Telephone ExchangeSleeps 24
Brilliant location for large groups that want freedom to explore the surrounding Peak District and stay in a beautifully renovated and unique property. Soak up the amazing scenery from this super, unusual yet perfectly formed nine bedroomed en suite conversion which sleeps groups of between 18 and 24 guests.
Contemporary Designed Unique Holiday Cottage Situated on The High Peak & Tissington Trail With Nine Fabulous En Suite Bedrooms
- Nine modern stylish bedrooms
- Nine private bathrooms/en suites rooms
- Sleeps up to 24 guests.
- Completely transformed from a former telephone repeater station to achieve a truly individual and contemporary country get away for large groups.
- Slap bang in the middle of the Peak District the unrivalled location is unbeatable and sits within 200m of The High Peak and Tissington Trail and a short drive to the pretty village of Hartington.
- Lock the car up for the weekend and enjoy exploring the Peak District by foot or bike, bikes can be hired just a minutes walk away from Parsley Hay Cafe and Cycle hire.
- Huge open plan living/dining space furnished with beautiful designer sofas and 3 long contemporary tables and chairs providing dining space for up to 24 guests.
- Cycle & Dog Friendly
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
All nine bedrooms have been decorated to the same high standard, so this makes for easy pickings to decide who sleeps where without worrying who has the best room!. You can enjoy en suite facilities in all the bedrooms with a mix of spacious rainfall shower enclosures and others equipped with full size baths with showers over. In order to ensure all guests have private showering /wc facilities, we have compromised on the size of some of the bedrooms which are compact yet still beautiful.
Each bedroom offer flexible options that can be made up as twins or doubles so you can pick and choose your layout to suit. Your beds are made up for your arrival and for added comfort we provide each guest with fresh towels, hand soap and shower gel.
Click here for the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
This super cool kitchen hosts a minimalist design giving it an ultimate modern feel in a mix of gloss white and slate grey finish.
The kitchen is a fabulous place if you do wish to do the cooking yourselves. The central island with a breakfast bar to one side and electric hob to the other is fantastic for those wanting to be sociable whilst they cook!.
Equipped with four electric ovens, plenty of cookware, microwave and crockery/utensils/glassware. A abundance of storage cupboards and units with plenty of work surfaces, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer and sink areas. As the property is so well equipped, you can totally self cater or use one of our many highly recommended outside catering contacts.
The kitchen over looks an open plan dining area- with 3 long contemporary tables and chairs providing dining space for up to 24 guests.
Please click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
Open Plan Living
The downstairs area is a huge open plan space with a large living space. The lounge area is styled with a fresh modern approach with bursts of colour throughout creating and impressive contemporary finish.
You will be warmly drawn towards the wall mounted log burner and fireplace which is the focal point of the room. With varied seating options to sink into, from funky futons to bean bag armchairs to a huge white leather corner sofa.
To keep you entertained, there is a table football, large 52 inch flat screen TV and DVD player.
Click here to view the floorplans.
Garden and Outdoor Space
Set back from the road that leads between Buxton and Ashbourne (A515), the property stands alone with great views to the rear over the trail and fields beyond.
The outside has been landscape with shrubs and trees which are maturing over time. To make the most of the view the flagged patio area has been positioned at the rear in a private sunny location. There are three long tables and benches offering plenty of outdoor seating and BBQ provided (please provide you own coal).
Plenty of private parking for up to 10 cars.
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
You really cannot beat the location of The Telephone Exchange - park the car up for your stay and enjoy getting out and about by foot or bike. A minutes walk just down the lane you will stumble upon Parsley Hay Cafe and Cycle hire right on The Tissington and High Peak Trail. You can walk and cycle until you hearts content - popular destinations such as Hartington, Tissington and even Ashbourne can be reached off road on this converted traffic free former railway line.
