Oak Tree FarmSleeps 20
Oak Tree Farm offers a beautifully refurbished Eight bedroomed farmhouse which has flexible accommodation options for large groups up to twenty guests. It is situated in a beautiful secluded rural position enjoying stunning views of the Peak District. Sleeps 20 guests
Secluded Large Country Farm House Near Longnor Village and Buxton
- Beautiful eight/nine bedroomed farm house
- Six bathrooms/shower rooms/en suites
- Sleeps up to 20 guests
- Dog Friendly
- Breath-taking uninterrupted views and flexible accommodation options for large groups
- Nestled in a totally exclusive position Oak Tree Farm is tucked away, surrounded by fields and an extensive lawned and mature private garden.
- A perfect hideaway for families with children, who can enjoy the play area and explore the large unmade woodland
- Ideal base from which to explore The Roaches with Hen Cloud and Ramshaw Rocks providing an abundance of rock climbing and great walking routes.
- The spa town of Buxton is close by and the popular market towns of Bakewell and Ashbourne are both within 20 minutes’ drive away.
- Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Tissington Hall and Alton Towers are all within a half hour drive.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Oak Tree Farm is deceptively spacious with an 'L' shape design offering two independent sleeping areas with internal access.
Fabulous for families and mixed groups with a total of seven standard bedrooms all of which offer flexible options that can be made up as twins or doubles so you can pick and choose your layout to suit. You can add extra guests in the second sitting room with use of a comfortable sofa bed or use the bunk bed room on the ground floor. Both these room have use of a downstairs private shower room.
Your beds are made up for your arrival and for added comfort we provide each guest with fresh towels, hand soap and shower gel.
Please click here for the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
Designed with a country farm house in mind, there is a traditional style electric Aga which warms the heart of the house. The fantastic open plan kitchen makes cooking for large groups a sociable affair. It is fitted with a hand made kitchen in cream finish and you will find an abundance of storage, equipment and all the mod cons you need to self cater. The island creates a central space for extra seating.
The kitchen opens out into the dining room which houses a large farm house table with chairs and benches providing plenty of comfortable space for a maximum of twenty. French doors lead out to a the paved terrace so perfectly suited for eating outdoors - however, you can enjoy the views from the dining table without having to move an inch if it's a bit chilly for alfresco dining.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
There is so much space in Oak Tree Farm and the property flows from room to room. With a great amount of communal space, you will enjoy the 20ft lounge with large glass doors over looking the beautiful garden. Furnished with solid oak floors and lofty beams, this is a light and airy room is where you can all gather with large flat screen TV to one end and soft sofas.
The beamed entrance hall is a perfect quiet retreat for reading the morning papers around a log burning stove. There is a sizeable snug for those wanting some privacy with comfy sofas (one can be converted to a sofa bed) and another log burning stove .
Please click here for the floor plans.
Gardens and Outside Space
Outdoor space is in abundance at Oak Tree Farm, nestled in a totally exclusive position and accessed via a long drive, Oak Tree Farm is tucked away, surrounded by fields and an extensive lawned and mature private garden.
A perfect space for families as children can enjoy the play area or explore the large unmade woodland, perfect for a game of hide and seek!
French patio doors open out onto a lovely terrace area with plenty of outdoor seating to sit back and enjoy the far reaching views over the rolling countryside.
A BBQ is provided which is available for use from 01st April through to 31st October, please supply your own charcoal and lighting equipment. The Terrace area is the perfect spot to enjoy some al fresco dining.
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Located two miles from the the beautiful Peak village of Longnor, Oak Tree farm is positioned on the Staffordshire Moorlands between the River Dove to the East and the River Manifold to the West, making it an ideal location to see this stunning national park. Longnor has a local village shop, a post office, an excellent craft centre and a tea-room. The old cobbled market square is in the heart of the village and its abundance of history can be found on a board outside the market hall that shows the charges that stall holders used to pay.
