Overlooking scenic countryside this perfectly presented five bedroomed home enjoys a stunning unrivalled location. Positioned just a short walk into the well known market town of Bakewell and a stones throw to the Monsal Trail, you can park up for the weekend and bike through tunnels, down dales and over viaducts! Fabulous for families and groups for up to 10 guests wanting a stay in the heart of the Peak District.
Fabulous Family House Walking Distance to Bakewell & The Monsal Trail
- Charming 5 bedroom cottage perfect for families or mixed groups of up to 10 guests, only a short walk away from the centre of the pretty market town of Bakewell.
- Spacious holiday home offers five stylish bedrooms with one of the bedrooms having an en-suite, one with a private shower facility and a large family bathroom located perfectly on the first floor for the further three bedrooms.
- Luxurious property with amazing open views towards Bakewell Golf Club and the Peak District beyond.
- Only a stone’s throw away from the start of the Monsal Trail - walk or cycle for miles on the former railway line and enjoy the stunning scenery along the way.
- Ideally located to visit the beautiful stately homes of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, both are only a 10 minute drive away.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Fabulous for families and mixed groups with five bedrooms all of which offer flexible options that can be made up as twins or doubles. With coordinating linens, wallpapers and fabrics, all bedrooms are freshly decorated and have a light and airy feel.
- Bed 1 - twin or double room with en suite shower room
- Bed 2 - twin or double with use of family bathroom
- Bed 3 - twin or double with use of family bathroom
- Bed 4 - twin or double with use of family bathroom
- Bed 5 - tucked away located off the dining room on the ground floor, this bedroom has a cleverly designed compact shower cubicle with use of the wc in the entrance hall.
Your beds are made up for your arrival and for added comfort we provide each guest with fresh towels, hand soap and shower gel.
Please click here for floor plans.
Cooking and Dining
A super-sized kitchen in a French green finish with polished work surfaces and tiled floors is definitely a pleasant place to be. It is well stocked with all the equipment and mod cons you need to self cater for your guests. There is an extra dining table and chairs ideal for leisurely breakfasts or kids teas and a formal dining room which is set up for 10 guests.
You could pop down to Bakewell and purchase an abundance of local produce (there is a regular Farmers Market in the town on the last Saturday of each month and a regular market every Monday throughout the year) and take full advantage of the stunning kitchen preparing delicious holiday meals.
There is also a utility room and boot room leading off the kitchen.
After spending a day exploring the Peaks, you are welcomed by the large comfy sofas and the warming log burner in this classic English country themed lounge.
With plenty of room for the whole family to spread out, you can relax, play board games or put your feet up and admire the view.
The lounge is equipped with a TV with free view. Glass doors open out onto the patio terrace at the rear of the house.
Gardens and Outdoor Space
Lambton Cottage is surrounded by substantial mature gardens with open fields beyond. A large patio terrace provides a wonderful space for outside dining.
One of the best features of Lambton Cottage is the close proximity (200 metres approximately) to The Monsal Trail which is a popular converted railway line to a cycle path with stunning scenery along the way. You will be amazed with the dramatic views as you ride over towering viaducts, through tunnels and dales. You can make full use of the trail with the provision of secure bike storage in a lockable garage with plenty of space for up to 10 bikes. To the side of the property is a driveway with private parking for strictly three cars on the drive and one in the garage.
Due to its residential location Lambton Cottage it is not suitable for hen and stag groups - we have plenty of other properties we can recommend!
The Peak District District and Surrounding Area
Just a short walk down the hill you arrive at the bridge over the River Wye in the beautiful old market town of Bakewell. Famous for its Bakewell Pudding (with the Original Pudding Shop open every day for you to buy this famous treat), you can enjoy independent shops, an abundance of lovely cafes, restaurants and pubs. There is a fabulous park with a playground and paddling for the children, the town centre also has its own swimming pool.
You are literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Chatsworth House (10 minutes), Haddon Hall (10 minutes), historic spa town of Buxton (20 minutes) to name just a few.
From the property you can jump onto The Monsal Trail which can take you all the way off road by foot or bicycle nearly to Buxton, with lovely cafes and pubs to stop off on the way.
Alternatively, pop on your boots and head off on foot in whatever direction takes your fancy with access to the most incredible walks and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer. We recommend taking off from the doorstep up though the woods, over the tops to admire the stunning view of Chatsworth House and Estate, and treat yourself to a welcoming brew at the end of the walk in the courtyard at Chatsworth Stables tea room.