The Derbyshire famous spa town of Buxton is a short drive away as are the market towns of Ashbourne and Bakewell. Alton towers Resort is within a 25 minute drive. For a more gentile afternoon perhaps a visit to Chatsworth Estate or Tissington Hall maybe be preferred.
To complete your perfect Peak District holiday, just two miles down the trail, you can walk to our award winning Royal Oak Pub. We take great pride in offering a very traditional style of hospitality complete with cosy pub atmosphere, great service, cask-conditioned ales, a fine selection of wines, and a menu of hearty home-made English pub food.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.
How To Find Us
The registered address of the property is The Telephone Exchange, Parsley Hay, Near Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 0DG. Please note that the address is not listed as a private dwelling because of its former use as a commercial premises.
The Telephone Exchange at Parsley Hay is situated on the A515 that runs between Ashbourne and Buxton so it is really easy to find as Parsley Hay Cycle Hire is well sign posted.
The property is located on the main road 8 miles south of Buxton and 12 miles north of Ashbourne.
The address of The Telephone Exchange is:
Parsley HayBigginBuxtonSK17 0DG
Approx GPS coordinates of the property are:53.169106, -1.780140
It is really important that the first guest to arrive checks in at The Royal Oak at Hurdlow (SK17 9QJ) before going to The Telephone Exchange. THERE WILL BE NO STAFF TO MEET YOU AT THE VENUE & POSSIBLY LIMITED MOBILE RECEPTION TO CALL US. Please call 01298 83288 or 07866 778847 if you require any assistance.
Directions to The Telephone Exchange from The Royal Oak (approx. 5 mins):
Directions to The Telephone Exchange from Buxton (approx. 15 mins):
Directions to The Telephone Exchange from Bakewell (approx. 15 minutes):
Directions to The Telephone Exchange from Ashbourne (approx. 20 minutes):
Why not take a closer look. Using state of the art technology we can let you take a walk around the wholeof this property.
If you're using a phone or a tablet, you may find the tour easier to navigate in a window of its own. Click here to launch.
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for Telephone Exchange. Verbatim.
anonymous stayed in October '18
The venue was incredible, really happy with all the facilities and was amazing to have bathrooms with all the rooms.
Hevicon stayed in October '18
Thanks so much for having us stay, could not speak more highly of the property. Just perfect!
Anonymous stayed in July '18
We had an absolutely fantastic weekend at The Telephone Exchange. It is an amazing property - a great open plan living space for socialising, really well equipped. We were a group of 24 and each and every person was amazed at how great the property was. We will definitely look at Peak Venues for our next get-together!
Anonymous stayed in July '18
Could not fault anything. The whole process of booking and our stay was perfect, couldn’t have asked for better service.
Anonymous stayed in July '18
This is our third visit and love the style of the property and overall experience - it feels like luxury and everything has been thought about. Great service, as always and cannot recommend enough
Myles stayed in February '18
We very much enjoyed our stay at the Telephone Exchange and everything was great thank you. We had some lovely walks in the snow and enjoyed a couple of great meals at the Royal Oak.
Marshall stayed in December '17
We had a lovely time!! Everything we needed and hopefully will be back next year!
Penny stayed in December '17
We were all delighted with the Telephone Exchange - very well equipped and a lovely location. We would recommend you to friends.
Hempson stayed in December '17
Many thanks for an excellent stay at The Telephone Exchange. We had a lovely family weekend, despite the rather grey weather! Everything worked very well indeed.
Parsons stayed in November '17
Great location and holiday home. Hope to come again next year.
Parsons stayed in November '17
Thank you again for another excellent venue
Bryan stayed in November '17
On behalf of myself and all the guests that stayed in your property The Telephone Exchange, we thoroughly enjoyed the stay the venue was perfect for the weekend we wanted, and would definitely use peak venues in the future.
Saxton stayed in October '17
I just wanted to say on behalf of our group what an amazing stay we had at the telephone exchange. The accommodation was great and to a very high standard and very well equipped. Your service team have also been really helpful answering to any queries about our stay. We will be recommending peak venues to friends and families.
