Your bikes can be locked safely away in the games room.
Please note a maximum of two dogs allowed at this property if agreed at the time of booking. Plenty of private parking.
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Located in a beautiful rural position making it an ideal location to see this stunning national park. You can walk and cycle until you hearts content - popular destinations such as Hartington, Tissington and even Ashbourne can be reached off road on the former nearby converted disused railway line. Parsley Hay Cafe and Cycle hire is just down the lane on the Tissington and High Peak Trail.
Benty Grange is steeped in history too, being a site of an interesting archaeological find (google it and you will see)! The prehistoric site of Arbor Low, is set amid high moorland above Benty Grange is also walk-able.
The Derbyshire famous spa town of Buxton, known as the cultural capital of the Peak District is a short 10 minute drive and the historic market towns of Ashbourne and Bakewell are also close by. There is something for everyone – individuals, families and groups – whether you want a challenging hike or a short stroll. For an exciting adrenaline filled day Alton Towers is also close within a 25 minute drive.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.
How To Find Us
The address of Benty Grange is:
The Rake,Nr Monyash,Derbyshire,DE45 1JR
Approx GPS coordinates of the property are:53.17422, -1.77859Please note the postcode takes you to a neighbouring farm so please follow the below directions!
Directions to Benty Grange from Buxton (approx. 15 minutes):
- From Buxton follow signs to the A515 to Ashbourne
- Follow A515 for 8.5 miles
- (After approx. 6 miles there will be a left turn signposted to Monyash, Bakewell B5055- do not take this turning continue along A515 for a further couple of miles)
- There is a left turn signposted to ‘Monyash, Youlgreave, Arbor Low’- take this turning
- (If you get to a turning on your right hand side for Parlsey Hay you have gone too far)
- After you have turned left continue for 0.3 miles
- On your left hand side there will be a building set back from the road and a hanging wooden sign ‘Benty Grange’- please see below. Turn down the track and follow it down.
- You have arrived at Benty Grange!
Directions to Benty Grange from Bakewell (approx. 15 minutes):
- From Bakewell centre, take the B5055 between The Rutland Arms Hotel and The Bakewell Book & Gift Shop signposted to Over Haddon & Monyash (King Street, becomes S Church Street)
- Follow the B5055 (turns into Monyash Road) for 5 miles
- Continue through the village of Monyash
- When you get to Monyash Primary School on your left and The Bulls Head on your right, take a left turn up ‘Rake Road’ signposted to ‘Newhaven, Youlgreave’
- Continue along Rake Road for 1.3 miles
- You will pass a farm on the left handside set back from the road (this may be the farm your postcode takes you to, do not take this turn)
- Approx 0.3 miles further on the right hand side there will be a building set back from the road and a hanging wooden sign ‘Benty Grange’- please see below. Turn down the track and follow it down.
- You have arrived at Benty Grange!
Directions to Benty Grange from Ashbourne (approx. 20 minutes):
- Follow signs for A515 to Buxton- follow A515 for appox 11.5 miles
- On your left handside there will be a white building on the corner and it will be signposted to ‘Pilsbury & Parlsey Hay’ go past this turning and a few metres later there will be a right turn signposted to ‘Youlgreave, Monyash, Arbor Low’, take this turning.
- After you have turned right continue for 0.3 miles
- On your left hand side there will be a building set back from the road and a hanging wooden sign ‘Benty Grange’- please see below. Turn down the track and follow it down.
- You have arrived at Benty Grange!
Why not take a closer look. Using state of the art technology we can let you take a walk around the wholeof this property.
If you're using a phone or a tablet, you may find the tour easier to navigate in a window of its own. Click here to launch.
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for Benty Grange. Verbatim.
Butlin stayed in June '18
Benty Grange was absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much, we had a wonderful stay!
Guilmard stayed in June '18
What a huge huge surprise for grandad to be brought here (a huge shock for him!) - especially to find his family plus nine grandchildren waiting to give him big hugs (he is still recovering!) Congratulations to you - a beautiful house in a beautiful place! Everyone so delighted!Truly a holiday we shall never never forget! Again thank you, thank you, it has been perfect.
