Dale HouseSleeps 30
With a wealth of modern rusticity blended with beautiful original features, Dale House offers a perfect country house retreat exclusively yours for large groups of 30 guests. This exquisitely designed, spacious self catering farm house in the pretty village of Litton is an ideal location to discover the Peak District National Park from your doorstep.
Large Luxury Country Farm House in the Village of Litton with Cosy Country Pub and Fabulous Walks Close By
- Twelve beautiful bedrooms
- Twelve bathrooms/en suites in total - nine en suites & three bathrooms/shower room
- Sleeps up to 30 guests
- Dog Friendly
- Luxurious house brimming with country charm, perfect for large groups.
- This exquisitely designed large self-catering traditional stone farmhouse has enjoyed a full renovation with a feel of modern rusticity blended with
beautiful original features.
- Communal social space is in abundance, you can easily dine up to 30 guests in total comfort.
- Idyllic spacious family home with no less than two lounges with roaring log burners to keep you toasty warm.
- Within walking distance of the lovely village of Litton complete with village green and cosy country pub
- Amazing walks from the doorstep there is great access to dramatic landscape, stunning walks and deep limestone dales - hence the property name!
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Ten fabulous bedrooms are spread over three floors in the main house and just a few metres away tucked into the corner of the rear garden is Dale Barn with a further two family suites.
Designed to accommodate family groups of up 30 guests (perfect for 24 guests and up to 30 if you are a family group sharing large rooms with bunk beds.) We know that groups come in all shapes and sizes and have different requirements so there is a mix of doubles, twins and bunk beds so you can pick and choose your layout to suit.
Please click here for the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
A wonderful fully equipped shaker style country kitchen to make catering for large groups as easy as possible. There is a large integral double fridge/freezer, double oven electric range cooker, separate integral oven for extra space, two dishwashers, plenty of cookware, microwave and crockery/utensils/glassware and all the other items essential for making your stay comfortable and more importantly easy.
The formal dining room is the central hub of the ground floor and runs lengthways with 3 long refectory tables and chairs providing dining space for up to 26 - 30 guests (various layouts can be achieved for the 30 guests on 3 separate tables.)
Click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
Not just one but two gorgeous sitting rooms to enjoy!
Leading just off the main entrance hall, the formal lounge has dual aspect with views over the front and and side lawned gardens. The bay window floods the room with light, whilst the log fire provide warmth and a focal point with comfy sofas to sink into. A perfect place to relax, unwind and put your feet up.
With rich oak boarded floors throughout, you pass through the dining room into the second sitting room to the rear. A rich velvety décor and plenty of comfortable seating, this is another great social space with another log burner.
Please click here for floor plans.
Gardens and Outdoor Space
You can certainly embrace the great outdoors without even setting a foot off the premises. The gardens at Dale House provide a natural playground for all. As the house sits proudly in the middle of the grounds, you can enjoy the gardens which sweep round the property on three sides.
The front garden stretches out before the entrance with a large flagged patio which benefits from the mid morning to late afternoon sun. There are plenty of shrubs and well established trees to make an excellent place for the younger guests to play hide and seek!
To the side, a simple long flat lawned garden lends itself to garden games. To the rear, a totally private raised lawned garden with a sizeable patio to enjoy outdoor dining. We provide garden furniture and a large charcoal BBQ available for use from 01st April through to 31st October (please remember to bring your own charcoal and lighting equipment) so you can eat and drink whilst enjoying some fresh country air.
The Peak District National Park and Surrounding Area
Just a short 400m stroll from Dale House will find you at the heart of the village green of Litton. A warm welcome awaits you in the popular traditional inn, The Red Lion and there is a small local village store with a cafe and post office .
The location of Dale House offers stunning views and an immense choice of walks or cycle routes from your doorstep. You can enjoy easy access to the picturesque dales of Litton, Millers, Cressbrook, Tideswell and Raven, through woodland and the dramatic open countryside of the Peak District.
Litton is also well placed to visit the popular village of Tideswell with lovely cafes, gift shops, a few pubs, and a restaurant. Its church known as the Cathedral of the Peak is an impressive sight and well worth a visit.
The Monsal trail, is within an easy bike ride and the market town of Bakewell is only six miles away - you can even cycle there down the trail taking in some of the most scenic views from your saddle.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.
How To Find Us
The address of Dale House is:
Litton Dale, Litton, Nr Buxton, SK17 8QN
Approx GPS coordinates of the property are:53.271106, -1.762168The postcode takes you to a nearby row of cottages so please follow the directions!
