No. 1 Church ViewSleeps 6
This gem of a retreat, enjoys a village location in the heart of Taddington and is a perfect bolt hole for smaller groups to explore the of the Peak District. Full to the brim of country living chic, this delightfully presented three-bedroomed cottage sleeps up to 6 guests.
Exquisite Luxury Three Bedroomed Cottage In A Pretty Village Position Near To Bakewell And Buxton
- Three bedrooms
- Shared family bathroom and master bedroom en suite
- Sleeps up to 6 guests
- Sorry no Dogs.
- Nestled in the pretty village of Taddington, No 1 Church View is the perfect luxury retreat in the Peak District.
- The cottage has been lovingly renovated with a bespoke blend of old meets new with a cosy log fire.
- Lovely village location, with church views and first rate accommodation.
- Fabulous surrounding countryside providing lots of lovely walks from the door step.
- Great location being situated mid way between the spa town of Buxton and the historic market town of Bakewell.
- A perfect base to visit Derbyshire's fine country estates of Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
This cottage has oodles of charm and is perfect for families or couples alike with three stylish bedrooms sleeping up to 6 guests offering flexible sleeping arrangements.
The layout is as follows:
- Bedroom 1 –King size double or twin with en suite
- Bedroom 2 - King size double or twin with use of shared family bathroom
- Bedroom 3 - Full size bunk beds (suitable for adults) with use of shared family bathroom
The bright family bathroom is fitted with a modern contemporary suite comprising of a shower over bath, wash basin and wc.
Click here for full details of the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
If you're not tempted to dine out every night in one of the Peak District's fine country pubs, then you can cook happily in the fully equipped modern kitchen. With a contemporary finish and gleaming work tops, the kitchen is well stocked with all the equipment needed for a self-catered holiday. The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, a microwave, an abundance of cookware, pots, pans, crockery, utensils and glassware.
Choose to have a relaxed breakfast or morning coffee in the kitchen with seating for 4 guests. Or enjoy the more formal dining space with comfortable seating for 6 guests in the open plan living area with views over the garden and fields beyond.
To the rear of the kitchen there is a utility room with wc and washing machine with tumble dryer.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
The main open plan living area stretches the whole depth of the cottage which provides a very spacious feel.
As you walk in on your left you are greeted by plush soft sofas surrounding a cosy wood burner, the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a day exploring the Peaks.
Towards the back of the living room, it opens out into the dining space which in turn gives access to the raised garden area (small but perfectly formed!) There is patio furniture and a BBQ (don't forget your charcoal).
Click here for full floor plans
Outdoor Space and the Peak District
Taddington itself is very well located and sits midway between the popular market town of Bakewell and the historic spa town of Buxton. Taddington is set in some glorious Peakland scenery and from your door step you can walk, a spectacular variety of scenic routes including the Limestone Way which passes right through the village. There is something for everyone – whether you want a challenging hike or a short stroll.
You are only a very short drive or cycle to the Monsal Trail – you can hire bikes and even abseil from the viaduct at Millers Dale. Turn left out of the village and you are just a 10 minute drive from the spa town of Buxton and turn right you are equidistant to Bakewell, home of the famous Bakewell pudding.
Around the surrounding area you will find plenty to do - the Blue John Caverns, the Tissington and High Peak Trails, the Goyt Valley, Dovedale, Chatsworth House, Tissington and Haddon Hall all of these are within an easy drive. Alton Towers is also only 25 miles away too.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.
How To Find Us
The address of No 1 Church View is:
Main Road, Taddington, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9TX
Approx. GPS coordinates of the property are: 53.236431, -1.788616
Directions to Church View by car from Bakewell (approx. 10 mins):
- Follow signs to the A6 (Buxton Road)- continue
along this for 4.8 miles
- Immediately the speed limit changes from 50 to national speed limit and the road turns into a dual-carriage way, there is a left hand turn onto ‘main road’ (often there is a sign for The Queen’s Arms)
- Follow the road for 0.8 miles (continuing past the Queen’s Arms on your right hand-side)
- There will be a red telephone box on your left hand-side and No 1 Church View is just after on the left (last cottage on the row).
