Fairfield HouseSleeps 10
A charming and stylish house is a perfect haven for smaller groups of 8/10 guests wanting a break in the heart of the beautiful Peak District. Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell and a short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water which is served by well-respected country pubs.
Five Bedroomed Stylish House Near Bakewell and Chatsworth
- Beautifully presented 5 bedroom detached home
- One modern shower room and master bedroom en suite
- Sleeps 8-10 guests - for families and mixed groups.
- Charming and stylish house prominently occupying an elevated position, a perfect haven for smaller groups of 8/10 guests wanting a break in the heart of the beautiful Peak District.
- Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell and a short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water.
- Large lawned garden and a fabulous deck area for outdoor dining with amazing views over the open countryside.
- Explore the glorious Peak District on bike or foot on the fabulous nearby Monsal Trail - a converted railway track with tunnels, stunning scenery and viaducts perfect for traffic free (and mud free!) cycling and walking.
- Ideally located to visit two of Derbyshire's most prestigious stately homes, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The accommodation provides 5 newly decorated bedrooms with all the rooms (apart from the bunk bed room) having the choice king size or twin beds.
- Bedroom 1 - King size double or twin with use of upstairs shared shower room and downstairs WC
- Bedroom 2 - King size double or twin (compact as a twin) with use of shared shower room
- Bedroom 3 - King size double or twin with en suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 - King size double or twin with use of shared shower room
- Bedroom 5 – Full size bunk beds (suitable for adults) with use of shared shower room
Please click here for the bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
Fitted with stylish kitchen in French grey finish and a splash of colour to the walls! The kitchen is fully stocked with all the equipment you need to enjoy a self catered group holiday with the added comfort of all the modern appliances you would expect.
The room is flooded by light from the ceiling sky light and the patio doors which have a pleasant outlook of the garden and beyond.
The dining table has plenty of space for up to 10 guests to dine together. To complete the room there is a good size lounge area with sofas gathered round a log burning stove (please supply you own logs) and a wall mounted TV.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect at the property.
Off the main hallway, is the bay windowed lounge which is decorated in soft greys and warm yellows with sofas and comfortable seating to relax in. Another log burning fire can be lit in here. Perfect for families, as an alternative quiet space away from the main open plan area.
To make life easy you have use of a utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Great storage for all your muddy boot and coats. Downstairs WC
Click here for the floorplans of the property
Garden and Outdoor Space
The generous size lawned garden has a fabulous open vista of glorious countryside. You can enjoy making the most of this view from the decked patio area with ample outdoor seating and enjoy the peaceful location and rural views.
BBQ available for use from 01st April through to 31st October, please supply your own charcoal and lighting equipment.
If you have bought your bikes to make use of the nearby Monsal Trail, you can store them in a large lockable shed. To the front of the property there is a drive providing off road parking for four cars.
Due to it's residential location Fairfield House is not suitable for hen and stag groups - we have plenty of other properties we can recommend!
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Perfectly located within a mile (easy walking distance) of the famous market town of Bakewell and a short walk through fields by the meandering River Wye to the picture postcard village of Ashford in the Water.
You are literally a short drive away from the most amazing of Peak District treats for you to enjoy - Chatsworth House (10 minutes), Haddon Hall (10 minutes) and the historic spa town of Buxton (20 minutes) to name just a few.
From Bakewell you can jump onto The Monsal Trail which can take you all the way off road by foot or bicycle to Buxton with lovely cafes to stop off on the way. Alternatively, head off on foot in whatever direction takes your fancy with access to the most incredible walks and dramatic landscape the Peak District has to offer right from your door step.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.
How To Find Us
The address of Fairfield House is:
Ashford Road,Derbyshire,DE45 1GL
Approx GPS coordinates of the property are: 53.218700, -1.690155
Directions to Fairfield House by car from Bakewell (approx. 2 mins):
- Follow signs to the A6 (Buxton Road)- continue along this for 0.6 miles
- You will go past Deepdale Business park on your left
- Very shortly after there will be a road called Lakeside on your right
- Fairfield House is approx. 100m on the left after Lakeside and just before Vernon Green (on the right handside)
- There will be a sign by the door ‘Fairfield House’
- You have arrived at Fairfield House!
