The Barns, Bakewell
Self Catering Holiday Cottage With Five Bedrooms. This Fabulous Barn Conversion Boasts A Prime Position in The Heart Of The Market Town Of Bakewell. A Fantastic Base For Walking, Cycling And Exploring The Peak District. Sleeps Up To 10 Guests.
Family Friendly Five Bedroomed Converted Barns Within A Two Minute Walk To The Heart Of Bakewell.
- Incredibly spacious self catering holiday home which has been cleverly converted and offers five super stylish bedrooms for groups of up to 10 guests.
- Fantastic location within 150m of the centre of Bakewell and with private parking
- Only a stone’s throw away from the start of the Monsal Trail - walk or cycle for miles on the former railway line and enjoy the stunning scenery along the way.
- Ideally located to visit the beautiful stately homes of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, both are only a 10 minute drive away.
- The Barns are nestled at the end of a peaceful narrow lane and provides a quiet haven yet just a few minutes walk from the country chic town centre and the meandering River Wye.
- The Barns have been sympathetically renovated into a countrified yet stylish abode. The décor is light and airy with a fresh modern look.
- Super walking and cycling right from your doorstep—the nearby Lathkill Dale and Monsal Dale are a must!
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Fabulous for families and mixed groups with five super bedrooms. All bedrooms are freshly decorated and have a light and airy modern feel. The bedrooms are located between two feature oak stair wells leading off the main open plan ground floor:
- Ground Floor Bed 1: With luxury king size bed and Smart TV
- Ground Floor Bed 2: With full size adult bunk beds
- First Floor Bed 3: With luxury king size bed and Smart TV.
- First Floor Bathroom: super stylish modern suite with shower over the bath, toilet and heated towel rail.
- First Floor Bed 4: With luxury double bed and Smart TV
- First Floor Bed 5: With luxury king size bed and Smart TV.
- First Floor Bathroom: super stylish modern suite with bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
Please click here for floor plans
Cooking and Dining
The kitchen is well stocked with all the equipment and mod cons you need to self cater for your guests. With electric oven, gas hob, microwave, double under the counter fridge, freezer, dishwasher and French doors leading out to the garden. There is a separate utility room with coin-operated washing machine and tumble dryer.
In the open plan main communal space you can enjoy dining together round the large oak table with comfortable seating for up to 10 guests.
You could pop down to Bakewell and purchase an abundance of local produce (there is a regular Farmers Market in the town on the last Saturday of each month and a regular market every Monday throughout the year) and take full advantage of the stunning kitchen preparing delicious holiday meals.
The Barns has been beautifully restored by cleverly adjoining two derelict stone buildings. The property has been converted to a very high standard throughout with ample space for a group of ten guests to enjoy a self catering stay.
With a great mix of old and new, the modern open plan social space on the ground floor has large floor to ceiling windows over looking the garden, creating a lovely light and airy feel. The lounge area is furnished with plush leather sofas.
Garden and Outdoor Space
Tucked quietly away from the hustle and bustle of this popular market town, you turn into a narrow lane (approx 3 metres wide) where you approach a five bar gate (this is narrow too so do check the width of you car is less than 2.44m). You enter into a gorgeous and well maintained private garden which is laid to lawn with flowering borders. There is a wonderful entertainment patio furnished with outdoor lounge sofas and BBQ facilities (please remember to bring your own coal).
To make the most of the stunning surrounding area you are very welcome to bring bikes. The Barns is a perfect base for cycling in the Peaks as there is a secure storage shed for approx 10 bikes and a hose to wash down muddy wheels —perfect if you are keen cyclists.
The provision for private parking for 3 cars means you can park up for your entire stay if you choose and explore Bakewell and its surrounding villages by foot or bike due to fabulous central location.
Bakewell and The Peak District
Just a 2 minute easy walk down the hill you arrive at the central hub of Bakewell just outside The Rutlands Arms. Bakewell which is famous for its Bakewell Pudding (with the Original Pudding Shop open every day for you to buy this famous treat), also has a variety of independent shops, an abundance of lovely cafes, restaurants and pubs for you to explore and enjoy.
You are literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Chatsworth House (10 minutes), Haddon Hall (10 minutes), historic spa town of Buxton (20 minutes) to name just a few.
Alternatively, pop on your boots and head off on foot in whatever direction takes your fancy with access to the most incredible walks and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer. We recommend you jump onto the Monsal Trail or drive a short distance to the village of Monyash to walk the Lathkill Dale or head to Ashford in the Water to view the impressive Monsal Dale.