- There is either on street parking or if you just drive past Church View and turn left to go back on yourself up the gravel lane opposite the church there is a parking space on the gravel opposite the lawn on the right hand side of the front door.
- You have arrived at No 1 Church View!
Directions to Church View by car from Buxton (approx. 15 minutes):
- Follow signs to the A6- continue along this for 5.5
- You will go past a left turn to Priestcliffe anda bus stop on your left hand side. Just after the bus stop there will be a sign with Taddington signposted. There are two turnings shown on the sign, make sure
you take the second one signposted ‘Taddington’ as this will make sure you are on Main Road not School Lane.
- Once you have turned right onto Main Road, follow the road for 0.4 miles
- There is a churchyard on your left hand-side
- Church View is on your right hand-side just after the entrance to the church (if you reach a red telephone box on your right hand-side you have gone too far!)
- There is either on street parking or opposite the entrance to the church there is a little gravel lane which you can drive up and there is a parking space on the gravel opposite the lawn on the right hand
side of the front door.
- You have arrived at No 1 Church View!
Why not take a closer look. Using state of the art technology we can let you take a walk around the wholeof this property.
If you're using a phone or a tablet, you may find the tour easier to navigate in a window of its own. Click here to launch.
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for No. 1 Church View. Verbatim.
Perrier stayed in October '20
“One of the best Airbnb places I have stayed at so far. Super cute house that has all the right amenities for a comfy stay. Spotless and well layed out space. Thankfully free of clutter and tastefully decorated. Taddington is a beautiful little town, make sure to to visit the Queens Arms pub just down the street for a pint and a friendly chat with the locals. Highly highly recommend this property.”
McWilliams stayed in August '20
Really lovely cottage. Very clean and really cosy. Cute village which is well situated for Buxton and Bakewell and the surrounding areas. Really enjoyed our stay
Casper stayed in August '20
This cottage was one of the best we’ve ever visited. A modern interior design, clean, well equipped, all situated in a typical UK village (we’re from the Netherlands). A lot of quality for its price-range. The location is perfect to explore the Peak district. 5 out of 5 stars.”
Middleton stayed in August '20
A lovely cottage in a quiet village, very central in the peak district so easy access to lots of places. Well equipped kitchen and very well decorated.
anonymous stayed in July '20
We had a great time. A very well equipped house - really appreciated having plenty of cups, plates, cutlery etc.
Khan stayed in March '20
“Lovely space that is easy to navigate. Lots of helpful tips are provided on arrival. Overall a definite book if you want to have a nice relaxing break in the peak district.”
anonymous stayed in February '20
Lovely cottage perfect for a long weekend.
Rogge stayed in January '20
“Beautifully spacious home with great walks within easy driving distance. Would definitely recommend”
Grant stayed in January '20
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will certainly be back soon.
Snudden stayed in December '19
“Really lovely airbnb, very spacious”
Lee stayed in November '19
“Lovely spot in Taddington within ten mins to Bakewell and Buxton. Homely relaxing place to stay, would highly recommend.”
anonymous stayed in October '19
Professional and friendly service. Great property and amazing location.
anonymous stayed in June '19
Your cottage is lovely. We had a great time. Thank you
anonymous stayed in April '19
Very friendly and helpful staff
Block stayed in August '18
The whole experience was flawless. Communication was excellent. The property was in good order, pleasantly furnished, well equipped and clean. My deposit was refunded promptly. I couldn't have asked for more and am delighted with our stay.
Tatlock stayed in June '18
It was a wonderful cottage and so beautifully kept. We had a lovely time thank you.
Hiscock stayed in February '18
We had a wonderful stay at No.1 Church View.
Irving stayed in November '17
We had a great weekend in the Peak District and No1 Church View. The property exceeded expectations and was in a great location.
Barrow stayed in November '17
Thanks also for a great stay - we had a wonderful week at No. 1 Church View!
Jones stayed in October '17
We had a fantastic holiday in this cottage. It was so very well equipped and suited our 3 generation needs perfectly. The location was ideal with Bakewell and Buxton both short drives and other attractions all within half an hour. We enjoyed meals at 3 different pubs, our favourite being the recently opened Railway @ Buxton. The house keeper Jo was very warm and friendly when we spoke on the phone. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants a holiday in this area, we were very impressed. Thank you.
