Burrs FarmSleeps 20
Burrs Farm is the perfect country house for friends and family wanting a cosy rural get away with total privacy with a hot tub and Footgolf course. Sleeps between 14 and 20 guests
Luxury Manor House Offers The Perfect Country Retreat Complete With A Hot tub and Your Very Own Foot Golf Course!
- Burrs Farm sits alone in 3 acres of lush farmland and was the former Country Manor House of Chelmorton, close to Buxton and Bakewell.
- Enjoy use of a recently installed Hot Tub with the most amazing views (extra charge may be applied - please give us a call to discuss)
- The perfect party house for friends, family, hen weekends and stag weekends due to its private setting in a stunning rural location with plenty of outdoor space.
- A superb 3 acre Footgolf Course for your unlimited private use during your stay.
- Cosy rural get away with a total of 7 freshly decorated bedrooms, 1 x family bathrooms and 4 x en suites.
- The property is very spacious and retains all the character you would expect from a country residence with centuries of history.
- You can sleep, comfortably dine and socialise groups of 14 to 20 in this spacious manor all under one roof.
- Make the most of the exceptional location for walking, cycling and outdoor pursuits with the two nearby off road bike routes of the Monsal Trail and Tissington and High Peak Trial.
- A traditional village pub in Chelmorton is within walking distance and our award winning pub The Royal Oak is just a 5 minute drive.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The elegant accommodation of Burrs Farm is fabulous for families and mixed groups with a total of seven lovely bedrooms over two floors. All of the bedrooms offer flexible options that can be made up as twins or doubles so you can pick and choose your layout to suit. Three of the first floor bedrooms have private facilities with en suite shower rooms and the fourth has use of the large family bathroom opposite with a roll top bath and double size shower enclosure.
A second staircase leads to the top floor with a further three good sized bedrooms tucked into the eaves creating wonderful country style bedrooms. Two of the rooms use the family bathroom on the first floor just at the bottom of the stair case and one has private facilities of an en suite.
The property can sleep up to a total of 20 guests (if requested, we do have a sofa bed in the second sitting room) and your beds are made up for your arrival. For added comfort we provide each guest with fresh towels, hand soap and shower gel.
Please click here for bedroom layout.
Cooking and Dining
A country house deserves a country kitchen! This super-sized kitchen with polished flagged floors is definitely the heart of the home. It is well stocked with all the equipment and mod cons you need to self cater for large groups and would not be complete without an authentic aga warming the house. To complement the aga, there are alternative cooking methods with a split level oven and hob.
Whether you wish to cook for yourselves or perhaps use one of our many highly recommended outside catering contacts everything you or they will need to put on a meal to remember is provided.
The formal dining room is set up for 16 but with the additional tableWe provide a fridge/freezers, dishwasher, electric oven and hobs, microwave and washing machine and dryer. you can comfortably dine up to 20. There is also a larder, extra dining area in the kitchen, utility room and boot room leading off the kitchen.
Click here for the finer details of what to expect in the property.
You enter this spacious country home through the formal entrance hall. The house feels warm and friendly and is designed to host group celebrations.
To the right is the main lounge with luxurious soft furnishings, comfortable deep seated sofas which are gathered around the original triple stone fire place. You can enjoy a roaring fire in the log burning stove.
Through the dining room a second sitting room with yet another beautiful feature fire place works brilliantly as a play room or den for the younger members of the group or simply an alternative place to watch TV or read the papers. There is also a pool table in the room which is popular with groups of all ages.
Please click here for the floorplans.
Gardens and Outdoor Space
As you approach Burrs Farm via the long (just under a mile!) private track and the impressive farm house stands proud amongst the surrounding rolling hills and dales. The whole property has the most amazing far reaching views of the Peak District and Burrs Farm really comes into its own with a fantastic large garden surrounding the house.
There are patios perfect for outdoor dining and BBQ’s - Burrs Farm even has a fire pit (logs are not provided). Children will love to explore the grounds and there is a playhouse and rope swing to while away the hours.
Through a gate to the rear of the garden is a brilliant new facility where you can enjoy unlimited games of Footgolf. This provides guests with private use of their own 3-acre Footgolf course complete with fairways, pathways and greens.
Please note we are dog friendly at Burrs Farm however, there are horses and sheep in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times.