Wright stayed in October '17
We enjoyed our stay at the Telephone Exchange and will be recommending it to our friends.
Hopcroft stayed in October '17
Everything was perfect thank you, what a fantastic house and location, a great weekend.
Bradbeer stayed in September '17
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Telephone Exchange, thank you. The property was perfect for our needs, 3 generations of family, two family groups and we'd have absolutely no hesitation recommending the venue.
Sleigh stayed in August '17
We had a fantastic stay, thank you very much. The venue is exceptional, a great place for the event.
Lefevre stayed in July '17
Many thanks for your assistance throughout, we had a great time
Burgess-Shannon stayed in June '17
Thank you - we had a wonderful time at the house. It was a perfect venue for a big family get together, it was so spacious for such a big group and the kitchen/living room set up was perfect for spending time together when cooking etc.
Lamb stayed in May '17
We had a super time at the venue. The open plan layout was ideal and all was very clean and fresh. We had family there ranging in age from 1 to 88 and it suited us all. There was an amazingly good supply of crockery and glasses. The location is ideal for walking.
Drury stayed in May '17
We had a great weekend thank you, the accommodation was spot on as well.
Green stayed in April '17
Thank you we all had a great weekend and the house was brilliant.
* stayed in April '17
we had a fantastic stay in the Telephone Exchange. It was great for both kids running around during the day and for a more gentile (lively in its own way!) mass group meal for adults later on. Loved the all in one space, but still felt like it had sections for groups to hive off. Great work on the design. Comfy bedrooms, very good spec and faultless admin (as per last time I used you). You can get a huge group sitting around the sofa area with bean bag chairs pulled up and playing games with the fire on. The kitchen is so well stocked too - four ovens!!
Hickley stayed in April '17
We did really enjoy it and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a venue to other friends/ families.
Palin stayed in March '17
Thanks so much for a fantastic stay - everyone loved it.
Lewis stayed in March '17
We had a wonderful time, couldn't have been much better. Thank you very much for all of your help in making my brother's stag do what it was.
Statham stayed in February '17
We had a wonderful time at Thornbridge Manor, and it was an ideal location and venue for a hen party.
Baker stayed in February '17
Thanks you so much for an amazing venue and a great weekend! We had a fabulous time
Pennock stayed in December '16
The telephone exchange was a really wonderful venue and I will try and get around to a review for you later in this week. Sauced Here added to the experience and overall I have been extremely happy with the whole experience with Peak Venues. I will be back and will happily recommend you.
Bamford stayed in December '16
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Telephone Exchange and hope to return again in the future.Thank you for all your help.
Ordish stayed in October '16
The telephone exchange was absolutely perfect for our weekend. Thank you. The spec for the house was great and the open plan living made a fantastic night in.
Dumpleton stayed in October '16
Great venue! We had a wonderful weekend!
Clark stayed in September '16
The weekend was great and the accommodation superb-thankyou!
Sharratt stayed in September '16
The venue was perfect and had everything (and more!) that we needed and we were really impressed with the quality of everything in the house. The cows next door were lovely neighbours too! My sister had an amazing time and loved the surprise Naked Chocolatiers that were recommended, they were lovely guys and we had an amazing night! Thanks again - I will definitely use you again and will recommend you to everyone.
Badri stayed in September '16
Parsley Hay Telephone exchange. Lovely venue,beautifully presented, welcoming and relaxing. The setting is gorgeous and so many places are easily accessible. Thank you to the owners for a fab weekend
Shepherd stayed in September '16
We had an absolutely fantastic weekend at The Telephone Exchange...the venue was absolutely perfect for our party of 17, every one of whom thoroughly enjoyed themselves. With our thanks again for helping make our 25th Wedding Anniversary truly memorable...