The famous spa town of Buxton is a short 10 minute drive from Oak Tree Farm, most notable architecture comprises of The Crescent which is modelled on Baths Royal Crecent. Around the surrounding area you will find the Blue John Caverns, the Monsal Trial, the Tissington and High Peak Trail, Go Ape Adventure Park, The Goyt Valley, Dovedale, Chatsworth House, Tissington and Haddon Hall are all within an easy drive. Alton towers Resort is within a 25 minute drive too.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay
How To Find Us
The address of Oak Tree Farm is:
Barrowmoor,Longnor,Nr Buxton,Derbyshire,SK17 0QP
Approx GPS coordinates of the property are: 53.218700, -1.690155
Directions to Oak Tree Farm from The Royal Oak (approx 10 minutes):
- Turn right out of the Royal Oak car park and follow the road up the hill until you reach the village of Longnor (passing through Crowdecote on the way).
- Continue forward passing the market square on your right and The Crewe and Harpur on your left.
- At the cross roads go straight over following the road to Leek (The Horse Shoe pub will be on your right). Follow this road for approx. 1.8 miles
- You will see white mile stone on your left hand side, a few metres up there will be a metal gate on your right hand side and opposite a lane/driveway which is the entrance to Oak Tree Farm- there are dry stone walls on either side of the entrance and a small sign on the right hand side ‘Oak Tree Farm’
- Follow the drive up for approx. 75 metres
- (If you see the old petrol station on the Leek Road you have gone 200m too far, turn around and take the second driveway/lane on the right
- You have arrived at Oak Tree Farm!
Directions to Oak Tree Farm from Longnor (approx. 5 minutes):
- At the crossroads in Longnor in the main square, follow signs towards Leek (The Horse Shoe pub will be on your right hand side)
- Once on the Leek Road follow it for 1. miles
- You will see white mile stone on your left hand side, a few metres up there will be a metal gate on your left hand side and opposite a lane/driveway which is the entrance to Oak Tree Farm- there are dry stone walls on either side of the entrance and a small sign on the right hand side ‘Oak Tree Farm’
- Follow the drive up for approx. 75 metres
- (If you see the old petrol station on the Leek Road you have gone 200m too far, turn around and take the first lane on your left)
- You have arrived at Oak Tree Farm!
Directions to Oak Tree Farm from Buxton (approx. 15-20 mins):
- From Buxton follow signs for A53 towards Leek
- Once on A53 for approx. 6.9 miles
- You will see a pub ahead of you on the left hand side on the corner called ‘The Winking Man’- take the left turn just before the pub
- Follow the road down for 2.3 miles
- You will go past Clowes Coaches on your left and then an old petrol station
- Keep following the road and you will come to a staggered crossroads, there is a right hand turn (black and white sign ‘Ivy House Farm’) just after this turning Oak Tree Farm drive/entrance will be on your right (opposite a metal gate)- there is a small sign ‘Oak Tree Farm’ on the right of the driveway
- Follow the drive up for approx. 75 metres
- You have arrived at Oak Tree Farm!
Directions to Oak Tree Farm from Leek (approx. 15 mins):
- From Leek follow signs for A53 towards Buxton
- Once on A53 follow for approx. 5.3 miles
- You will come to a pub on your right hand side called ‘The Winking Man’
- Take the right turn immediately after and follow the road down for approx. 2.3 miles
- You will go past ‘Clowes Coaches’ on your left and then an old petrol station
- Keep following the road and you will come to a staggered crossroads, and just after the right hand turn (opposite a metal gate) there is an entrance to a drive way with dry stone walls on either side of the entrance- there is a small sign ‘Oak Tree Farm’ on the right of the driveway
- Follow the drive up for approx. 75 metres
- You have arrived at Oak Tree Farm!
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for Oak Tree Farm. Verbatim.
Harrison stayed in November '19
We have had a wonderful stay, and all the family were very impressed. A lot of memories were created for my son’s 21st birthday.
anonymous stayed in September '19
We had a great time. The house is really lovely.
Borg stayed in August '19
Just letting you know that (despite the rain over the weekend) we had a wonderful time at Oak Tree Farm. Thank you so much for facilitating our stay through the clear booking arrangements and the helpful guidance notes you provided. It was a wonderful family occasion for us all and was made extra special by the excellent accommodation and facilities at Oak Tree Farm. I would have no hesitation in recommending booking through Peak Venues
anonymous stayed in July '19
Lovely stay and would happily return.