The Peak District and Surrounding Area
Although you are in a rural position you are only a 20/30 minute walk to the village pub The Church Inn in Chelmorton and 2.2 miles from the start of the Monsal Trail where you can hire bikes here at Blackwell Cycle hire and even abseil from the viaduct at Millers Dale.
The famous spa town of Buxton is a short 10 minute drive from Burrs Farm, most notable architecture comprises of The Crescent which is modelled on Baths Royal Crescent. The popular market town of Bakewell is a short drive in the opposite direction.
Around the surrounding area you will find the Blue John Caverns, the Monsal Trial, the Tissington and High Peak Trail, Go Ape Adventure Park, The Goyt Valley, Dovedale, Chatsworth House, Tissington and Haddon Hall are all within an easy drive.
Click here for our recommendations to help you plan your stay.
How To Find Us
The address of Burrs Farm is:
Approx GPS coordinates of the property are: 53.23668, -1.84233 Burrs Farm is quite tricky to find as you cannot view the farm from the road (and the postcode takes you to another farm) so please follow the below directions!
Directions to Burrs Farm from Buxton (approx. 15 minutes):
- From Buxton follow signs to the A515 to Ashbourne
- Once on the A515 for 3 miles
- On the right hand side ahead of you there will be a large bookstore ‘Brierlow Bar Bookstore’, make sure you are in the left hand lane and follow the A5270 off left signposted ‘Bakewell, Chesterfield, Chelmorton’
- Continue along this road for 2 miles
- You will pass two right hand turns signposted to Chelmorton, carry on a few yards beyond these until you see a sign on the right hand side for The Church Inn.
- On the left hand side a few yards up there is a gravel lane (Caxterway Lane) with a signpost at the end ‘Burrs Farm’. The gravel lane is just before the public footpath sign on the left.
- Follow the gravel lane down for approximately 0.3 miles
- You will see a fairly new wooden fence on the right hand side, turn right and you will drive over a cattle grid and as you dip down you will see Burrs Farm.
- You have arrived at Burrs Farm!
- From Bakewell follow signs to the A6 to Buxton
- Continue along the A6 for 7.2 miles
- After 7.2 miles, take a left hand turn onto the A5270 signposted ‘Brierlow Bar, Ashbourne, Chelmorton’
- Continue along this road for approx. 1 mile
- Your satnav might take you to a nearby farm called ‘Flatt Farm’, if you see a large blue cabin at the bottom of the drive it is the wrong farm and you need to continue further on the A5270
- You will pass a small row of cottages on the brow of a hill on the right hand side, continue following the road down the hill. There will be a public footpath sign on the right.
- After the footpath sign on the right hand side there is a gravel lane (Caxterway Lane) with a signpost at the end ‘Burrs Farm’. (If you pass a sign for The Church Inn on your left handside or a left hand turn for Chelmorton you have gone a few yards too far.)
- Follow the gravel lane down for approximately 0.3 miles
- You will see a fairly new wooden fence on the right hand side, turn right and you will drive over a cattle grid and as you dip down you will see Burrs Farm.
- You have arrived at Burrs Farm!
Why not take a closer look. Using state of the art technology we can let you take a walk around the wholeof this property.
If you're using a phone or a tablet, you may find the tour easier to navigate in a window of its own. Click here to launch.
The following comments are taken straight from the guestbook we keep for Burrs Farm. Verbatim.
Morgan stayed in March '18
We had an excellent stay at Burrs Farm. It was an ideal venue for us.
Wigglesworth stayed in January '18
On behalf of our extended family I want to say how much we enjoyed our celebratory family weekend at Burrs Farm. What a fantastic property in a wonderful remote situation. The Farmhouse was just right for our three generation group and activities. We managed sledging and with all the snow, 2 cars were pulled out by Annie and her friend, which was apparently no trouble! Many thanks to Annie for her hospitality, and making herself accessible.
Reeve stayed in November '17
Just to thank you and Annie at burrs farm. It was an amazing weekend and the house is amazing. Annie is just a gracious host and nothing was too much trouble for her . We will definitely be back
Drew stayed in October '17
We had a wonderful time there its a fabulous place will definitely recommend it and we'll almost certainly go back there. Thank you also to Peak Venues because you did find the place for us and were really helpful at the beginning of our search. It turned out to be just the right place for all 19 of us.
