Full of charm and immense character is this beautiful period limestone converted barn. Positioned in the lovely village of Monyash you can walk to the head of the Lathkill Dale in a heart beat and enjoy the most stunning scenery in the Peak District National Park. Swallow Barn provides generous self-catering holiday accommodation perfect for groups of family and friends of 10 - 14 guests.
Luxury Fived Bedroomed Self Catering Converted Holiday Barn in the Heart of Monyash Village
- Super fully refurbished period limestone converted barn in the lovely village of Monyash.
- Swallow Barn provides generous family self-catering holiday accommodation in the heart of the Peak District, perfect for 10 guests and up to 14 if you are a family group.
- There are 5 beautiful bedrooms, 3 en suites and 1 shared bathroom, a superb 32' open plan dining kitchen, separate snug, and a super sitting room with Inglenook fireplace perfect for relaxing by the open fire.
- Walking distance to a traditional country pub with a fantastic children’s park to the rear and a village café, popular with walkers and cyclists.
- Only a short drive (10 minutes) to the historic market town of Bakewell and the spa town of Buxton.
- You can literally walk from your doorstep to Lathkill Dale National Nature Reserve which is one is of the most beautiful and well known walks in the Peak District.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Swallow Barn offers plenty of flexible family accommodation with a total of five super bedrooms, three en suites and one shared bathroom. The layout is as follows:
- Bedroom 1 – Double bed with en suite shower
- Bedroom 2 - Super king size double or twin and a bunk bed with en suite
- Bedroom 3 - Double or twin with Jack and Jill en-Suite shower/bathroom shared with bedroom 4
- Bedroom 4 - Double or twin with the en-suite Jack & Jill facilities shared with bedroom 3
A door from bedroom 4 leads to the second landing where there is a staircase leading down to the snug with a sofa bed.
A door from the second landing opens to:
- Bedroom 5 - Double or twin with en suite shower
Please click here for floor plans.
Cooking and Dining
The entrance hall provides plenty of space for coats and muddy boots. It is a great place for up to two dogs to sleep as it has a stone flagged floor which continues into the kitchen.
The open plan dining kitchen has a bespoke range of Shaker style cabinets in a hand painted soft grey finish with a large expanse of oak work surfaces which incorporate a generous breakfast bar with seating beneath. Plenty of space to cook for your group in the Range Master triple oven. There is an American style larder fridge/freezer, microwave and integrated dish washing. The kitchen is well stocked with all the equipment and mod cons you need to self cater for large groups.
In the central space is the communal dining area with a table to seat 12 guests. The room enjoys a delightful dual aspect with French doors opening directly onto a enclosed landscaped garden.
A gorgeous sitting room with an impressive Inglenook style stone fireplace over 7' feet wide with French style cast iron open fire place. Oak boarded floor throughout and French windows which open directly onto landscaped and enclosed gardens flood the room with light.
A door leads through to a snug which is perfect as a children’s play room. The snug has been set up with comfy seating (sofa can be used as a sofa bed upon request) board games, table football and an extra TV and DVD. From the snug, there is an alternative staircase that leads to bedroom five.
Garden and Outside Space
Swallow Barn enjoys a sheltered garden framed with limestone walls. The garden has been particularly well landscaped with raised borders stocked with raised shrubbed herbaceous and scented beds. You are also welcome to help yourself to an array of fresh herbs.
There is a level lawned area adjacent to which is a gravelled patio offering privacy and a wonderful external dining space with outdoor seating and a BBQ (please bring your own coal).
Swallow Barn is a perfect property for families and mixed groups who are looking for a stay in the Peak District stay with plenty of choice of country pursuits but are not looking for a party venue. Due to the residential location it is not suitable for hen and stag groups - we have plenty of other properties we can recommend!
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
There is heaps to explore in the immediate surrounding area and beyond, with stunning countryside and majestic peaks where every season can be enjoyed winter or summer.
Cycling round the country lanes is a real treat too with wonderful scenery to enjoy. Within a couple of miles (1.7 miles) you can join The Tissington and High Peak Trial and bike all the way to Ashbourne.
There are towns and pretty villages aplenty. The famous spa town of Buxton and the market town of Bakewell are both just a short 10 minute drive. Dovedale, Chatsworth House, Tissington and Haddon Hall are all within an easy drive as is Alton towers Resort which is within a 35 minute drive too.