Bowring stayed in July '19
We really enjoyed our stay, many thanks
Howse stayed in July '19
We enjoyed our recent stay at Oak Tree Farm. Our party consisted of adults, children and babies and we found the property well equipped and clean. The outside space was also appreciated and well used by both children and adults!
anonymous stayed in June '19
Everything was brilliant, thank you!
anonymous stayed in May '19
Brilliant house and very efficient service, thank you!
Cross stayed in April '19
We very much enjoyed the venue and the service, will certainly be recommending Peak venues in the future.
anonymous stayed in April '19
Property (Oak Tree Farm) was great. Super spacious for 10 + 10 small ones, given it was sunny and we had all outside space. Snug was a nice retreat and loved the snooker. Third time with you, would always recommend. May well come back to this one!
Comerie stayed in December '18
Just to say we had a fantastic time at Oak Tree Farm. Beautiful house & position. Everything was perfect & it all helped to make it a very special weekend for our Birthday Girl. Thank you all for your work in helping us to make this happen.
Burrows stayed in November '18
I wanted to say a really big thank you for all of your help and recommendations. I organise a lot of these types of weekends and the information provided was the best I have had. We did one of your suggested walks which certainly got the urbanites a little out of their comfort zone - walking through a farmyard using the same route as the cows after a very wet night - say no more but they managed!! I used the farm shop in Bakewell for the meat and also the cake makers you suggested and everything was not just exceptional from a taste point of view, it was delivered with such kindness. I loved the area and it was very tempting to abandon London life and move closer to my roots again.
anonymous stayed in November '18
No improvements needed. The email updates were extremely helpful and all the staff I dealt with were fantastic. Thanks for the great service.
Greenfield stayed in September '18
Thank you for a wonderful stay – everyone loved the property and we’re hoping to be back next year.
Siddals stayed in August '18
Thanks for a lovely stay at Oak Tree Farm.
Robinson stayed in January '18
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay at Oak Tree Farm. The house itself was absolutely lovely and we hope we can come back again soon!
Message stayed in November '17
We had a great weekend, very happy with the house.
Hibbert stayed in November '17
Thanks for allowing us to use the cottage, we had a fantastic time.
Hollinshead stayed in November '17
Thanks so much, it was a fantastic weekend, we all had a great time!
Schofield stayed in October '17
We had a really lovely weekend at Oak Tree Farm, thank you for everything!
Kidsley stayed in October '17
Thanks for such a fantastic stay!
Burrows stayed in September '17
We had a lovely 3 nights at Oak Tree Farm despite the weather. It was perfect for a large family gathering, very clean, comfortable and well equipped - Many Thanks. I will definitely recommend Peak Venue’s and hope to visit one of your other properties in the Peak District next year, I found you very helpful to deal with and I will now write a review for you on the websites.
Lunn stayed in August '17
We all had yet another fantastic weekend at Oak Tree Farm celebrating our nephews 30th birthday,the farm is just so spacious for the 12 of us and so lovely
Ashworth stayed in August '17
Great trip, the kids had a wonderful time thank you.
Hourston stayed in July '17
We had such a good time at Oak Tree Farm, it was a perfect venue for our large family gathering. We loved the spaciousness, both inside and out, and although we had intended to visit so many places, we ended up staying put a couple of days as the children ( young and not so young) were having a great time in the garden. We were visited by a hare and a kestrel one evening and we loved watching the housemartins and swallows. The Aga is wonderful, and the huge table so good for all the family. When we arrived there was a problem with a bit of rotten wood on the climbing frame, but it was fixed very quickly and cheerfully after a phonecall. We would certainly recommend Oak Tree Farm to anyone.
McKibbin stayed in July '17
We enjoyed our stay at Oak Tree Farm. There were a number of positives including the location, the large dining table, separate communal spaces and the well-stocked kitchen.
Kerigan stayed in June '17
We had a super week - the house is fabulous and we did eventually master the Aga. Weren't we lucky with the weather - I feel for anyone on holiday this week. Thanks again.
Wood stayed in May '17
Everyone really enjoyed our stay at Oak Tree Farm. The setting, with such wonderful views, was fantastic. The house worked exceptionally well as there was plenty of room when eating or relaxing together, and we were also impressed by the quality.
Ball stayed in May '17
Thanks so much for having us at Oak tree farm, it was such a beautiful house and area.