Petch stayed in August '16
The property was superb and provided everything we needed. I really don’t think I can fault it.
Pendergast stayed in August '16
We had a lovely stay at Parsley Hay
Pendergast stayed in August '16
Great stay in a beautiful house. It's well equipped and very close to the high trail and bike hire centre.
Rotherham stayed in July '16
We have had a lovely weekend staying with you
Welland stayed in July '16
Thanks for providing a base for what was an incredibly fun weekend. A cohort decided to stay on the Sunday night and I left them drinking Bloody Marys in the sunshine and felt very jealous. The place was brilliant and from the start of the booking process you have been so prompt with your replies and helpful when I have asked questions, so thanks for that.
Patel stayed in June '16
We had a fabulous time. The Telephone Exchange was perfect for us.
Macbeth stayed in June '16
Thank you for your message and for all the assistance you have provided for our holiday. We enjoyed spending time in the property - it was very much up to the standard as was described and all of my friends enjoyed their stay.
Hunt stayed in June '16
The accommodation was great, we all commented on how spacious the communal space was. Something that the pictures don't do justice!
Stead stayed in June '16
We had a good time. Trying to think of any changes or recommendations, but I can't: the place is setup perfectly.
Winterton stayed in May '16
Thanks for the email, the house was perfect and played a big part in a great weekend.
Kinder stayed in April '16
Thanks so much for such a great house over the long weekend. We had a brilliant time and you guys were very helpful and friendly when we arrived.
Stew stayed in April '16
Just wanted to say what a fantastic house the The Telephone Exchange is. We had a fantastic weekend and the house was perfect. Also had a great lunch at the pub on Saturday all the staff were great and couldn't have been more helpful.
Gittins stayed in April '16
I would just like to say a massive thank you on behalf of myself, the bride to be and all the other hens for the wonderful stay we had at the Telephone Exchange this weekend. Everyone commented on what a fabulous venue it is, and how completely appropriate it was for our stylish bride to be! The interior decor has been finished to perfection and a lot of thought has been put into providing everything we could possibly need for our stay. We expected there to be a few snags in a newly renovated property of that size, and were pleasantly surprised to find none! The building is deceptively spacious and light inside and very comfortable - the wall mounted log burner is a particularly nice touch! The space was perfect for our party of 11 as most people had a room to themselves. My only slight concern would be how comfortable the space, in particular of the bedrooms, would be at full capacity. We will definitely be recommending the Telephone Exchange to others and I'm certain that many of us would like to return again in the future for family gatherings. Finally, I would just like to thank you all at Peak Venues for your help and excellent service over the past few weeks, which has been greatly appreciated.
Yapp stayed in March '16
“We have just returned from an Easter break at The Telephone Exchange at Parsley Hay, and I can thoroughly recommend it for groups, family gatherings, or corporate bookings. The house is finished to a very high standard, and is extremely well equipped. I make many house/cottage/group bookings, and it was great that the house is so well stocked and the layout was exceptional. The upstairs rooms off one corridor gave us the feel of staying in a luxury hotel. The facilities were great, and the house is like a Tardis and very spatially deceptive. All of the guests having their own bathroom/en-suite added to the feeling of privacy. The shared space was cosy, despite its scale, and we made very good use of the Table Football to keep the teens entertained. The house is minutes from the High Peak trail, and as a family we utilised the local cycle hire, who have a great mix of bikes. The walk to the Royal Oak was approx 40 minutes, which we enjoyed, but it proved a little too far for Nan, so the wheelchair bikes may be needed if your group have mobility issues. The pub is also owned by the same people, and they were very accommodating, fitting us in for lunch/dinner and the food and service were great too. The house is a great celebration venue, and I would highly recommend it to explore the local area and delights of the Peak District.”
Kidsley stayed in February '16
The house is a credit to you all, every little detail is thought of to make our stay comfortable, we all had a lovely family weekend.