Bennett stayed in May '18
Benty Grange was fabulous! The weather helped too couldn’t have picked a more perfect weekend. Great venue for my birthday.
Colasante stayed in March '18
We had a wonderful family gathering to celebrate my 18th birthday. We could not of asked for a more beautiful house and location. The games room was perfect and the house was equipped with everything. Thank you!
Hawes stayed in March '18
A wonderful place! The best showers in any holiday home ever! Perfect location and a wonderfully equipped house.
Smith stayed in February '18
The house was fantastic and had everything we needed. Everyone enjoyed their weekend.
Smith stayed in February '18
We had a fantastic time, a lovely house, warm and lots of kitchen things, games and all very luxurious. Great time had by all.
Harris stayed in February '18
Just wanted to say what an amazing time we had at Benty Grange. The cottage was perfect and Lou made us feel so welcome.
Holden stayed in January '18
Thanks very much, we had a wonderful stay at Benty Grange.
Phillips and Russell family stayed in January '18
We're a large family so finding somewhere for all of us to fit is hard, what a find! Lovely, comfortable, high quality place. So much fun had by all.
Thorby stayed in December '17
Thank you very much we had a wonderful stay!
Norton stayed in November '17
We had such an enjoyable stay at Benty Grange, such a lovely property and the owners are so lovely. Wish we were going back to today, I am sure that this will not be the last visit we have.
Parris stayed in September '17
We had a very enjoyable stay at Benty Grange
Johnson stayed in September '17
We all had a great time and everybody liked it so much that we might come back next year for another Johnson's get-together.
Donkin stayed in August '17
We thoroughly enjoyed our week at Benty Grange with a family group of 12 ranging from 6 months to 87. It was ideally placed to visit historic houses in or near the Peak District including Chatsworth House, Bolsover Castle and Lyme Park, there was also Alton Towers and Drayton Manor’s Thomasland for the younger ones. The house catered for our every need and was lovely to have 2 sitting areas and a large open plan kitchen and dining area. Everyone was pleased with their bedrooms and found the beds comfortable and clean. The outdoor area was well planned and nice area for play. The owners were very helpful when needed and were very easy to get on with. We are looking forward to planning for another holiday for next year.
Jabin stayed in August '17
I'd like to say once again that you have delivered an exceptional service...and I will definitely be booking with you again in the future!
Armstrong stayed in June '17
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the setting was beautiful and Benty Grange was more than we could have hoped for!
Plomgren stayed in June '17
We had a great time at Benty grange, thank you.
Lockwood stayed in June '17
Thank you we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and cannot recommend enough
Fisk stayed in June '17
Thank you for the email - we had an amazing weekend at Benty Grange
McClure stayed in June '17
We enjoyed our stay at Benty Grange very much – it was ideal for our family gathering.
Vahdat stayed in June '17
Would just to like to take this opportunity to express what a lovely home the Benty Grange is. Every guest were full of compliments, and the house is just so beautiful. It was the perfect setting, the landlords were so approachable and felt just like home - except it was so much more luxurious. Every guest has my recommendations from Peak Venues as well, may this be the start of many more holiday home adventures. Thank you Peak Venues. PS Thank you for also liaising with other guests to ensure my Hen Do went to a tee!
Andrea stayed in June '17
Beautiful, relaxing country home. A breath of fresh air surrounded by nature. As a nutritional therapist this was right up my street. Loved the flowers, the nature and animals surrounding cottage. Lovely atmosphere, very eco friendly, clean and pleasant xxx
Young stayed in May '17
Attended Sharines Hen Party weekend - a lovely pleasant cottage with carefully & beautifully designed accessories and comfortable. Highly recommended
Willis stayed in May '17
Many thanks. We had a fantastic time
Adams stayed in May '17
What a fabulous cottage , 7 excellent on suite bedrooms ,tastefully decorated .Everything we could wish for utility wise even tea lights. Surrounded by beautiful views set in a peaceful location, good walks to local Pubs , that offered great food and service . The whole booking process was excellent with peak venues. Highly recommended . The owner even offered to drop us off to meet our friends.
Hulse stayed in May '17
We had a wonderful weekend at Benty Grange for my friends hen party. Everyone was blown away with the venue! It was fabulous. The owners we so friendly and helpful too!
