Stunning contemporary five bedroomed residence offering flexible family and group accommodation for 10 to 12 guests. Within walking distance to the popular market town Bakewell and pretty village of Ashford in the Water. Great access for Chatsworth, country pubs and the walking hub of the Peak District!
Spacious Five Bedroomed Family House Walking Distance to Bakewell
- Stunning, spacious five bedroomed residence which occupies a prominent position within the stunning Peak District National Park.
- Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell
- A short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water which is served by two well respected pubs.
- Beautifully presented and perfect for families and mixed groups of 10-12 guests.
- Decorated in a modern style which has created a large, light and extremely luxurious house, with an eclectic mix and a special blend of contemporary furnishings.
- Ideally located to visit two of Derbyshire's most prestigious stately homes, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This family friendly property can sleep up to 12 guests, there are 5 stylishly decorated bedrooms and high quality linen and towels are provided.
The bedroom layout is as follows:
- Bedroom 1 - King size double or twin with use of family bathroom
- Bedroom 2 - King size double or twin with use of family bathroom
- Bedroom 3 - King size double with en suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 - King size double or twin with use of family bathroom
- Bedroom 5 - King size double or twin with en suite shower room.
- On the ground floor there is also the option of a sofa bed (sleeps 2) being made up in the second sitting room.
There is one large luxurious family bathroom with marble tiling and a large oval bath with shower attachment and two beautiful en suite shower rooms. There is also a downstairs WC.
Please click here for floor plans.
Cooking and Dining
There is a superb dining kitchen fitted with modern beech units and granite work surfaces. It is fully stocked with all the equipment you need to enjoy a self catered group holiday with the added comfort of an integrated dishwasher, washing machine, American style fridge freezer with ice maker and a microwave. There is a Range master stove, with double ovens and five ring gas hob. In the dining area there is a large table and seating for more informal meals.
For alfresco dining, you can step out through the double French doors onto an elevated decked terrace with contemporary glass screening to provide outdoor seating and views to the rear over looking the enclosed garden and woodland beyond.
For more formal meals, you can enjoy dining together in the separate dining room with a table and seating that can accommodate all guests together.
On entering the property, you are met with an impressive 18ft reception hallway which forms the centre of the house, furnished with black slate flooring and a beautiful oak staircase. Tucked away in the corner is a useful downstairs cloakroom/WC and space to store muddy boots and hang coats.
Certainly the most striking feature of Roslyn House is the sophisticated 22ft lounge which provides masses of comfortable space for guest to relax in. After a day exploring The Peaks, you can relax in the vast room with the warmth of an open fire creating a cosy atmosphere (please supply your own logs and coal). The lounge is equipped with a quality LCD TV and sound system. There are French doors opening onto the decked terrace at the rear of the house.
There is an additional TV room/sitting room, again equipped with a quality LCD TV, sofa bed ( allowing the option for extra one/two guests on a sofa bed) and comfortable seating. This room also works well as a play room for families too.
Garden and Outdoor Space
Outside to the rear of the property is a mature garden with lawn and flowering borders surrounded by low fencing and hedges (not really suitable for ball games!). Tucked away in the corner is a further decked area with outside seating (in addition to the terrace) and BBQ facilities (please bring your own charcoal.)
To the side of the house is another grassed area with garden seating. Secure storage under house provides a lockable cellar with space for up to 10 bikes. To the front is a driveway with private parking for 4 cars.
Due to it's residential location Roslyn House is not suitable for hen and stag groups - we have plenty of other properties we can recommend!
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
You are literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Bakewell (2 minutes), Chatsworth House (10 minutes), Haddon Hall (10 minutes) and the historic spa town of Buxton (20 minutes) to name just a few.
From Bakewell you can jump onto The Monsal Trail which can take you all the way off road by foot or bicycle to Buxton with lovely cafes to stop off on the way. Alternatively, head off on foot in whatever direction takes your fancy with access to the most incredible walks and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer right from your door step.