Directions to Dale House by car from Bakewell (approx. 15 minutes):
Directions to Dale House by car from Baslow (approx. 15 minutes):
Directions to Dale House by car from Buxton (approx. 20 minutes):
Directions to Dale House by car from Stockport (approx. 55 minutes):
Why not take a closer look. Using state of the art technology we can let you take a walk around the wholeof this property.
If you're using a phone or a tablet, you may find the tour easier to navigate in a window of its own. Click here to launch.
If you're using a phone or a tablet, you may find the tour easier to navigate in a window of its own. Click here to launch.
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for Dale House. Verbatim.
anonymous stayed in March '19
Very helpful and no-fuss service
anonymous stayed in October '18
We loved Dale House. Cosy, capacious, beautiful and well supplied.
Bandy stayed in April '18
The place was amazing and Jo the housekeeper was absolutely lovely. We shall definitely be booking through your company again.
Banks stayed in March '18
The house was so lovely and we all had a great time. Many happy memories!
Winson stayed in March '18
We have had a fabulous time at Dale House & hope to enjoy future breaks with you again. Thank you for your professional booking system, all members of staff had been very helpful prior to our arrival. The house keeper Jo made us very welcome and the house was spotlessly clean.
Brear stayed in February '18
we had a fantastic stay and Dale House was everything we wanted for our birthday weekend. Of course the weather was amazing which made our two days of walking superb. We plan to use you again in the future. Most of the people present that weekend will be using your company I’m sure.
Crookes stayed in February '18
Thank you so much for such an amazing weekend. The house was perfect for what we wanted and absolutely gorgeous. Jo was also a delight, so friendly and helpful.
Middleton stayed in January '18
May I take this opportunity to thank all at Peak Venues for handling everything in a professional and courteous manner with my two daughters, Louise and Emma. The house was perfect in every way for my family who came from various parts of the U.K. to join me for a memorable 70th birthday weekend. Both Louise and Emma did an exceptional job in organising everything to make the birthday weekend a wonderful and special one for me. One I shall never forget.
Strefford stayed in December '17
Thank you for a wonderful time over Christmas at Dale House.
Green stayed in November '17
Thank you for a lovely stay at dale house last weekend . We arrived on Friday to a lovely warm welcome from Teresa , she was friendly , helpful and accommodating . I had 30 girlfriends joining for the weekend for a hen party . We had the best time in the most beautiful property ! Dale house is homely , cosy and stunning ! Peak venues from day one of enquiring have been nothing but helpful and I will definitely be booking / recommending them in the future !
Pierce stayed in October '17
We had an absolutely fantastic time – the house is beautiful and really well furnished and decorated – happy to recommend to anyone.
Chadwick stayed in October '17
The house was lovely and we all really enjoyed our stay & would definitely recommend this property & company
Brook stayed in September '17
Thank you we had a great time and the house was perfect.
Taylor stayed in September '17
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, Dale House was perfect and we would all recommend it to anyone else
Wardley stayed in August '17
We had a wonderful stay and will be highly recommending your company .
Baker stayed in July '17
Many thanks to all of peak venues for all your help. The experience was wholly positive and the house was great.
Twist stayed in July '17
Thank you so much, we will be definitely be using Peak Venues again, we as a group do quite a few big house get togethers and will come to you guys first. Everything was perfect
Laifer stayed in May '17
Thank you so much for a truly exceptional weekend - we have stayed in many places as a group but none have come close the quality we experienced with you. The house, coupled with the beauty of the peaks, was just amazing! Many thanks again - we hope to see you again soon!
Dunn stayed in May '17
Thank you so much, We had an absolutely fabulous time, the house was clean, beautifully decorated and perfectly equipped for a large group. Wonderful location too, I had the best birthday get together ever. I must say your company is so professional, you have kept me updated and well informed all the way through. Jo, the housekeeper was wonderful and welcomed me brilliantly. I will be leaving you great reviews and definitely using you again.
Love stayed in May '17
The House was incredible and perfect for us all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to people.
Orzel stayed in May '17
We had a great time and really enjoyable weekend!
Goodman stayed in April '17
Many thanks for your help. We had a great weekend in a lovely house.
Cross stayed in April '17
Everything about the house was fantastic, we had an amazing time. Some friends said they had plans for family get togethers coming and will definitely be booking with you at Dale House or another venue.
Rowe stayed in April '17
Thank you so much, we had such a fantastic stay at Dale house.
Patel stayed in April '17
We had a lovely stay at Dale House - it truly is a wonderful house!