Hulse stayed in May '17
I just wanted to drop you an email to say how much all the girls enjoyed this weekend. You have such a beautiful place, we all really felt like we had had a holiday even though we only had to drive 40 mins to get there. Benty Grange is stunning, all of the interior is to die for and I know the girls were so complimentary of it. You and your husband were so helpful, friendly and approachable. So thank you very much from Laura and all of the hen party girls xx
Queen stayed in April '17
We loved our stay - thank you.
Hayleys hen party stayed in April '17
What a beautiful place to stay! Stunning. Louise was so helpful and great communication. Recommend Maazi Indian restaurant for Indian food/delivered. Delicious. p.s we love Annie the lamb
John stayed in April '17
We had a lovely stay at Benty Grange, thank you. It's such a great house and the weather was fab
Purvis & Mercy stayed in April '17
Beautiful stay at Benty Grange. We have made lots of lovely family memories which we will always treasure. Thank you
Hendred stayed in April '17
Fabulous stay - lovely weather, wonderful walking and a jolly good time was had by all. The perfect entertaining space
Jennes hen group stayed in March '17
We have had a glorious time Showers are amazing. Perfect space for spending time together. Great location and scenery, lovely to wake up to! We are sad to be leaving but had a completely relaxing time. Thank you xx
Musson stayed in March '17
We all had a wonderful stay at Benty Grange and would definitely recommend Peak Venues to anyone wishing to visit the Peak District.
Curl stayed in March '17
Just had a lovely long weekend at Benty Grange, it’s modern, warm and cosy, well appointed and extremely clean and tidy, could recommend it to anyone. It’s a lovely walking area, we did a 7 mile walk through Flagg to Chelmorton, The Church Inn there was a good halfway point for a pint and lunch, nice food and very friendly. Another very pretty/scenic circular walk was from Hartington down Wolfscote Dale, up Biggin Dale and back to Hartington, beautiful scenery, lots of good pubs and cafes in Hartington. The Bulls Head in Monyash is great for an evening meal, as is The Royal Oak in Hurdlow. All in all a great weekend made even better by sunny weather.
Hurst stayed in March '17
Many thanks - we had a great time
Hurst stayed in March '17
Brilliant place - great accommodation to suit all ages! Very comfortable - you have thought of everything, even a cocktail shaker Thankyou
Hinton stayed in March '17
We had an absolutely fantastic time at Benty Grange and would not hesitate to book through you again in future.
Sanders stayed in March '17
Lovely spot to have a joint 1st/40th birthday bash! We'll be back!
Lloyd stayed in February '17
We have loved staying at Benty Grange....it was the ideal venue for our leadership team! Thank you.
Corwin stayed in February '17
We had a great time at the weekend and loved the property! It was exactly what we needed – great space, lovely location, perfect for large groups to be able to cook, eat and socialise together.
Stewart stayed in February '17
We had very enjoyable (if rather snowy!) weekend at Benty Grange
Stewart stayed in February '17
Fantastic weekend. Glad that it snowed! Very well equipped warm house - hope the chickens survived!
Rigby stayed in February '17
Benty Grange was beautiful and we had a fabulous weekend. The property far met expectations!
Rigby stayed in February '17
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Plenty of room, lit the fire every night. Lovely to switch off and relax. Will definitely recommend!
Alex & Co stayed in January '17
Beautiful and very well equipped house - loved the games room! Thanks for a great time!
Leech stayed in January '17
We had a fabulous stay
Peel stayed in December '16
If was a fantastic place to stay everyone loved the standards throughout the house and the owners were very friendly and helpful.
Widdows stayed in December '16
Thank you for your help in making this booking, the booking process was very smooth. We had a very good weekend celebrating my Mum’s 90th birthday. Everything was great – we loved the roses and the decorations.The downstairs area – dining and sitting worked well for our group.
Longley stayed in December '16
We had a brilliant weekend.
Dawn stayed in November '16
We all had a wonderful time at Benty Grange thank you. The weekend could not have been more perfect. The property and the location are beautiful, exceeding my expectations. The whole experience with Peak Venues has been fabulous from the first contact. Well done on providing such excellent service. The process couldn't have been smoother. I will highly recommend your company.