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At Telephone Exchange
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- Royal Oak, Hurdlow –Just 2 miles down the trail, our very own award winning pub offer open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great homemade pub food’. Situated within walking distance (if you are feeling energetic) we would welcome you to drink or dine with us. Booking advised.
- The Packhorse, Crowdecote - Located at the bottom of the bank just outside Longnor, the owners Mick and Sharon provide a warm welcome. There are well kept ales which change regularly and traditional home-made pub food. It’s a lovely place to visit for the scenery – careful of the hair pin bends on the way!
- The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Manners, Bakewell - Great local Chef has returned to his roots to provide excellent food in the heart of Bakewell. Family friendly Beer Garden. BBQ in the summer months.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinson's small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Devonshire Arms, Hartington - Located in the heart of the village – good stop for lunch.
- The George at Alstonfield - The George is an unspoilt, historic, family run pub in the Peak District village of Alstonefield, above Dovedale.
- Simply Thai, Buxton - Great local Thai restaurants located in the centre of town – booking is definitely recommended.
- Taj Mahal, Buxton - Excellent curry house in Buxton.
- Pizza Express, Buxton -Well known pizza chain in a great location for town and the Opera House – kid friendly.
- St. Moritz Restaurant, Buxton - Swiss and Italian cuisine, great pasta dishes and also has a excellent pre- theatre menu.
- Indian Palace, Buxton - Great Indian restaurant in the centre of Buxton
- Lone Star, Buxton - Mexican/American cuisine, known for their large portions.
- The Woodyard, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for a family friendly Restaurant – Serves both lunch and dinner.
- Upstairs at Charlotte's Cafe, Buxton- vintage style bright cafe serving breakfast, lunch and locally sourced food. Fully licensed. Outdoor roof terrace and downstairs chocolate shop!
- No 6 The Square, Buxton - Relax and enjoy morning coffee, light meals or a traditional English afternoon tea in the elegant surroundings of No. 6 The Square.
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on certain days.
- Manifold Tea Room and Café, Longnor - Commonly known as the ‘Longnor Chippy’ and is frequented by all the locals. It serves the best fish and chips in the area which you can eat in or takeaway. Well worth a visit. Lunch and dinner served but check for opening times.
- Longnor Craft Centre and Coffee Shop - Longnor Craft Centre occupies the old Market Hall sitting proudly at the top of the cobbled square in the heart of the village. Food served all day with huge slices of home-made cake on the menu!
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop - A new family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly refurbished station building.
Fresh Delivered Meals and Take-Aways
- Sauced Here- fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks -great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery
- Scoff - Delicious, home-cooked food, delivered to you in the Peak District
- Manifold Tea Room and Café, Longnor - Commonly known as the ‘Longnor Chippy’ it serves the best fish and chips in the area which you can eat in or takeaway.
- Simply Thai
- Pizza Express
- Taj Mahal
- Khomkhai Thai Cuisine
- Indian Palace
- The Great Panda Restaurant (Chinese)
- Maazi- Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1. The Tissington and High Peak Trails
With the Tissington and High Peak Trails on your doorstep you can walk for miles along these old railway lines. Both trails meet at Parsley Hay, the Tissington Trail runs along a 13 mile route from Ashbourne to Parsley Hay, while the High Peak Trail is 17.5 miles long route from the High Peak junction near Cromford to Dowlow. Surrounded by beautiful countryside the traffic-free trail is ideal for horse riders, cyclists and walkers of all abilities. It is also suitable for wheel chairs and pushchairs along the flat sections and the trail is mainly mud free which is quite rare in the Peak District. Access to the trail is just across the road from the property at the Parsley Hay information centre and cycle hire.
Click here for more information on Parsley Hay cycle hire.