McCathie stayed in March '17
Thank you so very much on behalf of all my family that stayed at Dale house. Although I didn't have the pleasure of staying myself, the feedback about the property, location and local facilities were incredible. Everyone had an amazing time and absolutely loved the house and grounds. I will absolutely be recommending your company and Dale house.
Chalmers stayed in February '17
We had a fabulous stay - thank you.
Ritman stayed in February '17
Thank you. We had a delightful stay at Dale House. It was the perfect setting for our family and friends to come together. Every room was well-appointed and we were very comfortable. It was a child friendly environment and the ground floor was very sociable but also allowed for different interests to happen in the lounges and the dining room. We were blessed with a picturesque snowfall and the fabulous garden was ideal for the kids to run around and make snowmen. We didn't manage to explore far but found Tideswell welcoming and some enjoyed a walk to Foolow.
Vernon stayed in February '17
Many thanks for a great weekend
Ashton stayed in February '17
My friends and I had a fabulous 50th celebratory week end at Dale House. What a pleasure! We all look forward to coming back again to Dale House.
Nicholason stayed in January '17
Thank you so much for a lovely stay- we absolutely loved it.
Green stayed in December '16
Thanks for facilitating a great weekend for my Mother's 70th birthday. Overall it was great! The house is magnificent. Great restoration job! Plus, the location is also great. Welcome from your host, Jo Naylor, was perfect. She is a real enthusiast for the property and taking care of the guests.
Maclennan stayed in December '16
We had an amazing time and the house exceeded our expectations
McGrail stayed in December '16
We had such a fabulous time at Dale House over Christmas. 20 of us with 4 dogs fitted in perfectly. The house is large but really cosy and the dining room leading to the kitchen is great for entertaining. The local area is great too and the Red Lion pub in the village was a great way to escape for a while. We’d recommend it to any large group it really is lovely.
Hallam stayed in November '16
We had a lovely weekend at Dale House which has been wonderfully refurbished.
McCollin stayed in November '16
We would just like to let you know that we had a great weekend at Dale House. The house was fantastic and had everything we could have wanted. Thank you.
Patel stayed in November '16
We all loved the stay . We will be back next year :)
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At Dale House
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- The Red Lion, Litton - Small traditional village pub serving great food. Please note that they do not allow children under the age of 6 in the pub.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub. It is worth booking a table for a group as it is popular with the locals.
- The Manners, Bakewell - Gastro pub with great food and a family friendly beer garden in the heart of Bakewell.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinsons small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it.
- Royal Oak, Hurdlow – Our very own award winning pub offer open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great homemade pub food’. Groups welcome - booking advised.
- The Bulls Head Inn, Foolow - Family run pub serving hearty traditional pub food.
- The Barrel Inn, Bretton- Quaint 16th century inn with the most amazing views - on a clear day it is possible to see five counties.
- The Moon Inn, Stoney Middleton - A lovely traditional pub with a great beer garden.
- The Bridge Inn, Calver - A pub which serves great Spanish tapas.
- The Merchant’s Yard, Tideswell - a stylish restaurant with a private dining area for large groups. Also a lovely setting for afternoon tea and the cocktails are a must!
- PieDaniels, Bakewell French restaurant and cafe bar in the heart of Bakewell.
- Simply Thai, Buxton, Derbyshire - Great Thai restaurant located in the centre of Buxton – booking is definitely recommended.
- Rowley’s, Baslow - A contemporary restaurant serving locally sourced modern European dishes.
- High Nelly’s Café, Tideswell - A great place for breakfast/brunch
- H & D’s Exotic Teas tearoom, Tideswell - A cafe, tea shop and restaurant all in one
- Vanilla Kitchen, Tideswell - Lovely café with nice homemade cakes, especially the scones!
- Peak District Parlour, Tideswell - Offers a variety of home cooked meals, teas and coffee
- The Cherry Tree, Tideswell - Specialising in cakes, sandwiches & home made hot pasties
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop - A family friendly café right on the Monsal Trail.
- Village Green Cafe, Eyam - in the heart of the beautiful famous 'plague' village of Eyam .
Fresh Delivered Meals & Take Aways
- Sauced Here - fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks - great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery
- Scoff - Delicious, Home-Cooked Food, Delivered to You in the Peak District
- Corner Chippy, Tideswell - Fish & Chips
- Elliott’s, Tideswell - Fish & Chips
- The Pizza Merchant - Take away pizza with free delivery within 10 minutes of Tideswell.