Sylph stayed in August '17
We had a fantastic time and would definitely come back!
Nasser stayed in July '17
It was a very lovely stay and very nice place; would definitely recommend!
Connor stayed in July '17
We had a great time at Burrs Farm, an ideal venue for our celebration.
Preston stayed in June '17
Our stay was brilliant, so a huge thanks to the team and Annie.
Skelland stayed in June '17
Thank you. We had a fantastic time.
Cooke stayed in June '17
The venue was fabulous and Annie so helpful
Johnson stayed in June '17
We had an absolutely fantastic time at Burrs Farm. The property was exactly what we were looking for and exceeded all of our expectations. Annie the owner was also very efficient and helpful in solving the problems with the speakers we encountered. Many thanks again for all your help in making our weekend so special.
Fish stayed in June '17
The house was wonderful and we had a great weekend - thank you for your help
Handley stayed in May '17
We all hugely enjoyed our stay at Burrs Farm and were very impressed with all aspects of our stay. We were blessed with some great weather as well which always helps.
Matthews stayed in May '17
Thank you as a team and the owner too for arranging such a great experience for all of us. We had a great time.
Flynn stayed in April '17
A great company to deal with and very efficient so thank you for your help with everything. I will most certainly be recommending to others.
Stopher Clark stayed in April '17
I just wanted to say we had a fantastic time at Burrs Farm, such a wonderful house, we were really pleased with the high standard of the house. Thank you for all the information provided before our arrival, it really helped me with the planning. We booked shooting with the Yeavely Estate and had the wonderful Strand Fine Catering company came and cooked for us on the Saturday night. We also had lunch on Sunday at the Royal Oak. All in all it was an awesome way for me to celebrate my 30th birthday with friends.
Kirsop stayed in April '17
We had a lovely holiday
Perry stayed in March '17
Splendid house, wonderful weekend. A marvellous and lovely house with all facilities and made very welcome by Annie Many thanks
Thompson stayed in February '17
All 16 of us had a great time, in spite of the weather. The Farm had every amenity we could wish for & the directions were excellent, even in the dark & for a grocery delivery & the cake delivery.
Riley stayed in February '17
We enjoyed our stay so much thank you. The house and location were both amazing. During our stay a lot of people were commenting on what a great place it would be for their family get togethers. Thank you again, we had such an enjoyable stay.
Davies stayed in February '17
Thank you very much and we had an amazing time
Kidd stayed in January '17
The weekend was so lovely. We all really enjoyed ourselves and have fallen in love with the Peak District.
Roberts stayed in December '16
Dear Luke (Sauced Here) I just want to thank you very much for all you did to contribute to the wonderful New Year's weekend we had at Burrs Farm. It was brilliant to arrive and find all the food in the fridge and in the pantry, so easy to find everything. We can't thank you enough, it made catering so much more manageable. I really valued that, the helpful advice you gave and the easiness of using your website. Our son who cooked the lamb beautifully said that it could only be that delicious because the lamb was so good to start with. Please thank all your suppliers from us. Also thank you for trying so hard to find freesias. I would highly recommend Sauced Here to anyone booking in the Buxton area!
Roberts stayed in December '16
I have already thanked Annie Cottrell for our very special stay there and she asked if I could pass this on to you. We felt so welcome in the house. We arrived at 3pm to find everything ready including lovely decorations (it was New Year), a welcome from Annie and her helpers and all the food ordered from Sauced Here already in the fridge and pantry, plus wine in place ordered by our son. The house was wonderfully spacious, we were a party of 17 with 5 children and the bedrooms were very comfortable, the bathrooms lovely, the kitchen spacious and ideal for cooking eating and chatting. In addition the dining room was ideal for our big celebratory dinner and the games and sitting room much used and appreciated. We had well settled in by the time we needed to leave! - and could easily go back another time to enjoy outdoor things on offer at a warmer time of year. Many thanks to you all for your help and suggestions.
Palazzo stayed in December '16
Thanks so much - we had a brilliant time!! The house was just perfect.
Morrell stayed in November '16
Thanks, it was a very enjoyable weekend, and the house and grounds are exceptional.