Wood stayed in November '16
Many thanks we enjoyed our stay immensely
Jackson stayed in October '16
On behalf of myself and my family, I'd just like to thank you all for the smooth booking and being so informative, helpful and friendly. We have rented many properties in our time and we have never experienced any as professional yet so approachable as Peak Venues. Benty Grange was a delight and Louise was just lovely!! We are already looking into the 2018!! Thanks again to the PV Team!!
Fraser stayed in October '16
Many thanks, we had an amazing time at a beautiful venue.
Mehta stayed in August '16
We had an absolutely awesome time at Benty Grange. On behalf of my family and friends I'd like to thank you for the brilliant accommodation. We loved it so much that we intend to return and will be recommending it to our friends. Louise is brilliant and she stayed in contact with us to make sure we were comfortable and assisted us even though she was abroad. Thank you ❤️
Davies stayed in August '16
Our stay was truly brilliant at Benty Grange – THANK YOU. The quality of Benty Grange pleasantly surprised us as seasoned travellers - it must be so difficult to achieve and sustain such quality in such a market. Really, really, really good.
Conway stayed in August '16
We had a wonderful time at Benty Grange and I'm sure we'll use it again in the future.
Heeley stayed in August '16
We celebrated our Golden Wedding at Benty Grange from 29th July to 5th August with family and friends.13 joined us for the weekend and 18 for midweek. The property was ideal for our needs having 7 en-suite bedrooms, 2 lounge areas, a large kitchen/dining area and a separate games room. The house was always warm, the towel radiators kicked in night and morning and hot water was always available. All basic essentials were included. I didn't even need my rubber gloves!! The wine fridge, serviettes and candles were nice extra touches. All of us did our own thing during the day- walking and cycling from the door was a bonus-meeting up for evening meals. We took 13 to The Royal Oak on the Saturday, and 18 on the Wednesday. Everyone enjoyed the food. Our visit to Benty grange was a great success and thoroughly enjoyed by all our guests.I would not hesitate to recommend the property and Peak Venues. Thank you
Noble stayed in July '16
Thank you for the most amazing weekend! Benty Grange is gorgeous and we all had the best time!
Lavin stayed in June '16
Thank you from me and all the hens for what was an amazing weekend the house was beautiful.
Adams stayed in May '16
We had a wonderful weekend at Benty Grange, a real family occasion. Luckily the weather was better than expected. We shall certainly recommend it as a venue to others and will consider it again if we have another "gathering"
Broughton stayed in May '16
We greatly enjoyed our stay at Benty Grange, and hope to visit again!
Hunt stayed in April '16
We really enjoyed our stay, thank you very much.
Bevington stayed in April '16
We had an excellent stay at Benty Grange thank you
John stayed in April '16
We had a fantastic few days and very much enjoyed our time at Benty Grange.
Stow stayed in March '16
We had a fantastic 'Birthdays' celebration at Benty Grange this last weekend. We found the accommodation perfect
Barnard stayed in March '16
we had a fantastic weekend at Benty Grange
Binley stayed in February '16
Thank you so much, we had a wonderful stay. The house was amazing and very well equipped.
Neary stayed in January '16
we had a lovely time at Benty Grange
Bell stayed in December '15
Had a wonderful time at an amazing place! will likely be re-booking.
Butterworth stayed in November '15
We had a wonderful stay at Benty Grange. The house was beautiful, and perfect for our weekend!
Parker stayed in October '15
The house was beautiful and very well equipped. We had a fantastic time and hope to return. Many thanks
Reynolds stayed in October '15
The house was really fabulous (one of the best we've stayed in...) and Lou and the family were great.
Gunn stayed in September '15
We had a lovely stay, the barn was fantastic and everything was provided for us
Merryweather stayed in August '15
Benty Grange was as beautiful as the picture (which isn't always the case). We really loved our weekend in Monyash. Several of my friends complimented me on such a lovely find.
Scott stayed in August '15
We had a fantastic stay at Benty Grange , it's a fabulous house , with everything you need . All the families loved it . We would love to stay again at some point .