Bradley stayed in April '17
Thank you Oak Tree Farm was wonderful, suited our needs perfectly and, in fact, exceeded our expectations. We had a lovely week.
McAuslan stayed in March '17
Thanks, we had a great stay.
Hodgson stayed in March '17
We had a wonderful time at Oak Tree Farm at the weekend. The house lived up to our high expectations and the wonderful weather also helped us really enjoy our weekend.
Turner stayed in March '17
Just to say we had the most fantastic time this weekend and all the guests were blown away with the house. It was absolutely brilliant, we couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much for a wonderful time, I will definitely be writing a glowing review and will recommend Peak Venues to any of my friends and family. A few of my friends also ate at The Royal Oak before we arrived and said it was fantastic!
Lillie stayed in February '17
The property was fabulous and perfect for our requirements. We also had a lovely lunch at The Royal Oak. I've recommended your company to friends.
Crawley stayed in February '17
Many thanks Rachel to you and Zoe and the Team at Peak Venues for helping me choose a great place for our family weekend
Mercer stayed in February '17
We all had an absolutely fabulous weekend at Oak Tree Farm. The house was amazing and had everything we could possibly need. I would definitely recommend to other friends
Berry stayed in January '17
Thanks for having us, the venue was lovely.
Reece stayed in January '17
We had a lovely time thanks
Batty stayed in November '16
The property oak tree farm was wonderful and we had a brilliant time, thank you very much
Stewart stayed in November '16
We had a super time, the farm house suited us perfectly.
Parsons stayed in November '16
Thank you - we had a lovely time again!
Butterworth stayed in September '16
We had the most amazing stay at Oak Tree Farm. The house was perfect, the facilities were excellent and we wanted for nothing. Everybody commented and how much they enjoyed the weekend and it was a perfect way to celebrate my Mum and Dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary.
Malone stayed in August '16
I just wanted to say that the house was lovely and made a great place for a family get together. The location was great and the pub were super helpful – needless to say that the food was great at The Royal Oak
Malone stayed in August '16
Thanks again for a memorable stay – the house is gorgeous, the views are spectacular and the staff at the pub were brilliant. I am sure we’ll be back in the future!
Bates stayed in July '16
Thanks for a great venue - it really is a lovely property. Everyone commented on what a lovely venue Oak Tree Farm was and I certainly hope to be able to use it or another of your properties again in the future.
Flemming stayed in July '16
My family left for home this morning and they thoroughly enjoyed their stay at Oak Tree Farm. They seemed to me to be very impressed with all the facilities and with the comprehensive and helpful list of suggested activities. They were fortunate with the weather and the day I spent with them was a lovely one in every way.
Cartwright stayed in July '16
We really liked the property, it worked perfectly for us, everything was in really good order, clean and very comfortable. We will certainly recommend you.
Seagrove stayed in July '16
Thank you so much for a wonderful break. We had the best time, venue and setting was perfect.
Appleton-Holmes stayed in July '16
We were wondering about booking Oak Tree Farm again next year as we liked it so much!
Beck stayed in June '16
Really enjoyed our stay, house was just what we wanted, so, didn't disappoint.
Platt stayed in June '16
We enjoyed our gathering immensely and the venue made it perfect.
Hooper stayed in May '16
We have just returned from a week at Oak Tree Farm, staying with our extended family comprising ten adults, two crawling babies and three young children aged 6, 4 and 3 years. We have stayed at several large holiday houses over the years, from Northumberland to Devon, and personally I feel Oak Tree Farm is the best so far. The booking process through Peak Venues was very straightforward and Paul, the property manager who showed us around on arrival, couldn't have been more helpful. When a couple of issues arose during the week they were resolved within hours and the photos on the website together with the website description are very accurate. The property itself is extremely well equipped, well maintained and very clean. The views from the property are wonderful and the garden is very large with plenty of space for football and frisbee as well as the children's play area and the BBQ. Whilst we were there we had a small flock of sheep in the adjacent paddock for added interest. We were blessed by very good weather and, having lived in the area some years ago, have first-hand knowledge of how unpredictable Peak District weather can be, so we were delighted to be able to spend so much time outside enjoying the garden. For those not so fortunate, there are several cupboards in the lounge containing a treasure trove of children's toys. The small lounge, which we used only a little as we all enjoyed the open-plan lounge leading through to the kitchen, contains a small snooker / pool table for the older 'children'. I had been a little apprehensive about cooking on an Aga, but Paul very kindly gave me the 'Idiot's Guide' verbal instructions on how to cook with an Aga and that worked perfectly. There was no need to use the alternative two-ring induction hob at all and all the adults felt confident about cooking on the Aga. Buxton is a twenty minute drive from the property, as is Leek, and we had no problem finding supermarkets for food shopping although we had a large Sainsbury shop delivered an hour or two after our arrival. There was no issue with us having an online shop delivered and they found the property without a problem. Similarly we placed an online order with Waitrose and collected it from the Buxton store without problem, although they too would have delivered to the property. So, would I recommend this property to my best friend? Yes, absolutely! Without hesitation. Just so long as I can come too!'