Bellotti stayed in October '16
We had an absolutely fabulous week - old friends, eating, playing cards, talking a lot, walking a lot and spending some invaluable quality time together after many years. Annie was fantastic - on hand with anything we needed, and a great host. Couldn't have asked for better.
Chrimes stayed in October '16
Thank you very much for a wonderful stay. The property was absolutely perfect for our needs.
Collier stayed in September '16
Many thanks for all your assistance, we had a fabulous weekend and party and have recommended your business and Burrs farm to many people.
Sheard stayed in September '16
Our weekend stay was absolutely perfect! We can't wait to book again.
Trickett stayed in September '16
Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay in Burrs Farm. It is such a beautiful house and was so far beyond our expectations! Annie was a wonderful host and went above and beyond to be so accommodating! Thank you so much for the teapots Annie! I hope that the house is in an immaculate standard as it was when we found it.
Tatlock and Trickett stayed in September '16
Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay in Burrs Farm. It is such a beautiful house and was so far beyond our expectations! Annie was a wonderful host and went above and beyond to be so accommodating!
Stephenson stayed in August '16
We had a fantastic weekend. Burrs Farm was the perfect venue for us.
Webster stayed in August '16
We thoroughly enjoyed our extended “en famille” holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday and I have to say that Burr’s Farm lived up to my expectations. As an extended family of 18 or so plus friends of our children, our plan was always to spend time walking in the surrounding countryside and eat in at the farm. We were delighted to find the accommodation spacious (plenty of room for different age groups to do their own thing – we ranged in age from 3 to 83) and the cooking facilities excellent – it is clearly a house designed to live and cook in and not just somewhere to stay. Burr’s Farm came into its own when heavy rain meant that walking was out of the question and we all had plenty of space to relax in the house in our various ways.
Beavitt stayed in August '16
I would like to say what an excellent experience it has been dealing with Peak Venue's, you and the team have provided excellent service throughout and the farmhouse itself exceeded all expectations. I will be sure to recommend to others.
Langhorn stayed in August '16
We had a great stay at Burrs Farm
Callaghan stayed in June '16
We had a wonderful time at Burr's Farm last weekend, it's a beautiful, well equipped property and would definitely recommend it to friends and family for large family gatherings!!
Smith stayed in June '16
Burrs farm is a wonderful house
Huddlestone stayed in May '16
We had a wonderful week at Burrs Farm. The house had everything we could possibly want and the location was stunning.
Barker stayed in May '16
Thank you so much. Burrs Farm was the perfect setting for a fun filled, but also chilled hen weekend and me and my hens thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.
Sessions stayed in May '16
We had a great time at Burrs Farm on the weekend. It's a fantastic property in a lovely location.
Booth stayed in April '16
Brilliant weekend had by all and Burrs Farm is a beautiful property.
Barber stayed in April '16
Thank you for your email. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely use Peak Venues again in the future. I have stayed in two separate properties with peak venues and found that both were kept immaculate it's nice to know you are getting what you pay for.
Wright stayed in March '16
We thought the cottage was absolutely amazing and I will definitely recommend the to others. We couldn't of asked for anything more
Massarella stayed in March '16
Many thanks for the email, we did indeed have a great weekend and the house was the perfect setting.
Fenby stayed in February '16
Thank you. We had a truly splendid week at Burrs Farm. Everyone of our party loved every minute. We highly recommend the situation and praise the owner who made everything a joy for us.
Hingley stayed in February '16
Thank you to you and your team for recommending such a wonderful property to us!
Pearson stayed in January '16
We have just returned from a long weekend at Burrs Farm. Where we stayed with friends for a university reunion, the house is so nicely furnished and decorated, the kitchen has everything you could need and more and a great place to socialise. The scenery was fantastic and my personal highlight was watching the sunrise on Monday morning with a watercolour sky. We did a wonderful walk to the quarry and a trip to nearby Bakewell. Not forgetting another wonderful meal at the Royal Oak on the Saturday night of course! The owner of Burrs Farm, Annie was wonderfully helpful and even arranged early check in for us. The pool table and log burners got a lot of use! We will be back!
Holmes stayed in January '16
We had a wonderful stay at Burrs Farm, thank you.
Micheli stayed in December '15
Venue was lovely. We really enjoyed our stay at Burrs Farm.
