No. 1 Church ViewSleeps 6
This gem of a retreat, enjoys a village location in the heart of Taddington and is a perfect bolt hole for smaller groups to explore the of the Peak District. Full to the brim of country living chic, this delightfully presented three-bedroomed cottage sleeps up to 6 guests.
Exquisite Luxury Three Bedroomed Cottage In A Pretty Village Position Near To Bakewell And Buxton
- Nestled in the pretty village of Taddington, No 1 Church View is the perfect luxury retreat in the Peak District.
- The cottage has been lovingly renovated with a bespoke blend of old meets new with a cosy log fire.
- Perfect for romantic getaways as it is for family escapades.
- Lovely village location, with church views and first rate accommodation.
- Fabulous surrounding countryside providing lots of lovely walks from the door step.
- Great location being situated mid way between the spa town of Buxton and the historic market town of Bakewell.
- A perfect base to visit Derbyshire fine country estates of Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
This cottage has oodles of charm and is perfect for families or couples alike with three stylish bedrooms sleeping up to 6 guests offering flexible sleeping arrangements.
The layout is as follows:
- Bedroom 1 –King size double or twin with en suite
- Bedroom 2 - King size double or twin with use of shared family bathroom
- Bedroom 3 - Full size bunk beds (suitable for adults) with use of shared family bathroom
The bright family bathroom is fitted with a modern contemporary suite comprising of a shower over bath, wash basin and wc.
Click here for full details of the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
If you're not tempted to dine out every night in one of the Peak District's fine country pubs, then you can cook happily in the fully equipped modern kitchen. With a contemporary finish and gleaming work tops, the kitchen is well stocked with all the equipment needed for a self-catered holiday. The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, a microwave, an abundance of cookware, pots, pans, crockery, utensils and glassware.
Choose to have a relaxed breakfast or morning coffee in the kitchen with seating for 4 guests. Or enjoy the more formal dining space with comfortable seating for 6 guests in the open plan living area with views over the garden and fields beyond.
To the rear of the kitchen there is a utility room with wc and washing machine with tumble dryer.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
The main open plan living area stretches the whole depth of the cottage which provides a very spacious feel.
As you walk in on your left you are greeted by plush soft sofas surrounding a cosy wood burner, the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a day exploring the Peaks.
Towards the back of the living room, it opens out into the dining space which in turn gives access to the raised garden area (small but perfectly formed!) There is patio furniture and a BBQ (don't forget your charcoal).
Click here for full floor plans
Outdoor Space and the Peak District
Taddington itself is very well located and sits midway between the popular market town of Bakewell and the historic spa town of Buxton. Taddington is set in some glorious Peakland scenery and from your door step you can walk, a spectacular variety of scenic routes including the Limestone Way which passes right through the village. There is something for everyone – whether you want a challenging hike or a short stroll.
You are only a very short drive or cycle to the Monsal Trail – you can hire bikes and even abseil from the viaduct at Millers Dale. Turn left out of the village and you are just a 10 minute drive from the spa town of Buxton and turn right you are equidistant to Bakewell, home of the famous Bakewell pudding.
Around the surrounding area you will find plenty to do - the Blue John Caverns, the Tissington and High Peak Trails, the Goyt Valley, Dovedale, Chatsworth House, Tissington and Haddon Hall all of these are within an easy drive. Alton Towers is also only 25 miles away too.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.