Nelson stayed in May '16
We really enjoyed our stay and it's rare to find such an idealist location that can cater for large groups. I would certainly go back!
Garner stayed in May '16
I would like to take this opportunity to commend you on such a lovely property, which many in the group commented on and mentioned using the venue again.
Adam stayed in April '16
We had a fabulous weekend at Oak Tree Farm.
Parker stayed in April '16
We all very much enjoyed our stay at Oak Tree Farm.
Hatfield stayed in March '16
Thank you very much - we all loved the property and it was perfect for our weekend. We are very grateful!
Dunstall stayed in March '16
Many thanks for a lovely weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the house and views were amazing. I am also very appreciative of your flexibility in the run up to the weekend.
Hick stayed in March '16
We had a fantastic stay. Thank you.
Carter stayed in February '16
We enjoyed the stay tremendously and plan to be back soon. The meal at the Royal Oak was delicious too.
Smerdon stayed in January '16
Everything was excellent and we had a great time
Burke stayed in December '15
We had a fabulous time celebrating my husband’s 50th birthday at Oak Tree Farm. All our guest’s thought the house was amazing. We all plan to return in the near future!
Molesworth stayed in November '15
Ian and I would like to thank you for an absolutely wonderful weekend staying at Oak Tree Farm. We had the most amazing time celebrating his 40th Birthday with our closest friends and the venue made it even more special. Everything was catered for, right down to the ice in the freezer. I'm also now a converted Aga fan! The farm was beautiful and we had enough room to not feel cramped with such a large group. It really made our weekend magical, so thank you again. I'm sure we will be using peak venues again in the future for other big events.
Myatt stayed in October '15
We very much enjoyed our stay at Oak tree farm it is an amazing venue. We hope to return at some point.
Jervis stayed in September '15
Oak tree farm, can I just say what an absolute amazing weekend we have had, your accommodation was amazing, thanks for all the help along the way, your a great company whom I've recommended, many thanks
Colins stayed in August '15
Had a fabulous time with 12 members of our family celebrating my sister's 50th birthday at your Oak Tree House- lovely place, lots of space indoors and out, beautiful scenery, fab weather and a great Sunday lunch at the Royal Oak. Totally memorable!
Lunn stayed in August '15
Oak Tree Farm is just the most perfect place for a large group gathering,the whole family thoroughly enjoyed the farmhouse and it's beautiful grounds,looking for another celebration to visit again!!!!
North stayed in June '15
Thank you Paul. We had a fabulous time. The cottage and location is absolutely beautiful, more than we had expected we didn't want to leave. My mom really enjoyed having all the family around her for her 60th birthday celebration. We would definitely recommend to friends and family. We are looking for an excuse to visit the Peak District again soon we will definitely visit your website for accommodation. Thanks again, we had a fabulous time and made lots of lovely memories for the whole family.
Grayem stayed in May '15
We had such a fantastic stay there - above and beyond our expectations!
Burton stayed in April '15
Thanks for your note, we really loved the property and couldn't rate the service you offer highly enough. Absolutely fantastic!
Jackman stayed in April '15
all had a great weekend at Oak Tree Farm. The property was perfect for our hen party and everyone enjoyed themselves immensely
Liddle stayed in April '15
We have had an absolutely marvellous time at Oak Tree Farm, the whole family thoroughly enjoyed it. The location was superb and the house was so very comfortable for each and every one of us. We will hope to come and stay again in the future. Strangely enough our son is coming to Derbyshire again fairly soon for a friend's Stag weekend, and they will be staying at another of your properties - what a coincidence!