Isherwood stayed in November '15
Thank you so much for the opportunity to stay in Burrs Farm this weekend, the venue has amazing facilities and is so warm & welcoming. Thank you for the flowers, bread & biscuits. We wanted for nothing despite the stormy weather. We tried to leave it as we found it so hopefully it was acceptable. It was my daughters Hen party with 15 ladies aged 26 to 70. A lovely time was had by all. The kitchen was a lovely area to congregate & we all sat comfortably around the long table in the separate dining room. The bedrooms and bathrooms were so comfortable and stylish and we all slept well.
Fosbueary stayed in November '15
Thanks very much, the house was amazing.
Bray stayed in October '15
Thank you very much for a great stay.
Stone stayed in October '15
We had an amazing weekend and hardly left the house as it was such a great venue! As far as feedback goes it was great to stay somewhere which was so well equipped for the size of it! There was always enough cups, plates, glasses etc for everyone even when some were in the dishwasher. And the pots and pans were big enough to cater for large numbers which was brilliant. The little touches by the owner (fresh flowers, biscuits etc) were lovely!
Bennett stayed in October '15
My time at Burrs Farm to celebrate my 50th birthday will go down as one of the best memories of my life! Thank you to Peak Venues for introducing me to basically a property to die for.
Orchards stayed in October '15
Beautiful house, fantastic weekend- amazing.
Bennett stayed in October '15
Celebrating my 50th birthday- OMG! Such a fantastic house and gardens. Lots of great memories!
Lowson stayed in September '15
Thank you very much, we all had a fantastic time.
Sophie stayed in September '15
Wonderful house, beautiful decor, comfortable beds, stunning scenery, fantastic amount of crockery and 'bits & bobs'. The Church Inn has the most delicious food. Very kind birthday treats left- much appreciated. Thank you sincerely!
Stock stayed in September '15
Can I just say how fantastic Burrs Farm was. It definitely exceeded our expectations and we had a fantastic weekend. Had a lovely hen weekend. Great kitchen for dancing, lovely comfortable beds for after. Great house and garden, everything you need for a lovely time!
Iafrati stayed in September '15
Had a fantastic weekend at this great farmhouse for my 30th birthday. Thanks very much, will definitely be back!
Carletti stayed in August '15
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, the house was perfect and Annie was very accommodating. It was so beautiful and we had a fabulous stay in the house. We will definitely be back to stay again. I will certainly be leaving positive reviews, many of the girls are wanting to go back and stay with family members. Thank you for all of the local information you send through, we used caters, riding schools, archery company so it was very helpful.
Donnelly/Watson stayed in August '15
Great biking on Monsal/Tissington trails. Wonderfully relaxing house & best of all a sing-song at the fire pit. Loved it all- a great family week. Thank you!
Miles stayed in August '15
Cracking house, garden, location. Clean, comfortable and well equipped. Jamie enjoyed his stag!
Rayner stayed in July '15
We very much enjoyed our stay at Burrs Farm – we hope to be back!
Pickard stayed in July '15
What a beautiful house! There were 20 of us staying and it was fantastic for grown-ups and children alike. The garden is brilliant for the children and we absolutely loved the kitchen and all the little touches. A real escape and fantastic weekend!
Spear stayed in June '15
We had a really good time. The house was perfect for our group, the accommodation worked perfectly and everything was to a very high standard. To have so much space around us for the kids to play in was brilliant. I’m sure we will use Peak Venues again and definitely recommend to friends
McCleary stayed in June '15
We had a great stay thank you and have already recommended the property to 2 other family groups!
Arkinstall stayed in June '15
With regards to feedback, I think I can speak for the whole party when I say we were very, very happy with Burrs Farm, and we had a fantastic weekend there. The house itself was lovely and clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The location was stunning, especially the views from the back garden, and all a short taxi ride away from Buxton. I will be sure to write a positive trip advisor review!
Burrell stayed in May '15
A brilliant house, beautifully decorated and very well equipped. We had a great time!
Hooke stayed in May '15
Dear Peak Venues Team Thanks for a great weekend at Burrs Farm. It was a fantastic place for the family to get together to celebrate our Mum’s 85th birthday and she really enjoyed herself.