Burns stayed in August '15
We've had a wonderful weekend, the house is absolutely stunning and I'd love to return one day!
McKibbin stayed in July '15
This is lovely accommodation - very tasteful and stylish. There was a nice outdoor area with picnic benches and a BBQ. A good location to explore the many sites of the Peak District and close to a cycle hire shop to walk or cycle along a disused railway line.
McSloy stayed in July '15
Just wanted to say thanks for such an awesome weekend, it was so lovely. The whole service was great and the barn was beautiful. The owners were lovely and everything was stunning. Everyone had a great time. Would definitely use you again .
Bakewell stayed in May '15
We had a lovely weekend thanks, which was made even better by how amazing the house was. The space in the kitchen area is massive which allowed us all to be together throughout the weekend whilst activities were going on which was great.
Gallagher stayed in April '15
We had an absolutely fantastic time at Benty Grange! We will definitely be spreading the word!
Bellis stayed in April '15
We all had a great time in the picturesque surroundings of Benty Grange – Lou was also very accommodating and relaxed.
Mountain stayed in March '15
All our party were very impressed with the furnishings and facilities at Benty Grange and we had a wonderful couple of days break
Cole stayed in March '15
Thank you so much for a fantastic weekend. The house was absolutely beautiful, so well presented and extremely well stocked. Everyone was very impressed. Please also send on my thanks to Louise – she was absolutely lovely and extremely helpful.
Wise stayed in December '14
We loved our stay over Christmas and even had a couple of days of snow. Louise is lovely and as the washing machine isn't in yet, even did a couple of loads for us, which was helpful with the kids. Beautiful property and very comfortable beds. We thought we'd come back in the summer some time minus all the little people and do some walking.
Kendal stayed in November '14
“The property is beautifully finished and the rooms and ensuites carefully designed and laid out. The two sitting rooms work incredibly well and the dining table in the kitchen/diner had copious space. The location is stunning and as remote as you would like for a quiet and relaxing weekend away. Monyash, Bakewell and Buxton are all a short drive away as is Chatsworth – so more than enough to keep us all occupied.” Other things that we loved though about the place: The infinite supply of hot water, good water pressure (many places we have been we have had to start running a bath 30minutes before it needs to be used) and generally the fact that there was no shortage of heating; The evenly decorated and proportioned rooms (made room allocation so much easier than normal as there was no one bedroom which was superior in terms of decoration or facilities, no main bedroom as it were); The ensuite bathrooms; The 2 sitting rooms – which surprised us, we would not have looked for this, we thought this would be a disadvantage but it really added something to have essentially a kids sitting area with a kids movie on and then an adults room next door where we could watch what we wanted to; The many thoughtfully provided bonus items e.g. the Thomas the tank engine set in a basket which saw a lot of use and which the 3 year olds loved, the dvds stashed in the cabinet, the bowling game (although we never got around to using it) and some of the other items provided for use. The thoughtful basics in the kitchen cupboard were also an unexpected boon as were the cleaning products under the sink which assisted us greatly in mopping up spills and clearing up the ad hoc mess that kids create in a day. The high quality high chairs and the beautiful travel cots also a massive bonus. The games room – though a work in progress the contents so far were enjoyed by older and younger boys alike.
Mirza stayed in September '14
Benty Grange was great and Lou the owner was very helpful and friendly. Would have no hesitation in using the venue again.
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At Benty Grange
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- Royal Oak, Hurdlow –Just 3 miles away our very own award winning pub offer open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great homemade pub food’. Situated within walking distance (if you are feeling energetic) we would welcome you to drink or dine with us. Booking advised.
- The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Again within walking distance only 1.5 miles away. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Manners, Bakewell - Great local Chef has returned to his roots to provide excellent food in the heart of Bakewell. Family friendly Beer Garden. BBQ in the summer months.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinson's small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it.
- The Packhorse, Crowdecote - Located at the bottom of the bank just outside Longnor,the owners Mick and Sharon provide a warm welcome. There are well kept ales which change regularly and traditional home-made pub food. It’s a lovely place to visit for the scenery – careful of the hair pin bends on the way!