Directions to Fairfield House by car from Buxton (approx. 20 minutes):
- Follow signs to the A6- continue along this for 10.8 miles
- There will be a road called ‘Vernon Green’ on your left, Fairfield House is approx. 100m after this on the right handside
- If you get to a road called ‘Lakeside’ on your left or ‘Deepdale Business Park’ on your right you have gone too far.
- There will be a sign by the door ‘Fairfield House’
- You have arrived at Fairfield House!
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for Fairfield House. Verbatim.
Simons stayed in March '20
“Great house for 10 ladies staying to catch up. The property is next to an Aldi - which was ideal for our evening in, then a long walk the next day followed by a fab meal at The Manners which was about 2 miles away. No problem getting a taxi. Perfect.
Selley stayed in March '20
“A lovely venue ideally suited for exploring Bakewell, the Peaks and surrounding area. Clean, comfortable rooms and a homely kitchen/diner for socialising.”
Scott stayed in November '19
Thank you so much - we loved the house and will certainly book with you / recommend you to our friends and family. Thanks for making it such a smooth process.
Barrow stayed in October '19
Thank you for your excellent service throughout the booking process – I found you really helpful, especially with my odd timings. My family and I were all delighted with the property, as well. After recently hearing horror stories from friends, of double booked properties or difficulty getting keys, your service was a ray of light!
Lewis stayed in July '19
Thanks, Fairfield House was great and suited our needs. Everything went smoothly.
anonymous stayed in June '19
We had a fabulous weekend at Fairfield House, perfect for our party of 10. Helen communicated with us both before and after our stay and was friendly and helpful.
anonymous stayed in May '19
Fantastic service when booking and lovely accommodation.
Pollard stayed in May '19
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Fairfield House which matched our expectations and was very comfortable. The location too was good - especially as Aldi is now just down the road ! It was also extremely useful having shed space for the mountain bikes etc. which the men brought with them.
anonymous stayed in March '19
Super helpful team. Very friendly and great communication. Lovely property. We had a wonderful time.
Bentley stayed in February '18
We had a lovely weekend at Fairfield House with the family congregating from various places for a birthday celebration and did not encounter any problems. Everything was as described and the house was very well equipped and beautifully furnished. The kitchen and dining area was a great space for the family to relax and spend time together and include our golden retriever Bailey. We had a very enjoyable walk along Longstone Ridge on the Saturday ending at the traditional Packhorse Inn in Little Longstone for a cosy drink by a traditional wood fire (muddy boots and dog all welcome). The house was so warm we didn't get to use the log burner so we will look forward to this for another visit and would have no hesitation recommending this house and Peak Venues for the great service given. Thank you to all and please pass on our appreciation and thanks to the owner Helen who also kindly allowed us to arrive earlier than the normal check-in time.
Brown stayed in December '17
Thank you very much. We really enjoyed our stay, everything was perfect.
Hare stayed in December '17
We had a wonderful stay thank you.
Wootton stayed in December '17
Fairfield house was fantastic, lovely property and everyone really enjoyed the weekend.
Foley stayed in November '17
Thank you so much for a fantastically enjoyable stay at Fairfield House last weekend. My family and I were overwhelmed at the high standards and the beautifully decorated house. We stayed there over the weekend to celebrate my wedding and I could not have hoped for a more perfect accommodation for everyone.
Kolka stayed in August '17
We had a fantastic stay at Fairfield House, and thought the property and its facilities were absolutely first class.
Partridge stayed in August '17
We had a super time at Fairfield House. We all thought that Bakewell was a delightful town and would not hesitate to visit again.