Keates stayed in May '15
we had a lovely time at Burrs Farm, it is beautifully decorated and very warm and cosy
Smith stayed in May '15
What a wonderful stay, in a wonderful house. Fabulous location and great hospitality, can't wait to return.
Wray stayed in April '15
Thank you for a wonderful stay at Burrs Farm this weekend. The whole group absolutely loved it. Everything was thought of - I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to a friend.
Girling stayed in March '15
Our stay at Burrs Farm was absolutely fantastic. The layout of the house is perfect; excellent kitchen, dining room and living rooms and superb bedrooms with several en-suites. The surrounding area boasts great views and several nice walks, and the house itself is easily accessible by car. The lovely owner was easily available by phone throughout the weekend to answer a few questions we had. Not once were we judged for being a group of 16 lads on a stag either (sadly this wasn't the case with some other companies/venues we contacted) and this epitomised the welcoming and warm feel of the whole weekend. Several of our group will look to rent this outstanding house again in the future!
Sign the Guestbook
If you have comments you'd like to leave then please get in touch. We love to hear all feedback - good or bad.
Your Stay At Burrs Farm
Our Favourite Places to Eat Nearby
- The Church Inn, Chelmorton - Traditional village pub serving hearty meals within walking distance of the property if you are feeling energetic. Approx 1.5 miles away.
- Royal Oak, Hurdlow –Just 5 miles away our very own award winning pub offer open fires, hidden corners, local ales and of course ‘great home-made pub food’. Booking advised.
The Bull’s Head, Monyash - A traditional pub located in the heart of Monyash, serving good pub food. Popular with families and walkers.
- The Manners, Bakewell - Great local Chef has returned to his roots to provide excellent food in the heart of Bakewell. Family friendly Beer Garden. BBQ in the summer months.
- The Bull, Ashford in the Water - Traditional Robinson's small character pub serving great food in a lovely Derbyshire village with the River Wye flowing through the heart of it.
- The Packhorse, Little Longstone - Lovely historic character features in this compact pub – promotes itself with ‘Walkers and Muddy boots welcome.’
- The White Lion, Great Longstone - Recently refurbished gastro pub situated in the pretty village of Great Longstone.
- Simply Thai, Buxton - Great local Thai restaurants located in the centre of town – booking is definitely recommended.
- Taj Mahal, Buxton - Excellent curry house in Buxton.
- Pizza Express, Buxton -Well known pizza chain in a great location for town and the Opera House – kid friendly.
- St. Moritz Restaurant, Buxton - Swiss and Italian cuisine, great pasta dishes and also has a excellent pre- theatre menu.
- Indian Palace, Buxton - Great Indian restaurant in the centre of Buxton
- Lone Star, Buxton - Mexican/American cuisine, known for their large portions.
- Columbine, Buxton - Small privately run restaurant, perfect for a special occasion.
- Pointing Dog & Duck, Bakewell - Great location by the river in Bakewell for an upmarket family friendly Italian Restaurant – Home-made pizzas and pasta are both excellent. Serves both lunch and dinner.
- PieDaniels, Bakewell- A fine French restaurant and cafe bar in the heart of Bakewell offering a selection of fine French & English cuisine.
- Juniper, Bakewell - Gin bar with a great pizza menu in the centre of Bakewell. They also do take-away pizza.
- The Merchant’s Yard, Tideswell - A stylish restaurant with a private dining area for large groups. Also a lovely setting for afternoon tea and the cocktails are a must!
- The Café, Green Pavilion, Buxton - Good breakfasts with a variety of vegetarian options, also fantastic lunch menu with a good selection of salads/quiches/sandwiches. Excellent coffee and great staff.
- No 6 The Square, Buxton - Relax and enjoy morning coffee, light meals or a traditional English afternoon tea in the elegant surroundings of No. 6 The Square.
- Upstairs at Charlotte's, Buxton - Part of Charlotte's Chocolates and Cafe, this cafe has an interesting and varied menu and there is plenty of chocolate featured!
- Hassop Station Café & Bookshop - A new family friendly cafe with outdoor covered seating and play, with a focus on food, family & fresh air. Enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea on the terrace on the renown Monsal Trail or in the newly
refurbished station building.
- The Old Smithy Café, Monyash - Rustic! Famous for its breakfast featured in the Top 50 Breakfast Book in the country. Character décor, open year round – walkers and bikers welcome. Also serves lunch daily with dinner on certain days.
