Hurdlow GrangeSleeps 43
Luxury self catering holiday cottages in the heart of the Peak District. Beautiful rural location, ideal for small parties or larger groups wanting exclusive use. Five separate properties clustered around a central courtyard can be let individually or making up one large rental.
What to Expect At Hurdlow Grange
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Shower Gel
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Bin bags
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film & kitchen foil
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
Each property has the following
- 2 x travel cot (if requested - please supply your own cot linen)
- 2 x high chairs (if requested)
- Hair dryer (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel for each guest & hand towels in the bathrooms
- Iron & ironing board
- Washing machine/tumble dryer in Applegarth, Amberleigh House and the Grange only
- A TV with free view and dvd player
- 1 x Ipod docking station
- All TV’S have HDMI facility, but guests do need to bring their own HDMI
- If you have booked exclusive use of Hurdlow Grange or a combination of the properties, you have a couple of choices of open plan social/dining space. To help you plan, the standard layout and seating of tables for each property at Hurdlow Grange is as follows:
- The Grange- 2 tables together with seating for 14 guests (All chairs).
- Bat’s Belfry- 2 x tables, seating for 14 guests (Mixture of chairs & benches).
- Cruck’d Barn - This property has a fabulous beamed open plan room (dining/kitchen/lounge) and offers a totally flexible communal space to informally socialise altogether. As standard, there are 3 x tables in situ which seat up to 16 guests. Should you wish to enjoy a more formal celebration meal during your stay, we can offer additional table leaves (if pre-booked in advance) to dine between 16 and 36 guests. This is a brilliant solution to increase dining capacity but we suggest that for the rest of the duration of your stay, you may wish to revert the layout back to the smaller configuration to increase informal social space.
- Applegarth- 1 x table, seating for 6 guests (Mixture of chairs & benches).
- Amberleigh House- 1 x table, seating for 8 guests (Mixture of chairs & benches).
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- Electric oven and hob (The Grange has a double oven)
- Each property has a farm house tables and a mix of chairs/benches for the guest capacity
- Drum style BBQ outside each property – please bring your own coal
- Garden picnic benches outside each property
- Communal grassed areas
- Located a short walk from the start of the Tissington & High Peak trails so don’t forget your bikes (no lockable bike storage)
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at these properties however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, a maximum of two dogs are allowed per property if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control. Mobile reception - mobile reception can be limited dependent on your network
- The nature of buildings mean that some bedrooms have sloping roofs
- The postcode is SK17 9QN
- The nearest town is Buxton 10 – 15 min drive
- The nearest village of Longnor is 3 miles away with a village shop, pub and tea room and fish and chip shop
- Bakewell is a 10 -15 min drive
- The nearest pub is The Royal Oak a 0.8 mile walk down the country lane – If you are planning to walk back at night bring a torch.
- Plenty of parking
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £400 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arrange the delivery time slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there is are no Peak Venus staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables,
dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.
Click here to book a delivery slot.