Edwards stayed in July '17
I just wanted to say that we all thoroughly enjoyed staying at Fairfield House this past week. It's a beautiful property - great space for a big group so that we could comfortably be together without feeling on top of each other. And the kitchen was so well equipped - we were all very impressed. We had a fun week, despite the weather! Thanks to your games, Cludo, Solitaire, Guess Who etc etc, there was always something for us all to play and have a giggle! Thanks again and kind regards
Hennessy stayed in July '17
We had a great time in Fairfield house
Twombley stayed in July '17
We have just had a wonderful stay at Fairfield and were spoilt with a weekend of gorgeous weather.
Beck stayed in June '17
Hello, we had a lovely stay thanks, great accommodation!
Knowles stayed in May '17
Thank you for the email. We had a lovely weekend, a lovely house and great location😊
Renshaw stayed in May '17
It was a lovely surprise to come here to celebrate my birthday with my family. The house and the surrounding countryside were perfect. Even the weather was on our side. Thank you.
Galvani stayed in April '17
We had a great weekend staying at Fairfield house it had everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. Scoff and Park Pantry also came up trumps. Thank you 😊
Suckling stayed in April '17
We were rewarded with good weather for the weekend which always helps! The accommodation was excellent and well stocked with high quality equipment of all sorts. One minor miss was a long handled broom for sweeping the floor. If there was one we did not locate it. The location suited very well our party of 8 adults and 3 children (aged 3 and under). The owner Mrs Dawson was very helpful when we arrived.
Gray stayed in April '17
Thanks again for the rental Everything was amazing we had a great time.
Porter stayed in April '17
We had a lovely stay, thank you, and I have already recommended the venue to several friends.
Charlton stayed in March '17
We had a lovely time - thank you. The house was amazing - perfect for our stay! Will definitely book again, if not Fairfield house one of your larger properties!!
Williams stayed in February '17
We had a wonderful stay at Fairfield, which was one of the best houses we’ve stayed in in Bakewell over the last twenty years. So close to my brother too, just across the road in Lakeside!
Russell stayed in November '16
We had a great time,house was warmer than home ,didn't want to leave will definitely use again.
Rogers stayed in October '16
The house was really lovely - and suited our needs perfectly. We may well be back!
Howky stayed in September '16
Our recent stay was excellent! The house was just right for our needs. It was clean and well equipped! The beds were comfortable and the garden good for the grandchildren to play in. It was about a 15 min walk into Bakewell which was lovely I would recommend this house for family get together's.
Foulkes stayed in August '16
We really enjoyed our stay at Fairfield house and would definitely recommend it to all family and friends. It was in the perfect location and we really enjoyed being out in the spacious garden when it wasn't wet and windy.
Yates stayed in July '16
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Fairfield House. We found the house to be well equipped and very comfortable for our family group.
Jones stayed in July '16
I wanted to send you a short email to let you know how much we loved Fairfield House and enjoyed our stay this weekend. Arriving on Friday and sipping champagne in the evening sun on the decking, to saying a sad goodbye in the rain this morning, we loved every single minute. The house was much bigger than expected and with 8 adults and 3 young children we all had more than enough space thanks to the great layout. The furnishings were gorgeous, beds were extremely comfortable and the kitchen had absolutely everything we needed. I think the only item we couldn't find was a cheese grater! We have all said that we would love to return again soon and I am planting the seeds to maybe return around Christmas time, availability dependent. Either way we would highly recommend and will definitely return!
Jones stayed in July '16
I look forward to using Peak Venues again too. Your efficient service throughout the booking process has been fantastic - thank you!
Barr stayed in June '16
Thank you for a wonderful stay at Fairfield. The house is absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed lots of walking. Hope to stay here again
Buchanan stayed in June '16
We very much enjoyed the house - very nicely decorated and well stocked.
Goodacre stayed in May '16
We had a wonderful stay at Fairfield House. The accommodation was beautifully finished and we had everything we needed and more!! We will definitely be looking to go back at some point in the future.
Hollins stayed in April '16
From 9 to 90, we all had a truly great time and really appreciated both the quality of the house and the thought that has gone into providing the fabulous amenities that came with it. I’ve passed on our collective thanks to Helen. I’m pretty sure that given the enthusiasm of the family for the Derbyshire Dales and quality of the service and accommodation you have provided we will be back for more fairly soon!