- Lavender Tea Rooms, Bakewell - A lovely quaint tea room, hidden in the corner of Hebden court, the charming décor includes vintage memorabilia and there’s outside seating in the sheltered courtyard. A great place for afternoon tea.
- The Bean and Bag, Bakewell - Family run café in the heart of Bakewell offering locally sourced freshly prepared meals, cakes and scones.
- The Upstairs Café, Bakewell - A nice child –friendly café located in the centre of Bakewell.
Fresh Delivered Meals and Take-Aways
- Sauced Here- fantastic selection of home made prepared meals from local chef/cooks -great for large groups. They also provide a full basket of groceries from local producers that can replace a supermarket delivery.
- Scoff - Delicious, home-cooked food, delivered to you in the Peak District
- Simply Thai
- Pizza Express
- Taj Mahal
- Khomkhai Thai Cuisine
- Indian Palace
- The Great Panda Restaurant (Chinese)
- Maazi- Sumptuous Indian meal or buffet delivered to your door. Numerous catering options and can also provide waiting on staff and even take away the washing up.
Our Top 5 Places to Visit Nearby
1. Cycle or walk the Monsal Trail
With the Monsal Trial so close by it would be rude not to take the opportunity to cycle/walk along this old Midland Railway line which runs from Bakewell right up to Blackwell Mill, in Chee Dale. The trail offers 8.5 miles of traffic free and mud free cycling/walking and with the recently reopened tunnels offers one of the most spectacular leisure routes in Britain for cycling, walking and horse riding. The nearest cycle hire to the property is at Blackwell Mill and you can also hire bikes at Hassop station which is great place to stop for a bite to eat or for a coffee and nice piece of homemade cake! There is also a lovely little gift shop and book shop and a children’s play area. If walking it also worth leaving the trail and dropping down in to Monsal Dale itself to enjoy walking along down by the river.
2. Spend a day exploring the historic market town of Bakewell
Bakewell is the largest town within the Peak District National Park and is a hub of activity. Market day is on a Monday and as well as anlarge range of stalls there is also an agricultural market which is definitely worth a look around as it offers a great insight todays farming community. The town also hosts a craft and gift fair every weekend in Brigade town hall. The Bakewell Old House Museum occupies one of the oldest buildings in Bakewell and dates back to 1543, it provides a fascinating glimpse into the towns past and is very interesting and informative with lots to appeal to all ages.Obviously no trip to Bakewell would be complete without sampling an original Bakewell pudding. The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop claims to have the old the original recipe and still makes the puddings by hand from the secret recipe.
Click here for a link to further information on Bakewell.
3. Take a tour around the Thornbridge Brewery
This award winning brewery is not far from the property and for any real ale lover taking a tour of this state-of-the art brewery is not to be missed. Tours take place very Wednesday and Friday at 3pm, booking is advisable. Also if you are lucky enough to be staying with us in the last week of the month, the brewery holds two socials on the last Wednesday (5-9pm) and the last Saturday (12-8pm) of each month. They generally have a range of 10 cask and keg Thornbridge beers, including Thornbridge favourites and also some of their rarer beers. They also run brewery tours on these socials at 6 and 7pm on the Wednesday and 3 and 5pm on the Saturday, again booking is advisable.
Click here for further information on Thornbridge Brewery
4. The spa town of Buxton
The spa town of Buxton can really offer something for everyone; enjoy a stroll around the pretty Pavilion gardens. The kids can enjoythe playground areas or you might choose to go for a swim at the recent refurbished swimming pool. The more adventurous may want to try out ‘Go Ape’ the treetop adventure course, for those without a head for heights a visit to Poole’s Cavern is fascinating, and it’s a great activity especially for kids when the weather does not cooperate for outdoor activities. For theatre lovers, seeing a show in the intimate Buxton Opera House is a must, and for the shopaholics the pretty Cavendish Arcade has a range of lovely little boutique shops. Lovers of real ale will enjoy visiting Buxton Tap House, which is Buxton’s own brewery pub serving its very own ales and bitters.