Rodger stayed in August '17
We had a great time at Church View and hope to return in the near future. Please pass our thanks to Jo for her cheerful hello and goodbye!
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At No. 1 Church View
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- The Queens Arms - Old traditional village pub, a 5 minute walk from the property.
- Royal Oak, Hurdlow –Just 5 miles away our very own award winning pub offer open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great home-made pub food’. Booking advised.
- The Church Inn, Chelmorton - Traditional village pub serving hearty meals.
- The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Manners, Bakewell - Great local Chef has returned to his roots to provide excellent food in the heart of Bakewell. Family friendly Beer Garden.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinson's small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Simply Thai, Buxton - Great local Thai restaurant located in the centre of town – booking is definitely recommended.
- Taj Mahal, Buxton - Excellent curry house in Buxton.
- Pizza Express, Buxton -Well known pizza chain in a great location for town and the Opera House – kid friendly.
- St. Moritz Restaurant, Buxton - Swiss and Italian cuisine, great pasta dishes and also has a excellent pre- theatre menu.
- Indian Palace, Buxton - Great Indian restaurant in the centre of Buxton
- Lone Star, Buxton - Mexican/American cuisine, known for their large portions.
- Columbine, Buxton - Small privately run restaurant, perfect for a special occasion.
- The Woodyard, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for a family friendly Restaurant – . Serves both lunch and dinner.
- PieDaniels, Bakewell- A fine French restaurant and cafe bar in the heart of Bakewell offering a selection of fine French & English cuisine.
- Juniper, Bakewell - Gin bar with a great pizza menu in the centre of Bakewell. They also do take-away pizza.
- The Merchant’s Yard, Tideswell - A stylish restaurant with a private dining area for large groups. Also a lovely setting for afternoon tea and the cocktails are a must!
- Upstairs at Charlotte's Cafe, Buxton- vintage style bright cafe serving breakfast, lunch and locally sourced food. Fully licensed. Outdoor roof terrace and downstairs chocolate shop!
- No 6 The Square, Buxton - Relax and enjoy morning coffee, light meals or a traditional English afternoon tea in the elegant surroundings of No. 6 The Square.
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop - A family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly refurbished station building.
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on certain days.
- Lavender Tea Rooms, Bakewell - A lovely quaint tea room, hidden in the corner of Hebden court, the charming décor includes vintage memorabilia and there’s outside seating in the sheltered courtyard. A great place for afternoon tea.
- The Bean and Bag, Bakewell - Family run café in the heart of Bakewell offering locally sourced freshly prepared meals, cakes and scones.
- The Upstairs Café, Bakewell - A nice child –friendly café located in the centre of Bakewell.
Fresh Delivered Meals and Take Aways
- Sauced Here- fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks -great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery.
- Scoff - Delicious, home-cooked food, delivered to you in the Peak District
- Simply Thai
- Pizza Express
- Taj Mahal
- Khomkhai Thai Cuisine
- Indian Palace
- The Great Panda Restaurant (Chinese)
- Maazi- Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
- The Pizza Merchant- Take away pizza with free delivery within 10 minutes of Tideswell.
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1. Cycle or walk the Monsal Trail
With the Monsal Trail so close by it would be rude not to take the opportunity to cycle/walk along this old Midland Railway line which runs from Bakewell right up to Blackwell Mill, in Chee Dale. The trail offers 8.5 miles of traffic free and mud free cycling/walking and with the recently reopened tunnels offers one of the most spectacular leisure routes in Britain for cycling, walking and horse riding. The nearest cycle hire to the property is at Blackwell Mill and you can also hire bikes at Hassop station which is great place to stop for a bite to eat or for coffee and nice piece of homemade cake! There is also a lovely little gift shop and book shop and a children’s play area. If walking it is also worth leaving the trail and dropping down in to Monsal Dale itself to enjoy walking along down by the river.