Fitzakerly stayed in March '16
We had a great week at Fairfield House the property was comfortable / stylish / well equipped and very warm and cosy.
Everitt stayed in March '16
We had a fabulous weekend at Fairfield – a very well appointed property…..clean, tidy and a wonderful kitchen area with plenty of utensils. All in all a great success for our extended family get together….a great credit to Helen Dawson the owner. Many thanks for your kind attention - we will certainly recommend and use Peak-Venues again when the occasion arises….
Braham stayed in March '16
We had a wonderful time at Fairfield house and I will leave a review in trip advisor. The house was perfect, was everything we wanted and more for a family weekend away.
Malone stayed in February '16
"We've had a lovely stay here. The house is beautiful and very comfortable. We will definitely be back again!"
Bier stayed in January '16
We had a great time staying at Fairfield House, it definitely met our expectations and was perfect for our family gathering.
Brereton-Patel stayed in December '15
We had a great time, the property is gorgeous.
Parker stayed in November '15
We had a fantastic time at Fairfield House, it is a great property that met our needs perfectly. Thank you so much to the team and especially Helen for all the help to make it an enjoyable stay
Hewitt stayed in October '15
We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay; it's a wonderful house - so well planned out and beautifully decorated. We really made the most of the open dining space, which really worked well for our party of ten.
Walton stayed in October '15
Amazing house, facilities and location. The house is very clean, has every utensil required and the garden is fab! We had a wonderful time
Doran stayed in October '15
Thank you we had an amazing time and would highly recommend!
Binner stayed in September '15
We had a lovely stay at Fairfield house and will definitely recommend the house and your company to friends and family.
Tikasinghs stayed in August '15
"Beautiful house, lots of space, very comfortable, great location. Garden is perfect for kids! Loved the decor."
Bowry stayed in August '15
"Wonderful house - we had a lovely time. Really well equipped and decor is perfect! Would highly recommend. Thanks for an enjoyable stay - we will be back!"
Clark stayed in May '15
"Warm welcome, great communication. Beautiful, clean property, very well equipped kitchen. Well maintained garden, made it a pleasure to use. Also thank you for tea and coffee provide, very much appreciated, especially on our first day!"
Wycherley stayed in May '15
Fairfield house was excellent! We had everything we needed there.
Horrobin stayed in April '15
Fairfield House is absolutely beautiful and we had an amazing weekend
Hobson stayed in April '15
"Big thanks, you have a fab house. We had a lovely weekend in it" "Beautiful and fabulous!" "A big plus is how well equipped the house is. Everything in the house is beautiful and very well looked after" "Thank you so much for a wonderful stay."
Qu stayed in April '15
Fairfield House is amazing！all my friends like the skylight and garden：）
Smith stayed in April '15
"Fantastic house and garden. It was a great break and all of the personal touches made it extra special. Kids loved the Netflix!"
Mulligan stayed in April '15
We had a fantastic time at Fairfield house highly recommended and we will be back soon
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At Fairfield House
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- The Manners, Bakewell - Gastro pub with great food and a family friendly beer garden in the heart of Bakewell
- The Royal Oak, Hurdlow - Our award winning pub offers open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great homemade pub food’ as it should be. We can happily cater for groups. Please call to make a reservation or just pop in.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinsons small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it. Within walking distance of Fairfield House. Lovely cosy fire in the winter months.
- The Ashford Arms, Ashford in the Water - Again within walking distance from the property a great traditional village pub serving food.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’ It is worth booking a table for a group as it is popular with the locals.
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Monsal Head Hotel and Stable Bar, Monsal Head - This place has a great viewing area and is a fabulous place to rest and enjoy a pint in the old Stable Barn when walking along the Monsal Trail.
- The Red Lion at Litton - Nestled on the green in the picturesque village of Litton, The Red Lion is one of a very few unspoilt traditional Peak District pubs. This historic inn combines character & quality in a way that is rare in modern pubs.