Click here for further information on Buxton
5. Chatsworth House and Park
No visit to the Peak District would be complete without visiting the fabulous Chatsworth Estate. There really is something to do for every member of the family - The Farmyard and Adventure playground, the magnificent house and the gardens which are equally as impressive as the house, with the maze, the garden trails, and the famous water cascade to keep the little ones occupied.
Click here for a link to Chatsworth House and Park
What to Expect at Burrs Farm
A basic weekend supply of the following essentials are supplied (as there are no staff on site if you run out you will have to replace):
- Hand soap
- Shower Gel
- Loo rolls (1 x on the holder and 1 spare per bathroom)
- Bin bags
- Washing up liquid
- Cling film, kitchen roll & kitchen foil
- 5 x dishwasher tablets
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Basic cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials – a basic supply of tea, coffee, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Utilities - Electric, heating and hot water
- 2 x travel cot (please supply your own cot linen)
- 3 x high chairs (if requested)
- Fresh linen with beds made up upon arrival
- Fresh towels - Bath towel and hand towel for each guest
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in utility room
- Iron & ironing board indoor clothes airer
- Hoover & mop
- Two sitting rooms with TV with free view and 1 x dvd player
- 2 x log burners located in the sitting room and dining room. We provide 1 x basket of logs for each fire. There is a log store on site and an honesty box should you wish to purchase more (please note we cannot provide matches.)
- Ipod docking station
- Pool table in second sitting room
- Board games
Cooking and Dining
Any kitchen items that are absolutely vital for your stay, please check with us before your visit to ensure that it is at the property (as things do sometimes get broken).
- Pots, pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- Traditional oiled fuelled Aga – must be kept on constantly
- Separate set of 4 electric hobs and a separate oven with grill
- Walk in pantry
- Chest freezer in pantry and a tall fridge/freezer in the kitchen
- Double toaster
- Kitchen scales
- 2 x Kettles
- Electric whisk
- Large oblong dining table seats up to 20. There are a mix of chairs and long benches.
- Extra dining table and chairs in the kitchen
- BBQ – please bring your own coal
- Garden furniture
- Herb garden, which guests are welcome to pick the herbs.
- Fire pit – There is a log store on site and an honesty box should you wish
to purchase logs (please note we cannot provide matches.)
- Use of the field beyond the garden
- Outdoor games - football, swing ball and croquet set. Also play house and rope swing in garden.
You Should Know
- Please note that we are dog friendly at this property however there are livestock in the surrounding fields so dogs must be kept under control at all times. For your information, a maximum of two dogs are allowed on site if pre-arranged - you will be expected to keep them out of the bedrooms, off the soft furnishings and carpeted areas and on the tiled floors only in the kitchen and utility room. We do charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy for further details.
- No fireworks due to nearby live stock
- Access is via a gravelled farm track (just under a mile long from the main road)
– we provide free wifi however as the Peak District is in a beautiful rural location sometimes there can be intermittent wifi signal that is beyond our control, we also hope you appreciate that we cannot guarantee wifi if there are technical issues out of our control.
- The postcode is SK17 9SP – Important check directions page for more details as postcode does not take you direct to the property
- The nearest town is Buxton
- The nearest village is Chelmorton with a village pub – 10 – 15 minute walk
- Plenty of private parking
Booking and Payment Process
- We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm a booking
- The balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival
- Full payment is due upon booking if it is booked with 12 weeks prior to arrival
A cautionary damage deposit of £400 is held and returned after your stay
Click here for a full description of how to make a booking
Arrival and Departure
- Check in 3pm or after
- Check out is by 10am prompt
Shopping Delivery Information
For ease, lots of our guests pre-ordered a shopping delivery. You are very welcome to organise this however, please do make sure you have arrange the delivery time slot to arrive after you have checked in, as we are unable to accept it on your behalf (as the property is let as exclusive use there is are no Peak Venus staff on site).
Local Shopping Delivery From Local Producers - SAUCED HERE.
Keep it local! Our guests often ask for recommendations for local farm shops and butchers for the all-important celebration meals and this is a brilliant and very easy service. Sauced Herehas similar functionality to an on line supermarket but is only stocked by local suppliers in the Peak District - order your wine, meat, vegetables,
dairy and so much more with a choice of over a thousand products and at reasonable prices. It's a great service which delivers straight to your holiday cottage or you can click and collect at a local pick up point.
Click here to book a delivery slot.