Liddle stayed in April '15
Thanks so much for setting up your business and providing such a super venue for large groups to have an amazing few days of quality time to spend together surrounded by the most tranquil and beautiful scenery. Our weekend started with the key pick up from The Royal Oak, lovely service and a delicious lunch. Dom guided us to the farmhouse and gave us a relaxed and laid back tour. The farmhouse was everything we have hoped for and more. We had an age range of 1- 80, and we just loved the high level of standard that has been set. The little touches make all the difference. We definitely hope to be back again in the future and will recommend Peak Venues to our friends. Thanks once again - really lovely experience with everyone that we have dealt with from our initial booking - to the returning of the key.
Spence stayed in November '14
Hi, may I say what a fantastic time I had with my family last weekend at oak tee farm! it is truly a beautiful place and we had a wonderful family weekend.
Tucker stayed in November '14
Thank you, we had a great time and the venue is beautiful, everyone commented in it and I am sure we will use your company again.
Sood stayed in September '14
We thoroughly enjoyed staying in what was a spacious, well equipped and idyllically situated property. Thank you for all the help in making it memorable: we have already recommended it to several friends and family. Regards to your whole team.
Boddy stayed in April '14
The venue was excellent and we would recommend it.
Lowson stayed in April '14
We had a really lovely weekend at Oak Tree Farm. The property was perfect for our party and the style and quality of the furnishings added to our enjoyment.
Browne stayed in March '14
We had such a wonderful time, the cottage is amazing. Many many thanks, I have already been asked for details of the cottage for a future hen weekend as everyone was so impressed!
Breslin stayed in March '14
Thanks to you and your team for all your help and service this weekend. Everyone was very impressed with all aspects of the trip. You are a very professional, organised and friendly group. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to anyone. You must give a special thanks from us to all of your staff in your pub on the Saturday night, they were great.
Drew stayed in February '14
Hi, Thank you for your email. We had a fantastic time at Oak Tree Farm. A fab house in a superb location. Just perfect for a family get-together. From the first email to dropping back the key everyone and everything has been faultless. If you have a few minutes to spare please go to the blog on our daughter's website www.elizabethloisphotography.com to see our photos and your lovely farmhouse!
Tew stayed in December '13
We spent a long weekend celebrating an early Christmas with my husband's family. We are a very mixed group with ages ranging from 65 weeks, 10 adults and 10 children. But we found Oak Tree Farm to be very comfortable indeed. There was plenty of space for us all in the living area downstairs, and a great garden for the children to bomb around in. There was one hiccup where we discovered we were one bed short, but that was quickly rectified the management team. We would definitely go again for a similar weekend
Vivreay stayed in November '13
Many thank for making our family birthday celebrations at the farm so enjoyable. The accomodation and facilities at the farm are outstanding. All the family from aged 1yr to 85 yr olds felt it was warm and very homely, with adequate toilets/ bathrooms/ bedrooms and space for everyone to have freedom to enjoy. Having the large table was great for everyone to sit down together for meals. Well done to all your team for providing such a wonderful place- many photos have been taking and everyone will be recommending it to their relatives and friends up and down the country. Sorry their is nothing negative to say about our stay- all gold standard+++++++. I am sure we will be back again
Cunningham stayed in September '13
A brilliant house for large parties with a good use of space. My family and I spent the weekend here last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the house. The aga is easy to use and the space within the house catered more than adequately for 17 people. I would recommend this place for a large group expecting a comfortable stay both inside and out.
Pace stayed in August '13
Thanks for everything. We had a great weekend in the farm house and barn and were thrilled with the accommodation. Many commented that they would make a repeat visit to the house if they were to head over to the peak district again.
Coller stayed in July '13
We truly had the most wonderful time at Oak Tree. It is a beautiful house in a beautiful location and fitted every need we were after. We will definitely be coming back. Thank you for everything, it was perfect.
Horn stayed in May '13
We has such a lovely time in the cottage, everyone commented on what a lovely place it was both inside and out, we will definitely will be returning! Thanks again for a fantastic weekend.
Scampion stayed in May '13
Dear Paul, We had a lovely time at Oak Tree Farm. The house was perfect and very well equipped and appointed. The views were lovely but the weather could have been better!Thank you very much.