- Hope Valley Pizza Co - Take away pizza with free delivery
- Maazi - Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
- Curry Cottage at Lovers Leap, Stoney Middleton - Indian take-way in the nearby village of Stoney Middleton
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1.Walk along Litton Dale
A great circular 4.5 mile walk starting in Litton and incorporating some of the Peak District’s prettiest dales including Water-cum-Jolly Dale. The walk takes you by the river Wye and passes by Cressbrook and Litton Mills (now residential flats) but in the 19th century these mills were notorious for their cruelty and unsavoury employment practices.
Click here for a link to Litton Dale .
2.Spend a day exploring the historic market town of Bakewell
Bakewell is a idylic market town within the Peak District National Park and is a hub of activity. Situated on the River Wye and famous for Bakewell Pudding, you might like to pop into The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop which claims to have the old the original recipe and still makes the puddings by hand from the secret recipe.
Click here for a link to further information on Bakewell.
3.The Monsal Trail
With the impressive Monsal Trial so close you must take the opportunity to cycle/walk along this former Railway line which runs from Bakewell right up to Blackwell Mill, near Buxton. The trail offers 8.5 miles of traffic free cycling/walking. The nearest access to the trail is at Miller’s Dale and you can hire bikes at Blackwell Mill. For the more adventuress and adrenaline junkies you can even abseil from Millers Dale Bridge, arguably the most spectacular Peak District abseil site!
4.Visit Castleton and its famous caverns
Castleton is one of the most popular destinations for visitors to the Peak District, it has an array of natural and historical features both above and below ground, and is surrounded by superb walking country. High above the village stand the imposing ruins of Peveril Castle. To the west of Castleton lies Mam Tor offering amazing views and fantastic walking on the ridge. Castleton is most well-known for its four caves, each offering a different experience to the visitor, Peak Cavern, Speedwell Cavern, Treak Cliff Cavern and Blue John Mine. The caverns are a great activity for kids and when the weather does not cooperate for outdoor activities.
Click here for a link to Castleton and the Caves.
5.Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth Estate. There really is something to do for every member of the family - The Farmyard and Adventure playground, the magnificent house and the gardens which are equally as impressive as the house , with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park.
What to Expect at Dale House
A basic weekend supply of the following (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Shower Gel
- Loo rolls
- Bin bags
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film & kitchen foil
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- 3 x travel cots (if requested) please bring your own cot bed linen
- 3 x high chairs (if requested)
- 5 x Hair dryers
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel for each guest & hand towels in the bathrooms
- Iron & ironing board and indoor clothes drying rack.
- Hoover and mop
- Washing machine and separate tumble dryer
- 2 x Log burners (located in the formal lounge and second sitting room) - 1 x complimentary basket of logs per log burner supplied upon arrival. Due to health and safety we cannot supply fire lighters or matches so please bring your own. The log burner in the Dining Room is for ornamental purposes only.
- 1 x Ipod docking station in main house, a further docking station in the games room.
- 1 x Digital radio in kitchen.
- 6 x TVs located throughout the property. All of the TVs have freeview, the largest TV is located in the dining room. The TVs in the dining room, living room & lounge downstairs all have DVD players.
- All TV’S have HDMI facility, but guests do need to bring their own HDMI cable.
- Games room is located in a separate barn on site a few metres from the main house with pool table, dart board and docking station.
- Books and board games
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- Double oven with grill, 4 gas hobs and 1 warming plate. Also a further smaller oven.
- 1 x microwave
- Large double fridge/freezer, also a smaller fridge in games room
- 2 x Double toaster
- 3/4 cafetieres
- 3 x Kettles
- 2 x Dishwasher
- Kitchen scales
- Breakfast bar with 4 stools
- 3 x long refectory tables and 26 chairs in the dining room, further chairs located in the store room. Dining for up to 30 guests can be achieved with various layouts on 3 separate tables.
- Large oil drum BBQ – available for use from 01st April through to 31st October, please supply your own charcoal and lighting equipment
- Outdoor seating on the back patio, available for use from 01st April through to 31st October.
- Large lawned garden with plenty of space for children to run off steam!
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock.
- Noise Policy - due to the quiet village location, late night noise must be confined to inside the building by 10pm. Neighbours are in close proximity.
- Mobile reception - as this is a lovely rural location mobile reception can be limited dependent on your network.
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- The postcode is SK17 8QN - further details can be found on the directions page
- On the outskirts of the village of Litton which has a community village shop with post office and also a pub.
- Further shops, cafes and pubs in the nearby village of Tideswell.
- The nearest town is Bakewell (7 miles away) or Buxton (9 miles away).
- Parking for 15 cars.
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £500 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arranged the delivery time slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there are no Peak Venus staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here.
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables,
dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.