- Devonshire Arms, Hartington - Located in the heart of the village – good stop for lunch.
- The George at Alstonfield - The George is an unspoilt, historic, family run pub in the Peak District village of Alstonefield, above Dovedale.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Pointing Dog & Duck, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for an upmarket family friendly Italian Restaurant – Home-made pizzas and pasta are both excellent. Serves both lunch and dinner.
- PieDaniels, Bakewell- A fine French restaurant and cafe bar in the heart of Bakewell offering a selection of fine French & English cuisine.
- Rajas Indian Restaurant - A great Indian restaurant located in the Bridge House just on the edge of the famous Bakewell Bridge. They also do take-aways.
- Juniper, Bakewell - Gin bar with a great pizza menu in the centre of Bakewell. They also do take-away pizza.
- Simply Thai, Buxton - Great local Thai restaurants located in the centre of town – booking is definitely recommended.
- Taj Mahal, Buxton - Excellent curry house in Buxton.
- Pizza Express, Buxton -Well known pizza chain in a great location for town and the Opera House – kid friendly.
- St. Moritz Restaurant, Buxton - Swiss and Italian cuisine, great pasta dishes and also has a excellent pre- theatre menu.
- Indian Palace, Buxton - Great Indian restaurant in the centre of Buxton
- Lone Star, Buxton - Mexican/American cuisine, known for their large portions.
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on certain days.
- No 6 The Square, Buxton - Relax and enjoy morning coffee, light meals or a traditional English afternoon tea in the elegant surroundings of No. 6 The Square.
- Upstairs at Charlotte's Cafe, Buxton- vintage style bright cafe serving breakfast, lunch and locally sourced food. Fully licensed. Outdoor roof terrace and downstairs chocolate shop!
- Lavender Tea Rooms, Bakewell - A lovely quaint tea room, hidden in the corner of Hebden court, the charming décor includes vintage memorabilia and there’s outside seating in the sheltered courtyard. A great place for afternoon tea.
- The Bean and Bag, Bakewell - Family run café in the heart of Bakewell offering locally sourced freshly prepared meals, cakes and scones.
- The Upstairs Café, Bakewell - A nice child –friendly café located in the centre of Bakewell.
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop -A new family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly refurbished station building.
Fresh Delivered Meals and Take-Aways
- Sauced Here- fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks - great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery.
- Scoff - Delicious, home-cooked food, delivered to you in the Peak District
- Bakewell Fish and Chip Shop
- Rajas Indian Restaurant
- Eastern Court (Chinese)
- Juniper (Take-away pizza)
- Pointing Dog & Duck, (Take-away pizza)
- Maazi-Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
- Simply Thai
- Pizza Express
- Taj Mahal
- Khomkhai Thai Cuisine
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1. The Tissington and High Peak Trails
With the Tissington and High Peak Trails close by you can walk for miles along these old railway lines. Both trails meet at Parsley Hay (just down the road from the property) the TissingtonTrail runs along a 13 mile route from Ashbourne to Parsley Hay, while the High Peak Trail is 17.5 miles long route from the High Peak junction near Cromford to Dowlow. Surrounded by beautiful countryside the traffic-free trail is ideal for horse riders, cyclists and walkers of all abilities. It is also suitable for wheel chairs and pushchairs along the flat sections and the trail is mainly mud free which is quite rare in the Peak District. The nearest access and also bike hire is at Parsley Hay which is less than a mile away.
Click here for more information on Parsley Hay cycle hire.
2. Spend a day exploring the historic market town of Bakewell
Bakewell is the largest town within the Peak District National Park and is a hub of activity. Market day is on a Monday and as well as a large range of stalls there is also an agricultural market which is definitelyworth a look around as it offers a great insight todays farming
community. The town also hosts a craft and gift fair every weekend in Brigade town hall. The Bakewell Old House Museum occupies one of the oldest buildings in Bakewell and dates back to 1543, it provides a fascinating glimpse into the towns past and is very interesting and
informative with lots to appeal to all ages. Obviously no trip to Bakewell would be complete without sampling an original Bakewell pudding. The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop claims to have the old the original recipe and still makes the puddings by hand from the secret recipe.
