Holly Bank House
Perched high on the hilltops offering sensational views of the Peak District, Holly Bank House is a perfect spacious self catering house for gatherings of friends and family. Only a short drive to a couple of Derbyshire's most visited stately homes of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. The popular market town of Bakewell and the delightful Spa town of Matlock Bath are also within easy driving distance making Holly Bank House a fantastic venue for family groups of between 10 and 14 guests wanting a base to explore!
Spacious Family Friendly House, Close to Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, Bakewell and Matlock
- Stunning uninterrupted country views are in abundance from this beautifully presented five bedroomed house.
- Ideal for families and mixed groups wanting a base to explore the many attractions of the Peak District.
- Extremely well situated, you are nearby to not just one but two of Derbyshire's most prestigious stately homes of Chatsworth and Haddon Hall.
- Perfect mix of modern facilities coupled with a traditional cosy lounge, a welcoming conservatory and huge bedrooms.
- Just step out of the door and you can walk to the edge of the Chatsworth Estate in just three and half miles.
- A short drive away is the marvellous market town of Bakewell and the delightful Spa town of Matlock Bath.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Fabulous for families and mixed groups of up to 10 adult guests and up to 14 with children. There are 5 individually designed bedrooms which can be doubles or twins providing flexible sleeping arrangements.
- Bed 1 - ground floor level (up a few steps off the entrance hall) -large twin or double room with full size bunk beds and use of downstairs shower room or upstairs family bathroom (space for a travel cot)
- Bed 2 - compact twin or double with use of upstairs shower room or family bathroom (no space for a travel cot)
- Bed 3 - twin or double with use of upstairs shower room or family bathroom (space for travel cot)
- Bed 4 - master bedroom - off landing down a few steps - large twin/double room with ensuite shower room (space for travel cot)
- Bed 5 - twin or double room with far reaching views with use of either two family bathrooms (limited space for travel cot)
- Lounge - one sofa bed in lounge for additional children
There is one large luxurious family bathroom, master bedroom en suite and two further shower rooms.
Please click here for full floor plans.
Cooking and Dining
The kitchen/dining and conservatory areas are open plan creating a very spacious environment for communal socialising. A fully fitted modern kitchen has been installed making cooking and catering for a large group a easy task.
There is a large double fridge/freezer, two double ovens with hobs, a dishwasher, microwave and plenty of cookware, crockery, utensils, glassware and all the other items essential for making your stay comfortable.
The dining area is the central hub of the ground floor and the table and chairs provide comfortable dining space for up to 14 guests.
From the large entrance hall furnished with warm oak flooring and exposed stonework there are a couple of steps which lead up to the gorgeous lounge. The focal point of the room is the wonderful fireplace which houses a double sided log burner that can be enjoyed from both the lounge and the entrance hall.
With plenty of comfortable seating there is also a large wide screen TV and DVD player.
In addition to the lounge is a wonderful light and airy conservatory which is situated off the open plan kitchen/dining room. Super views from here can be enjoyed come rain or shine.
Garden and Outdoor Space
Leading off the kitchen, there is a paved patio area which provides privacy and a wonderful external dining space for a BBQ ( built in coal BBQ provided but please bring your own coal). Outdoor seating in the form of picnic benches is provided.
The view from the outside of the property can be enjoyed from various seating areas. Although there is not a formal garden as such, you can enjoy an enclosed plot safe for dogs and children (if the gates are closed). The garden area has been landscaped with well stocked raised rockery borders.
There is private parking for strictly a maximum of five cars and there is no additional parking on Lumb Lane. Due to the residential location it is not suitable for hen and stag groups - we have plenty of other properties we can recommend!
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Just a short walk up the lane from Holly Bank there is a pleasant 3.5 mile walk on bridle and foot paths to the edge of Chatsworth Estate, if you walk a further 1.5 miles you can even walk to House. This walks meanders through woodland down to the village of Beeley, where you could stop for a drink and bite to eat at the lovely Devonshire Arms and then alongside the River Derwent all the way to Chatworth House. The Chatsworth Estate is well worth a visit, offering something different for everyone, whether it’s visiting the impressive 105 acre garden, the farmyard and adventure playground or just taking a stroll within its 1000 acre parkland.
You are also literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Chatsworth House (5 mins), Haddon Hall (5 minutes), spa town of Matlock and Matlock Bath (12 minutes) to name just a few.