- Devonshire Arms, Beeley - Set on the Chatsworth Estate, The Devonshire Arms is one of those picturesque country inns at the heart of village life. It offers the charm and character of an historic inn with a contemporary twist! The Brasserie is modern, bright and relaxing while the Inn is cosy and inviting.
- The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Woodyard, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for a family friendly Restaurant – Serves both lunch and dinner.
- PieDaniels, Bakewell - A fine French restaurant and cafe bar in the heart of Bakewell offering a selection of fine French & English cuisine.
- Rajas Indian Restaurant - A great Indian restaurant located in the Bridge House just on the edge of the famous Bakewell Bridge. They also do take-aways.
- Juniper, Bakewell - Gin bar with a great pizza menu in the centre of Bakewell. They also do take-away pizza.
- Aisseford Tea Room, Ashford in the Water - Pretty village tea room with lots of outdoor seating.
- The Bean and Bag, Bakewell - Family run café in the heart of Bakewell offering locally sourced freshly prepared meals, cakes and scones.
- The Upstairs Café, Bakewell - A nice child –friendly café located in the centre of Bakewell.
- Lavender Tea Rooms, Bakewell - A lovely quaint tea room, hidden in the corner of Hebden court, the charming décor includes vintage memorabilia and there’s outside seating in the sheltered courtyard. A great place for afternoon tea.
- Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop Cafe - Located around the back of the award-winning farm shop is this great cafe serving local produce with amazing views over the estate.
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop - A family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly refurbished station building.
- Hobbs Café, Monsal Head Hotel, Monsal Head - Situated at Monsal Head this cosy café offers great views and serves locally made ice cream.
- Wyes Waters Tea Rooms - A family friendly cafe in the heart of Bakewell offering a good range of reasonably priced meals
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on certain days.
Fresh Delivered Meals and Take-Aways
- Sauced Here- fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks - great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery
- Scoff - Delicious, home-cooked food, delivered to you in the Peak District
- Bakewell Fish and Chip Shop
- Rajas Indian Restaurant
- Eastern Court (Chinese)
- Juniper (Take-away pizza)
- Hope Valley Pizza Co - Take away pizza with free delivery
- Maazi -Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1. Spend a day exploring the historic market town of Bakewell
Bakewell is the largest town within the Peak District National Park and is a hub of activity. Market day is on a Monday and as well as a large range of stalls there is also an agricultural market which is definitely worth a look around as it offers a great insight todays farming community. The town also hosts a craft and gift fair every weekend in the Brigade town hall. The Bakewell Old House Museum occupies one of the oldest buildings in Bakewell and dates back to 1543, it provides a fascinating glimpse into the towns past and is very interesting and informative with lots to appeal to all ages. Obviously no trip to Bakewell would be complete without sampling an original Bakewell pudding. The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop claims to have the old original recipe and still makes the puddings by hand from the secret recipe.
Click here for a link to further information on Bakewell.
2.Cycle or Walk the Monsal Trail
With the Monsal Trail literally on your door step it would be rude not to take the opportunity to cycle/walk along this old Midland Railway line which runs from Bakewell right up to Blackwell Mill, in Chee Dale. The trail offers 8.5 miles of traffic free and mud free cycling/walking and with the recently reopened tunnels offers one of the most spectacular leisure routes in Britain for cycling, walking and horse riding. The nearest cycle hire is at Hassop station which is great place to stop for a bite to eat or for a coffee and nice piece of homemade cake! There is also a lovely little gift shop and book shop and a children’s play area. If walking it is also worth leaving the trail and dropping down in to Monsal Dale itself to enjoy walking along down by the river.
3.Take a tour around the Thornbridge Brewery
This award winning brewery is just down the road from the property and for any real ale lover taking a tour of this state-of-the art brewery is not to be missed. Tours take place very Wednesday and Friday at 3pm, booking is advisable. Also if you are lucky enough to be staying with us in the last week of the month, the brewery holds two socials on the last Wednesday (5-9pm) and the last Saturday (12-8pm) of each month. They generally have a range of 10 cask and keg Thornbridge beers, including Thornbridge favourites and also some of their rarer beers. They also run brewery tours on these socials at 6 and 7pm on the Wednesday and 3 and 5pm on the Saturday, again booking is advisable.