Harris stayed in April '13
Thank you for a superb stay at Oak Tree farm, everyone loved the farm and all its amenities. I also want to mention how impressed we were with the welcome we received and the relaxed way you showed us round. A friendly welcome makes all the difference.
Collins stayed in January '13
We had a fantastic time at Oak Tree Farm and have nothing but praise for both our accommodation and the service we received from yourselves. Oak Tree Barn is an comfortable, warm, welcoming and well thought out property highly appropriate to large groups/families wanting to rent the property. Although there was 15 plus of us we never felt on top of each other as the property was so spread out but we could still all come together to eat at the large table in the dining area The fixtures fitting and furniture are of an extremely high standard and every need has been catered for right down to the childrens toys in the cupboard. All in all a fantastic week, Thank you
Read stayed in December '12
We had a fantastic time at Oak Tree and are very likely to return again in the future. You and your team clearly make a big effort to ensure your guests are made as welcome and comfortable as possible and that commitment certainly shows With very best wishes for 2013
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At Oak Tree Farm
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- Royal Oak, Hurdlow – Our very own award winning pub offer open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great homemade pub food’. Booking advised.
- The Packhorse, Crowdecote - Located at the bottom of the bank just outside Longnor, the owners Mick and Sharon provide a warm welcome. There are well kept ales which change regularly and traditional home-made pub food.
- The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Manners, Bakewell - Great local Chef has returned to his roots to provide excellent food in the heart of Bakewell. Family friendly Beer Garden. BBQ in the summer months.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinson's small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Devonshire Arms, Hartington - Located in the heart of the village – good stop for lunch.
- The George at Alstonfield - The George is an unspoilt, historic, family run pub in the Peak District village of Alstonefield, above Dovedale.
- Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese - Longnor - offering a good selection of locally produced food and drink this is a great country pub.
- The Merchant's House Bar - Longnor - Dog friendly pub, serving great homemade food, plus a fantastic choice of cask ales, wines and ciders. Located in the heart of the village, this is a recently refurbished pub formerly known as The Grapes
- Simply Thai, Buxton - Great local Thai restaurants located in the centre of town – booking is definitely recommended.
- Taj Mahal, Buxton - Excellent curry house in Buxton.
- Pizza Express, Buxton -Well known pizza chain in a great location for town and the Opera House – kid friendly.
- St. Moritz Restaurant, Buxton - Swiss and Italian cuisine, great pasta dishes and also has a excellent pre- theatre menu.
- Indian Palace, Buxton - Great Indian restaurant in the centre of Buxton
- Lone Star, Buxton - Mexican/American cuisine, known for their large portions.
- The Woodyard, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for a family friendly Restaurant – Serves both lunch and dinner.
- Upstairs at Charlotte's Cafe, Buxton- vintage style bright cafe serving breakfast, lunch and locally sourced food. Fully licensed. Outdoor roof terrace and downstairs chocolate shop!
- No 6 The Square, Buxton - Relax and enjoy morning coffee, light meals or a traditional English afternoon tea in the elegant surroundings of No. 6 The Square.
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on
- Manifold Tea Room and Café, Longnor - Commonly known as the ‘Longnor Chippy’ and is frequented by all the locals. It serves the best fish and chips in the area which you can eat in or takeaway. Well worth a visit. Lunch and dinner served but check for opening times.
- Longnor Craft Centre and Coffee Shop - Longnor Craft Centre occupies the old Market Hall sitting proudly at
the top of the cobbled square in the heart of the village. Food served all day with huge slices of home-made cake on the menu!
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop -A family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly refurbished station building.
Freshly Delivered Meals and Take Aways
- Sauced Here-fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks - great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery
- Scoff - Delicious, home-cooked food, delivered to you in the Peak District
- Manifold Tea Room and Café, Longnor - Commonly known as the ‘Longnor Chippy’ it serves the best fish and chips in the area which you can eat in or takeaway.
