Lapwing BarnsSleeps 30
Lapwing Barns occupies a beautiful rural position boasting breath-taking uninterrupted panoramic views across the Peak District. A great base for visiting nearby Alton Towers, Lapwing Barns offers total seclusion in this truly spacious yet homely farmhouse perfect for large groups of up to 30.
What to Expect at Lapwing Barns
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Shower Gel
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Bin bags
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film & kitchen foil
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- 3 x travel cot (if requested please supply your own cot linen)
- 3 x high chairs (if requested)
- Hair dryer (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel for each guest & hand towels in the bathrooms
- Iron & ironing board indoor clothes airer
- Hoover and mop
- Washing machine and separate tumble dryer
- Three lounge areas with TV with free view and dvd player in each
- Log burner in the snug at the end of the open plan dining kitchen– 1 x complimentary basket of logs supplied upon arrival (due to health and safety we cannot supply fire lighters or matches so please bring your own).
- 2 x Ipod docking station & Bluetooth speakers
- The annexe is located in a separate building a few metres from the main house. There is a basic kitchen with a fridge, toaster, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities. No formal dining space. Living area with a couple of sofas and TV with free sat and DVD playerAll TV’S have HDMI facility, but guests do need to bring their own HDMI
- Games room is located in a separate barn on site a few metres from the main house with Pool table, dart board, TV with free sat and docking station.
- Extra tall fridge in entrance hall to games room
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- 2 x microwaves
- Kitchen Scales
- Second smaller double oven in the utility area behind the kitchen, with grill and 5 induction hobs
- Belling electric double oven, grill with 6 induction hobs and warming zone
- Large American fridge/freezer and a further smaller under the counter fridge
- 2 x Double toaster
- 2/3 cafetieres
- 2 x Kettle
- Hand blender
- 2 x Dishwasher
- 2 x large oblong dining table with 23 chairs are in situ. An extra trestle table can be requested by the guests to increase dining capacity- please bring you own table cloths. Two benches can be moved from the kitchen for extra seating.
- Extra farm house dining table and chairs in the kitchen
- Large oil drum BBQ – please bring your own coal
- 4 x Garden picnic benches
- Lawned garden with amazing views and plenty of space for children to run off steam!
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- Mobile reception - as this is a lovely rural location mobile reception can be limited dependent on your network
- Access is via a single track farm lane
- The postcode is SK17 0QS– Important check directions page as the post code does not take you direct to the property
- The nearest town is Buxton
- The nearest village of Longnor is 2 miles away with a village shop, pub and tea room and fish and chip shop
- Parking for 10 cars (behind each other) on the drive
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £500 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arrange the delivery time
slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there is are no Peak Venus staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables,
dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.
Click here to book a delivery slot.