Please note that Blackwell Cycle Hire does close for the Winter Months
2. Spend a day exploring the historic market town of Bakewell
Bakewell is the largest town within the Peak District National Park and is a hub of activity. Market day is on a Monday and as well as a large range of stalls there is also an agricultural market which is definitely worth a look around as it offers a great insight into today's farming community. The town also hosts a craft and gift fair every weekend in the Brigade town hall. The Bakewell Old House Museum occupies one of the oldest buildings in Bakewell and dates back to 1543, it provides a fascinating glimpse into the towns past and is very interesting and informative with lots to appeal to all ages.Obviously no trip to Bakewell would be complete without sampling an original Bakewell pudding. The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop claims to have the old original recipe and still makes the puddings by hand from the secret recipe.
Click here for a link to further information on Bakewell.
3. Take a tour around the Thornbridge Brewery
This award winning brewery is not far from the property and for any real ale lover taking a tour of this state-of-the art brewery is not to be missed. Tours take place very Wednesday and Friday at 3pm, booking is advisable. Also if you are lucky enough to be staying with us in the last week of the month, the brewery holds two socials on the last Wednesday (5-9pm) and the last Saturday (12-8pm) of each month. They generally have a range of 10 cask and keg Thornbridge beers, including Thornbridge favourites and also some of their rarer beers. They also run brewery tours on these socials at 6 and 7pm on the Wednesday and 3 and 5pm on the Saturday, again booking is advisable.
Click here for further information on Thornbridge Brewery
4. The spa town of Buxton
The spa town of Buxton can really offer something for everyone; enjoy a stroll around the pretty Pavilion gardens. The kids can enjoy the playground areas or you might choose to go for a swim at the recent refurbished swimming pool. The more adventurous may want to try out ‘Go Ape’ the treetop adventure course, for those without a head for heights a visit to Poole’s Cavern is fascinating, and it’s a great activity especially for kids when the weather does not cooperate for outdoor activities. For theatre lovers, seeing a show in the intimate Buxton Opera House is a must, and for the shopaholics the pretty Cavendish Arcade has a range of lovely little boutique shops. Lovers of real ale will enjoy visiting Buxton Tap House, which is Buxton’s own brewery pub serving its very own ales and bitters.
Click here for further information on Buxton
5. Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth Estate. There really is something to do for every member of the family - The Farmyard and Adventure playground, the magnificent house and the gardens which are equally as impressive as the house, with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park
What to Expect at No1 Church View
A basic weekend supply of the following (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Antibacterial soap
- Loo rolls
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film &, kitchen foil
- Bin bags
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth
- Basic cleaning materials
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- 1 x high chair (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel for each guest and hand towels in the bathroom
- 1 x log burner in the lounge – 1 x complimentary basket of logs supplied upon arrival (due to health and safety we cannot supply fire lighters or
matches so please bring your own).
- 1 x Smart TV with DVD player
- 1 x Bluetooth Speaker
- 2 x Hair Dryers
- Washing Machine with integrated dryer
- Iron & ironing board and clothes drying rack
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Kitchen Scales
- Electric oven and hob
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- 2 x Cafetieres
- Food mixer
- Kitchen table seats 4
- Double toaster
- BBQ – available for use from 01st April through to 31st October, please supply your own charcoal and lighting equipment.
- Outside table and chairs, available for use from 01st April through to 31st October.
- Large, lockable Bike storage can store 10 bikes- available on request
You Should Know
- Unfortunately we do not accept pets at this property
- No fireworks due to nearby livestock
- Noise Policy - due to the quiet village location, late night noise must be confined to inside the building by 10pm. Neighbours are in close proximity - not suitable for rowdy groups due to residential area.
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- The postcode is SK17 9TX – Important check directions page for more details as postcode does not take you direct to the property.
- 1 x parking space on the drive directly in front of the house (in front of the kitchen window) further on street parking over the road.
- Nearest town is either Buxton or Bakewell (both approx. 10 minute drive away)
- Nearest pub is The Queens Arms in the village.
- Nearest village shop is in Ashford in the Water
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £200 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arranged the delivery time
slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there are no Peak Venues staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here.
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables,
dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.