Star at Taddington
In heart of the village of Taddington are these creatively renovated cottages. Steeped in history, the properties offer fabulous flexible self catering accommodation with some really unique features. Ideal for up to 18 adult guests (or 26 guests in a family group with children) The Star is perfect for extended family gatherings. Conveniently placed between Bakewell and Buxton it provides a great base for discovering the White Peak area of the Peak District.
Beautiful Spacious Cottages in the Village of Taddington Near Buxton and Bakewell
- From the outside these are an attractive row of three deceptively spacious traditional Derbyshire stone cottages. Yet from the inside they have been transformed to offer an exclusive use venue with hidden surprises.
- The real treat is the sunken conservatory which creates the most amazing open plan kitchen/dining room and leads straight out onto a private patio
- The three attached cottages offer a wealth of character and charm plus a fascinating history. Star House (situated in the middle) was a former public house called ‘The Star’ and in 1750 the smaller cottage was the villages ‘Oddfellows Meeting Room’.
- The Star is designed to offer you the flexibility of all being together and yet finding your own space in each independent dwelling should you wish. Relax & unwind whilst soaking up the ambiance of your very own country retreat in the beautiful Peak District.
- Perfectly placed between Buxton and Bakewell with amazing walks from your doorstep!
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
There are nine fabulous bedrooms in total in the three separate dwellings. We know that groups come in all shapes and sizes and have different requirements so there is a mix of doubles, twins and bunk beds so you can pick and choose your layout to suit. The cottages are set up as follows:
- Slaters Cottage (sleeps 4 adults or 6 as a family with children)
- Star House (sleeps 10 adults or 16 as a family with children)
- Star Barn (sleeps 4 adults or 6 as a family with children)
Your beds are made up for your arrival and for added comfort we provide each guest with fresh towels, hand soap and shower gel.
Please click here for full floor plans.
Cooking and Dining
The real treat is the sunken conservatory in Star Barn which creates the most amazing open plan communal kitchen/dining room. This impressive hexagonal shaped room with a glass ceiling offers a dynamic light and airy space with flexible dining arrangements for up to 24 guests. The clever use of space creates the feeling of outdoor dining all year round. Double doors open up onto a hidden gem of a patio perfect for you and your guests to enjoy a drink outside before dinner!
Each cottage has a fully stocked kitchen and dining/lounge area (the largest being in the main house) and are well equipped and fully stocked. With three kitchens to choose from, there is no shortage of preparation or cooking space, making it a pleasure and a easy chore to feed large groups.
The communal living area in Star House is perfect for all the family and friends to gather together under one roof with a lounge conservatory inter flowing into a games room with a traditional bar billiards table.
With a feel of traditional country charm, the tastefully decorated lounge sits right in the heart of the house. Furnished with comfy sofas providing a sanctuary to snuggle down into luxury living in front of an original stone fire place housing a cosy log burner.
The two smaller cottages each have separate living areas providing an escape should you wish to find you own space and means there is no fighting over which TV channel to watch!
There is wifi in all three properties.
Garden and Outside Space
All three cottages lead out directly onto the shared garden which is an absolute delight to use as an outdoor entertainment area. It has been landscaped on different levels with a flagged terraced directly outside the main house.
Steps lead down to a lawned area which then leads to a lower level offering a totally private patio area that creates a lovely intimate space for outdoor dining and socialising. There is a large oil drum BBQ and four picnic benches for your use. Plenty of private parking for approx 15 cars.
The owner resides in a detached house on site giving you the assurance that assistance is close by if needed but still affording you privacy to enjoy your stay.
The Peak District and The Surrounding Area
Taddington itself is very well located and sits midway between the popular market town of Bakewell and the historic spa town of Buxton and is set in some glorious Peakland scenery. From your door step you can walk a spectacular variety of scenic routes including the Limestone Way which passes right through the village.
Nearby are some beautiful dales and grassy hilltops with spectacular panoramic views. You are a very short drive or cycle to the Monsal Trail – you can hire bikes here at Blackwell Cycle hire and even abseil from the viaduct at Millers Dale.
Around the surrounding area, you will find the Blue John Caverns, The Tissington and High Peak Trails, The Goyt Valley, Dovedale, Chatsworth House, Tissington and Haddon Hall all of these are within an easy drive. Alton Towers is within a 25 minute drive too.
It's a perfect retreat for all family and friends reunions.