Click here for a link to further information on Bakewell.
3. The Spa town of Buxton
The spa town of Buxton can really offer something for everyone; enjoy a stroll around the pretty Pavilion gardens. The kids can enjoy the playground areas or you might choose to go for a swim at the recent refurbished swimming pool. The more adventurous may want to try out ‘Go Ape’ the treetop adventure course, for those without a head for heights a visit to Poole’s Cavern is fascinating, and it’s a great activity especially for kids when the weather does not cooperate for outdoor activities. For theatre lovers, seeing a show in the intimate Buxton Opera House is a must, and for the shopaholics the pretty Cavendish Arcade has a range of lovely little boutique shops. Lovers of real ale will enjoy visiting Buxton Tap House, which is Buxton’s own brewery pub serving its very own ales and bitters.
Click here for further information on Buxton
4. Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth Estate. There really is something to do for every
member of the family - The Farmyard and Adventure playground, the magnificent house and the gardens which are equally as impressive as the house, with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park
5. Alton Towers
Arguably one of Britain’s best theme parks, Alton Towers is only a 40 minutes’ drive away. The infamous Alton Towers resort offers a great family day out, as well as the renown rides which provide enough excitement even for the most ardent fun seeker, the Cbeebies land is a great addition to cater for the youngest family members. The waterpark is also not to be missed, with rides for the adrenaline junkies as well as relaxing areas for those who just want to chill out in the Lagoona Bay, and for those looking for a more relaxing day, the Spa is a great place to unwind and chill. The Spa also offers a great selection of treatments if you are feeling indulgent.
Click here for further information on Alton Towers resort.
What To Expect At Benty Grange
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Washing up liquid
- Kitchen roll, cling film, kitchen foil
- dishwasher tablets
- 5 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth and pan scrubber
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- Wifi is available - see notes under house restrictions
- 2 pints of milk & welcome biscuits
- 2 x travel cot if requested (please remember to bring your own cot linen)
- 2 x high chairs if requested
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel & hand towel for each guest in bedroom
- 1 x log burner –1 basket of logs is provided, after this logs can be purchased direct from the owners
- Open plan living area has a 40 inch TV and DVD player with full Sky package & box games
- Second Lounge has a 40 inch TV and DVD player with full Sky package
- Blue Tooth Stereo
- Hair Dryers in each room
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- A selection of local walking guides and local information books
- Card games
- Novels and general interest books
- The games room is in a separate rustic barn at the rear of the house with, pool table, table football and dart board, giant connect 4 and extra fridge
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, cutlery and glassware (including champagne flutes)
- Kitchen Scales
- Large oven with 5 ceramic hobs and warming zone
- Full height fridge freezer
- 2/3 cafetieres
- 2 Kettles
- Plastic cups/bowls/plates/cutlery for children
- Electric hand whisk
- 5 barstools at the breakfast bar
- Extra wine fridge
- Large oblong dining table seats up to 20 (length 340cm by 109cm width). There are 12 chairs and 1 long bench
- Double toaster
- Round charcoal BBQ – please bring your own coal
- Round picnic benches for outdoor seating for up to 20 guests
- Lockable Bike Storage available in the games room
- Really near to the Tissington and High peak Trail so bikes are a must!
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, a maximum of two dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- Wifi is available via a satellite operation but due to the rural location this can be intermittent and sometimes unreliable so we like to inform guests before their arrival that you are unable carry out downloads, watch films or totally depend on it for work .
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock
- No use of drones near the property
- Noise Policy - due to the quiet rural location, late night noise must be confined to inside the building by 10pm.
- Managers do live in a private dwelling on site and there is a another holiday barn attached with its own private facilities.
- The postcode is DE45 1JR – Important check directions page for more details as postcode does not take you direct to the property
- The nearest towns are Bakewell or Buxton both a 10/15 minute drive
- The nearest village is Monyash
- Nearest Village shop is the petrol garage at Newhaven
- Parking for 10 cars on the drive but more by arrangement
- Nearest pub The Royal Oak at Hurdlow or The Bulls Head at Monyash
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £400 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arrange the delivery time
slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there are no Peak Venus staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat,
vegetables, dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.