2. The Spa town of Buxton
The spa town of Buxton can really offer something for everyone; enjoy a stroll around the pretty Pavilion gardens. The kids can enjoy the playground areas or you might chose to go for a swim at the recent refurbished swimming pool. The more adventurous may want to try out ‘Go Ape’ the treetop adventure course, for those without a head for heights a visit to Poole’s Cavern is fascinating, and it’s a great activity especially for kids when the weather does not cooperate for outdoor activities. For theatre lovers, seeing a show in the intimate Buxton Opera House is a must, and for the shopaholics the pretty Cavendish Arcade has a range of lovely little boutique shops. Lovers of real ale will enjoy visiting Buxton Tap House, which is Buxton’s own brewery pub serving its very own ales and bitters.
Click here for further information on Buxton
3. The Royal Oak Pub
As our award winning pub is only 2 miles away (40 minute stroll down the trail or a 5 minute car journey), it would be rude not to pop in and sample the extensive menu and try the various local beers on offer. Reservations are recommended, please call 01298 83288.
For further information please visit the Royal Oak website.
4. Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth Estate. There really is something to do for every member of the family - The Farmyard and Adventure playground, the magnificent house and the gardens which are equally as impressive as the house , with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park.
5. Alton Towers
Arguably one of Britain’s best theme parks, Alton Towers is only a 30 minutes’ drive away. The infamous Alton Towers resort offers a great family day out, as well as the renown rides which provide enough excitement even for the most ardent fun seeker, the Cbeebies land is a great addition to cater for the youngest family members. The waterpark is also not to be missed, with rides for the adrenaline junkies as well as relaxing areas for those who just want to chill out in the Lagoona Bay, and for those looking for a more relaxing day, the Spa is a great place to unwind and chill. The Spa also offers a great selection of treatments if you are feeling indulgent.
Click here for further information on Alton Towers resort.
What To Expect At The Telephone Exchange
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Shower Gel
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Bin bags
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film & kitchen foil
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- 2 x travel cot (if requested)
- 2 x high chairs (if requested)
- Hair dryer (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel for each guest & hand towels in the bathrooms
- Iron & ironing board indoor clothes airer
- Hoover and mop.
- Washing machine and separate tumble dryer
- Wall mounted log burner - 1 x complimentary basket of logs supplied upon arrival (due to health and safety we cannot supply fire lighters or matches so please bring your own).
- The music system is a blue tooth speaker compatible with any phone or device with blue tooth. If your device does not have blue tooth you could bring a jack cable.
- There are 3 TV’s with DVD players located throughout the property. The largest TV is in the living room and is free view with a DVD player. The other TV’s are located in bedroom 3 and 6.
- All TV’S have HDMI facility, but guests do need to bring their own HDMI
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- 1 x microwave
- Kitchen scales
- 4 individual ovens
- 5 ring electric hob
- Large American fridge/freezer
- 2 x Double toaster
- 2/3 x cafetieres
- 2 x kettle
- Electric hand blender
- Food processor
- 2 x dishwasher
- 3 large oblong dining tables with 24 chairs, with flexible dining options.
- Large oil drum BBQ – please bring your own charcoal
- There are 3 large outdoor tables and seating (mixture of benches and chairs) for guests to enjoy.
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For you information, a maximum of two dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock
- Mobile reception - as this is a lovely rural location mobile reception can be very limited but if you walk 100m up the hill or onto the nearby trail you will be in signal with most networks.
- Please note that there are three deep steps up to access the main door of The Telephone Exchange which can be clearly seen in the photos
- Noise Policy - due to quiet rural location, late night noise must be confined to inside the building by 10pm. Neighbours are in close proximity.
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- The postcode is SK17 0DG.The Telephone Exchange at Parsley Hay is situated on the A515 that runs between Ashbourne and Buxton so it is really easy to find. The property is located 8 miles south of Buxton and 12 miles north of Ashbourne - please check our directions page for more information
- Ample parking for 10 cars
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £500 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arrange the delivery time slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there are no Peak Venus staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shopsand butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables, dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.