Click here for further information on Thornbridge Brewery
4.Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth House. At Chatsworth there is something to do for every member of the family. The Farmyard and Adventure playground is a brilliant day out for children of all ages - with animal handling, milking demonstrations and daily activities, plus a woodland adventure playground with slides, trampolines and more!Then there is obviously the house itself, steeped with history it’s one of Britain’s greatest stately homes and has been passed down through 16 generations of the Cavendish family. The gardens are equally as impressive as the house, over 100 acres and as well and the beautiful flowers and plants, there are giant water features and sculptures dotted around. Again suitable for all the family, with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park
5.Walk along the Edges
Baslow, Curbar and Froggatt Edges are only a short drive away and offer a spectacular walking route where you can view both the Dark and White Peaks. These three gritstone edges are part an almost continuous line of cliffs running from Stanage Edge down to Birchen Edge at the southern end. These Edges once famous for millstones, are now known as great places to rock climb. There over 200 rock-climbing routes on Curbar Edge alone, making the edges a mecca for walkers and climbers alike. For walkers Baslow Edge also offers interesting features including a memorial to the Duke of Wellington, a giant rock called the Eagle Stone which in years gone by the young men of Baslow used it to show off their prowess and fitness for marriage by climbing to the top and even some resident Highland cows.There are many different routes, some circular, some linear around the edges and also different staring/finishing points. A nice circular route which also includes walking along the river Derwent can be viewed by clicking here.
What to Expect at Fairfield House
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Shower Gel
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Washing up liquid
- Kitchen roll, cling film, kitchen foil
- Dishwasher tablets
- Washing liquid for washing machine
- 2 x tea towels
- 1 x dish cloth and pan scrubber
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, gas, heating and hot water
- 1 x travel cot (if requested) - please supply your own travel cot linen
- 2 x high chairs (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel & hand towel for each guest in bedroom
- There are two log burners –1 basket of logs per fire is provided, after this please provide your own
- 2 x TVs with Freeview and 2 x DVD players
- Sound bar for playing music
- Hair Dryer
- Underfloor heating
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Rotary washing line/pegs and indoor clothes airer
- Iron & ironing board
- Hoover & mop
- A selection of local walking guides, local information books and White Peak and Dark Peak OS Explorer maps
- Card games
- Novels and general interest books
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Rangemaster with 5 rings (gas)
- American style fridge/freezer
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- Double toaster
- 2 cafetieres
- Kitchen scales
- Plastic cups/bowls/plates/cutlery for children
- Tupperware boxes
- Electric whisk
- Washing up bowl & cloths
- Bin bags
- Ice cubes
- 3 bar stools at the breakfast bar
- Table with 6 chairs & a bench + 2 fold up chairs seating 10/11 guests
- 3 tier garden (patio on first 2 tiers then grass with decking at the top)
- Round charcoal BBQ approx 45cm in diameter – available for use from 01st April through to 31st October, please supply your own charcoal and lighting equipment
- Decking with table & 8 chairs
- Swinging seat for 3 with side table
- Chiminea – please use wood from beside log burners or provide your own logs
- Lockable Bike Storage available in the shed
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, a maximum of two dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- Noise Policy - due to the residential location, late night noise must be confined to inside the building by 10pm. Neighbours are in close proximity - not suitable for stag/hen groups or 30th birthday celebrations due to residential area.
- No fire works
- Wifi – we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- The postcode is DE45 1GL - please see the directions page for details
- The nearest town is Bakewell
- The nearest village is Ashford in the Water with village pubs and shop
- Parking for 4/5 cars on the drive
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
- A cautionary damage deposit of £300 is held and returned after your stay
- Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arranged the delivery time
slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there are no Peak Venues staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - Sauced Here
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Here has similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables, dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.