- Simply Thai
- Pizza Express
- Taj Mahal
- Khomkhai Thai Cuisine
- Indian Palace
- The Great Panda Restaurant (Chinese)
- Maazi- Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1. A visit to the village of Wincle
A great day out for the family with something for everyone to enjoy. Start off with a visit to the famous Danebridge Fisheries, a great place to visit with kids, here you can fish in the well-stocked pool, catch your own supper or feed the trout (food supplied). Then a visit to the Wincle Brewery, where you can even do a one day brewing course! After a trip to the brewery why not call into the Ship Inn, just down the lane where you can sample Wincle’s fine ales in the pretty beer garden. Follow up with finally finishing the day off with a visit to Blaze Farm, a working farm that has become famous for their awarding winning Hilly Billy Ice Cream which is all made on the farm using the milk from their dairy herd. With tea rooms, nature trails and animals to pet there is something for everyone!
2. Tittesworth Reservoir
Located just outside the mill town of Leek on the edge of the Peak District National Park, this Severn Trent reservoir is another great day out for all the family. There are two lovely walks around the reservoir, the shorter trail is only 1.5miles and is ideal for a gentle stroll and suitable for pushchairs. For bird watchers and wildlife lovers, there are two hides available to use. The fantastic large adventure play area is suitable for children between the ages of 2 and 15 years old. The large sand pit is especially popular so don't forget to bring your bucket and spade! You are very welcome to take your own picnic and there are plenty of idyllic spots for this, but you can also enjoy a barbecue in the new designated area.
Please click here for more information on Tittesworth Reservoir
3. The Roaches
The Roaches, with Hen Cloud and Ramshaw Rocks form a gritstone escarpment which marks the south-western edge of the Peak District. A mecca for walkers and climbers with some of the best gritstone climbing in the country. Once you have reached the top of the rocky ridge there are stunning viewing across the Staffordshire moorlands. Obviously no trip would be complete without catching the ‘winking man.’
Click here for more information on the Roaches
4. The Manifold Trail
A short but very attractive walking/cycle route along the route of the former Leek & Manifold Light Railway. Look out for the impressive Thor’s Cave and interesting rock formations along the way and stop for lunch at the lovely National trust tea rooms at Wetton Mill, or take a picnic to have down by the river.
Click here for information on the Manifold Trail
5. Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth Estate. There really is something to do for every member of the family - The Farmyard and Adventure playground, the magnificent house and the gardens which are equally as impressive as the house , with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park.
What To Expect at Oak Tree Farm
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Anti Bacterial Hand soap
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Bin bags
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film & kitchen foil
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth
- Basic cleaning materials
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- 2 x high chairs (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel for each guest & hand towels in the bathrooms
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Iron & ironing board indoor clothes airer
- Hoover & mop
- Open plan living area has a 50 inch TV and DVD player with free view
- Sitting room with TV with free view and dvd player
- Mini (6ft x 3ft) old fashioned style slate base snooker/billiard table has replaced the table football in the photo
- 1 x complimentary basket of logs supplied upon arrival (due to health and safety we cannot supply fire lighters or matches so please bring your own).
- For music, there is surround sound in the main lounge underneath the TV with an auxiliary cable that goes into your phone that can be connected to the speakers (please note this may not fit all phones especially new iPhone models so please do check and bring along your own if not)
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Microwave convection oven and extra electric hob
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- Traditional electric Aga which is permanently on
- American style fridge/freezer
- Extra fridge in utility area
- Double toaster
- Kitchen Scales
- 2/3 cafetieres
- Electric whisk
- 3 bar stools at the breakfast bar
- Large oblong dining table seats up to 20. There are a mix of chairs and long benches.
- BBQ – available for use from 01st April through to 31st October, please supply your own charcoal and lighting equipment.
- Garden picnic benches
- Childs play area
- Large beautiful lawned garden
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, a maximum of three dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock
- Internal stone steps at varying levels between rooms on the ground floor
- Noise Policy - due to the quiet rural location, late night noise must be confined to inside the building by 10pm.
- Mobile reception - as this is a lovely rural location mobile reception can be limited dependent on your network
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- The postcode is SK17 0QP – Important check directions page for more details as postcode does not take you direct to the property
- The nearest town is Buxton
- The nearest village of Longnor is 2 miles away with a village shop, pub and tea room and fish and chip shop
- Parking for 10 cars (behind each other) on the drive
BOOKING AND PAYMENT PROCESS
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £400 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arranged the delivery time
slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there are no Peak Venues staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables,
dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.